Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Default Help with my dating site profile????

Ok...so I've spent the past year kind of focusing on me after a bad breakup with my ex....and I feel like i'm finally ready to date again. I'm an outgoing person but extremely shy when it comes to men and people I don't know well in general..What to do???? Dating site...I feel like I have a good personality and it'll show through easier if I'm not as nervous...OKcupid...I love you....Time to do this...First time signing up for one...And I want your guys help

First....I need help decribing my body size....My options are:

Rather not say
Thin
Overweight
Skinny
Average
Fit
Athletic
Jacked
A little extra
Curvy
Full Figured
Used up (bahaha what?)

These are the pictures I'm choosing to use...
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q269/smc88_2/

I they show my personality pretty well Even if one or two are goofy xD And are a good repesentation of my body...are there any I shouldn't use???

start with those two....and then I'll start working on my about me part xD....

Thanks in advance for your help guys....This is totally out of my element 0.o

Last edited by baker23; 04-28-2012 at 09:15 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #2  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

S/C/G: 290/248/130-ish

Height: 5'5"

Oh, the dating site..... Been there, did that, didn't go great, but not too bad! lol. I found that if i keep it honest and to the point, it is better. The losers will run when you are honest and tell them what you really think, and the intelligent ones will be intrigued. As far as pictures, I say put whatever you are comfortable with. I also eventually added a "what I'm not looking for" paragraph. It was blunt, but with a touch of humor. I was definitely a conversation starter. Since I was(and still am) fat, i made sure to point out that I was. No sense in pretending that I wasn't. lol
ShrinkingPrettyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #3  
Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingPrettyGirl View Post
Oh, the dating site..... Been there, did that, didn't go great, but not too bad! lol. I found that if i keep it honest and to the point, it is better. The losers will run when you are honest and tell them what you really think, and the intelligent ones will be intrigued. As far as pictures, I say put whatever you are comfortable with. I also eventually added a "what I'm not looking for" paragraph. It was blunt, but with a touch of humor. I was definitely a conversation starter. Since I was(and still am) fat, i made sure to point out that I was. No sense in pretending that I wasn't. lol
Honest and to the point...got it =D...My personality is goofy and i'm sure it'll show.....I wasen't going to actually mention anything about my weight. They'll be able to see for themselves what I look like through the pics....

Last edited by baker23; 04-28-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I couldn't actually see any of your body in the pictures. I had a friend that would describe herself as Rubenesque on her dating site, it didn't stop anybody from dating her. I think , for you I would say curvy or full figured.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #5  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

Ok, I found the link for your pictures. You look amazing! You don't have to mention your weight, I was just saying what I did. Definitely keep it honest and there will be guys that are just dumb and will annoy the mess out of you, so be ready. The beauty of online dating is that you can tell someone to leave you alone with very little drama. It's kinda nice!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #6  
Sarah

bargoo- Thank you =D...I will add a better pic of my body then...I was thinking curvy too...I read on other postings that posting curvy seemed like you were saying obese...so I was hesitant to list it in the first place

ShrinkingPrettyGirl- Will do hopefully most of those types will avoid messaging...Any funny stories to share that came out of your experience? =D

Last edited by baker23; 04-28-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #7  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

Nothing too funny. I actually only met 2 of the guys. I was really particular who I met. Most of the guys messaging me were pretty upfront about wanting to hook up and that wasnt what I wanted so I didnt waste any time there. One guy seemed really nice, had a great career, we texted for months and talked on the phone and we finally decided to meet. We did mess around some, but not much and he continued texting and calling, but since we were both busy, it was hard to find time to meet again. I eventually moved to the town where he lived, for college NOT HIM! Anyways, he was excited about that since we would be able to meet up more often. Time went on and I did meet him again and we hung out for a bit. Wait, there was a time inbetween those too. Anyways, long story short, it faded rather quickly with no real reason. The other guy ended up being a 30 year old virgin. Now, I dont have a problem with that at all, but when you are so strange and have sugar coated every aspect of your life and i figure out that you are only in this to "meet a goal," I'm done. lol There were actually several virgins that i messaged. Despite what I said above, it was a pleasant experience. Im actually texting a guy now that I met online. He has a weight loss goal that he wants to meet before he meets me. I think its silly, but to each his own. He seems really nice and so far, he is pretty much what I'm looking for as far as I can tell. Just have fun with it!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

I have never dated online before, so no advice I can offer, but I don't think you have to explain your body to anyone. You look awesome, so If I were you I would put "average" and call it done. Like you said, they can look through and figure it out themselves. And if they don't like what they see, well, they are losing out! Good luck, and be safe!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

average for sure! don't say curvy, people seem to think obese which is not right and you certaintly are not obese!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm a little heavier than you and I have average on my profile. So far none of the guys have disagreed! From what I've seen average means you aren't a stick and you aren't obese. Sort of like....look at what you are, and go down a level. So I would say I have either curvy or a little extra, which means I should put average. :P I'm not saying you should lie, it's just that peoPle sort of assume the worst.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Also, side rant, why does every other guy start their profile with "I'm a pretty laid back guy"??? It's getting so annoying, lol.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

i vote average
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #13  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Definitely choose average.. those options are pretty funny though haha

Pictures are super cute too.. best of luck
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #14  
Sarah

Quote:
"I'm a pretty laid back guy"??? It's getting so annoying, lol
bahaha I noticed that xDDD...the same goes for video games xD

Quote:
options are pretty funny though haha
I wonder what would happen if I selected "used up" ....haha

Thanks for all your opnions guys... I think I will stick with average, and I posted a side pic of my body so they can see for themselfs

Now.....The about me part xD....I'm a horrible writer and my personality isn't comming out...any pointers on this opener???

"I'm a really outgoing and energetic person. I love running. Its my favorite hobby along with photography, hiking, horseback riding, camping, pretty much anything that keeps me outside. Watching movies, goofing around, relaxing with a bud light beer all keep me happy. I love life and take advantage of everything it has to offer. People tell me I'm shy at first. I want to meet someone who shares my same passion and enthusiasm, can carry on a witty and most likely goofy conversation about the most random things, and not be afraid to try new things constantly..."

It sounds very stiff and typical...and i'm having trouble really showing how goofy I am in it xDDD...HELLPPP...Pointers?

Last edited by baker23; 04-29-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #15  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

I think that sounds good. Your goofy side will shine through when you talk back and forth with the guys, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.