Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/166.6/150

Height: 5'8''

Default Win: Six and a half miles!

I complained a few days ago about failing at my 5 miler. I achieved 5 miles yesterday in an hour (poor pace, but I'm going for completion) and today ran 6 and a half miles. With the Swan Lake and Nutcracker ballet on your ipod, anything is possible.

I'm really hoping to see results this time. I've tried to lose weight in the past and it just never seems to want to come off, and that's with diet and what I thought was plenty of exercise.

I'm a little worried about starting school back up, however. I take ballet for school credit and at this point am too sore to even do a plié. However I don't want to stop running, as I know that if I stop for a few days, the likelihood of me getting out there again is very little.

I'm assuming that your muscles stop hurting after awhile, right? Joggers?

Last edited by runtothemoon; 01-13-2012 at 07:18 PM.
runtothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #2  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

Height: 5'3"

Congrats! Stretching out and exercise sore muscles is the best thing for them. I will hurt when you first start but one the girls that works at my gym told me that lactic acid is built up in your muscles and that exercising them(thus getting the blood flowing and oxygen flowing to those muscles) will help the soreness to go away. It actually hurts you to not work them, try stretching out your leg muscles and then doing a set of plie's and then another set, you should feel a difference and it should be easier on the second set. I have that when I go from not working out to working out, and if I work through the pain I end up not having it the next day. Hope this helps!
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats!

I love the music from Nutcracker. It's all tied up into warm memories of my childhood, and always makes me smile/cry.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

YAY!!!! Congrats to you!!! (And what cool music to run to...)
I wouldn't call myself a "jogger" (more of a hobbiest) but yes, I've found that my muscles do get less sore over time. 6.5 miles is super! (did you make that in an hour?)

Way to go and keep it up!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Congrats! I finished couch to 5k fairly recently, and I'm hoping to get up to your distance sooner rather than later. My muscles still get sore after a long or particularly fast run, but it's usually a good kind of ache. Reminds me that I actually did something.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote