Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #16  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

If you have a Wii or Kinect, I would recommend getting some games for that. I've been using Gold's Gym Dance Workout for Wii, and it gets my heart pumping. I love that in the workout video games you get your own personal trainer who changes up your exercise routine so you don't get bored as quickly.

Personally, I can't run. I get horrible shin splints and my feet get numb. So I need to find other ways to get my cardio in, and I found that I love cardio boxing and dancing games like Zumba.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

wow tons of ideas!! Thanks everyone!

krampus, yes it was a rock concert. Well heavy metal. It is so fun, I haven't been to a concert since before I got pregnant with my 4 year old.

I think the skating is doing it!!! I am down to 224!! I want to be down to 220 by the end of the month, I can do 4 pounds!!! That will make a total of 20 lbs! By the end of june I would love to be down to 200 but I know that is a long shot..

I have huge blisters on both of my feet. I think I need to buy new skates. I am gonna try to put some padding in the skates today. I refuse to give up. My husband thinks I am crazy but I am very determined! Maybe if I keep forcing myself into those skates he will bring me to the store to buy new ones lol! I did walk 1/2 of my workout yesterday so I am not gonna hurt myself or anything. I figure if I can grin and bear it, I will be fine.
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 264/216.6/160

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like you've found what works! I personally enjoy dancing. Anything that is fast and gets the heart pumping. I'm hooked on the Kinect right now and am looking for as many options as possible as I bore easily. I just started Zumba Fitness Rush yesterday, and it kicked my butt. I'll keep pushing through though.

Good luck! I hope you get to your golden number.
Iyakamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

That sounds like fun. I live in a upstairs apartment.. so jumping around dancing may annoy my neighbor under me lol! maybe once I loose a little weight and I am lighter on my feet haha.

Skating did not work out yesterday, I made it about a quarter of the way and the blisters just hurt way too bad. I decided to just walk.. I put on my app that tells me how far/fast/time I exercise and it said that I walked 3 miles!!! I did not realize it was so much.. oh well. It is still fun. I am down to 223/222!
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #20  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

I posted this in my challenge thread, but i'll summarize it again here.

I set up a really fun (and intense) obstacle course in our guest bedroom, hallway and living room for my fiancé and I to do together.
We started in the guest room with vigorous calisthenics, in this order (for more movement/higher heart rate): 10 push-ups, 10 crunches, 30 second plank, 10 reverse crunches, 10 supermans, then repeat once.
After that, 20 side lunges, 10 each leg, and 20 forward lunges, 10 each leg.
We have a pull-up bar in the doorway of the guest room so however many pull-ups you can do.
In the hall, I set a kitchen chair at each end, and two barbells in front of me on the floor at one end. In the hallway, do: 5 tricep dips on the chair, then squat jump over the barbells. Turn around and pick up the barbells, and set them back down in front of you. Squat jump over them again, and so on until youre at the other chair. 5 more tricep dips, then squat jumps (or burpees) back to the other chair, tricep dips, squat jumps back, tricep dips. Then, we went into the living room and lifted the couch, then did a 20-sec wall sit, and repeat couch lift and wall sit two more times.
That's the end of the workout, and after that we went back into the guest room for yoga cool down. The cool thing about the at-home obstacle course is that you can get creative with it. Above is just one example, for the layout of my house, but you could condense it to one room easily, and do it on vacation pretty easily. The only equiptment you need is a yoga mat (optional, really, if you can hack it on the floor), and dumbbells or any object with a little weight that you can jump over and then pick up and move. If you don't have access to a couch you can use the dumbbells/heavy object for bicep curls instead of the couch lift.
You can also build your own! Just google at-home workouts and make sure to pick one for each major section of your body, and string them together in a way that gets you moving a little bit. It's fun! And we were both about to throw up after doing it, lol.

Last edited by munchievictim; 04-26-2012 at 03:17 PM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #21  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Just saw you live upstairs- burpees are much quieter than squat jumps. Also, I would use those stairs! Stairs are a kick butt workout.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote