Old 02-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default One more try...and hopefully the last!

Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I last posted on here…or even visited the site for that matter…however, I’m back and ready to try this weight loss thing one more time! Quick update of what’s been going on since I was last around...

At the beginning of last year I hit my all time highest weight of around 245lbs and that was it for me, I’d had enough. Things had to change. I realised that I was miserable in my relationship so that was the first thing to go. I’d been with my ex-fiance for about 8 years, we’d been living together for almost as long and it had become more of a relationship of convenience than anything else. We ended it amicably and we’ve managed to remain friends through it, which made it a lot easier. I moved back home with my parents for about 6 months while I straightened everything out and during that time I managed to drop 35lbs just by eating healthier and not snacking. (My parents never had anything nice enough in the house that was tempting enough to snack on anyway!).

Later last year I started seeing someone else and it’s going amazingly well! I’m happier than I ever thought I could be; however, 5lbs have managed to creep their way back on again. I’m sure you know how it is…new boyfriend, go out for dinner, go to the movies and eat snacks, they buy you chocolate etc. and the pounds creep back on.

Anyway, I noticed this happening and remembered all you lovely lot here on 3FC so thought I’d pop back on and see what was going on. I read a few posts and the inspiration to get back on the weight loss wagon hit me. I’ve been talking about it with my boyfriend for a while now but never found the enthusiasm to do anything about it. However, since coming back on here, he and I have decided that we’re going to give it a go together and both lose some weight.

I think I’ve singled out the three things that are making me gain weight so for the whole of March I’m going to cut them out completely and see what happens. I did it when I was at my parents and it was really easy so hopefully I can do it again. The three things I’m going to cut out are:-

1. Cheese (seriously, I love cheese, so much…)
2. Chocolate (I don’t think I’ll have too much trouble giving this up. I like it but only because it’s sweet. I figure sugar-free fruit squash will have the same effect).
3. Snacking after dinner (this is going to be the hardest one for me to beat I think. I always fancy something sweet after dinner (chocolate!!) and then I tend to snack on things while I’m watching TV just because they’re there).

I’m also going to try getting back on my exercise bike a few times a week. I sometimes have to work late hours, which means that by the time I get home I’m too tired to exercise. However, I’m hoping that if I eat healthier and exercise more, I’ll have more energy in the evenings to cycle. My boyfriend and I are also looking into playing tennis a few times a week, though this is still a work in progress and I suck at tennis. So bad.

Anyway, sorry for the ‘quick update’ that probably took up half the day of anyone who bothered to read this far but thanks for listening and I’m looking forward to getting back into the 3FC community
Anti222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #2  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

I'm trying to get back today too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote