Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Default Long time no see

Well I fell off again for awhile there but the last week I have been dieting again. And i'm sorry to say it, I was too scared to come on and admit it.

But i'm admitting it.
I am losing hope in myself.
I want to succeed but it seems close to impossible because I just have no motivation.

How do I find motivation?
Nocturneluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I want to succeed but it seems close to impossible because I just have no motivation.

How do I find motivation?
I was reading a blog of this woman who had lost over 100 pounds and kept it off. She said "Motivation? I never had an ounce of motivation in my body to exercise and eat better. What I did have was determination. I hated every minute of dieting but I was determined to never be fat again"

I never have the "Yes! I'm going to exercise right now!" feeling, and each time I am dragging my feet thinking about all the other things I'd rather be doing. But, I am determined to never let ANOTHER birthday go by thinking "next year I'll be skinny" and then have it pass by being heavier than the previous year causing me to be miserable at my own birthday party.

What you can do is hang a picture of what you looked like at 240 and right beside it hang a picture of what you look like at 204. Maybe somewhere you see them all the time like bathroom or living room. That might help you.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Ticker.

Loved that blog, Candeka.
It speaks truth for so many of us.
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I agree but disagree, sure we need the determination as well as the commitment but at the same time I think we also need the motivation. It's like going into a job you hate...you don't go because you're determined or committed it's because you're motivated to get the pay check in the end.

I do have moments where I'm like "Yes, I'm going to workout this second." Maybe it's just something I enjoy more than others, or maybe it's my motivation kicking in to get skinny and toned. Sure I'm determined as well, maybe the two go hand in hand.

Maybe Noc you need to revamp the whole "diet" situation, I find if I continue to eat the same things over and over again, I get really sick of it. It's like Spinach...I keep buying it but I don't ever eat it as a salad anymore I throw it in my protein drinks and majority goes into the trash because it goes to waste...Try different recieps or something just to add that kick into your life! Or take the time to maintain at your current weight until you feel the need to continue on with this whole journey! Either way you will get there!!!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

i will say that for me, i need to remember how much i WANT this. this is something that I want.

I want to have a nice body more than i want to overeat.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #6  

Yeah, I actually have been reading the book "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl." It's pretty inspiring and thanks to my friend I finally decided to buy it and read it. I got it in the mail yesterday when I was feeling at my lowest, and let me tell you, so far even though i'm only up to the third chapter, it is pretty helpful.

Today I went on a jog and pushed myself as far as I could go. I'm going to keep doing that every day and hope that some improvements start again.

I do want to be thin for once in my life.
I'm done being stuck in this shell. :/
Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

it truly is awful hard to start "back " into it... but if you can push yourself to eat right for a couple of days and drink water, you will have more energy and will see the "bloat" go down... i find this always helps to spur me on if i have gone way off track for a time... the good feelings after a week of eating healthy and seeing some clothes fitting better, will get back that motivation and determination...

BEST OF LUCK
you can do it

Last edited by curlysue82; 02-07-2012 at 06:26 PM.
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

http://www.runsforcookies.com/2012/0...ation-and.html

This blog entry helped me.
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #9  

My boyfriend actually just broke up with me last night. Surprise surprise. No surprise actually. I knew it was coming. Now eating too much wont be a problem.. actually last time this happened I was more focused on losing weight, so in a sense.. I guess its now time to focus on myself.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #10  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturneluna View Post
My boyfriend actually just broke up with me last night. Surprise surprise. No surprise actually. I knew it was coming. Now eating too much wont be a problem.. actually last time this happened I was more focused on losing weight, so in a sense.. I guess its now time to focus on myself.
Thats sort of how my determination came about and then rehit me again, it still does sometimes the "what if" I run into him I want him to see me as this hot piece of ***, not the chubby cute girl he knew. So I say that's great motivation to start! Sorry you got broken up with, boys are stupid.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturneluna View Post
I'm sorry this happened but you're right, you have time to focus on yourself now. You have a great attitude and you will be fine
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #12  

Well it has only been five says and my determination has been nuts now. I have been working out atleast 30 minutes a day and I have had people telling me I look good and what not. Its so cool. I will make sure I make it quickly. I need to achieve my first goal and get under 200 pds.