Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200+/IDK/120

Height: 5'3"

Default new and need friends/support!

Hey everyone! I'm 25 and new here!

I've decided to join because I feel like I'm at a plateau with my weight loss and I'm not sure where to go from here. I've struggled with my weight my entire life.

I want to be bikini ready by May!

Right now, I eat between 1,000-1,200 calories a day and use my elliptical for 20 minutes a day. I just feel like I see no improvement.

I don't weigh myself. I track progress through pictures and clothes.

Any tips, advice? Support buddies are welcome, would love to have a support buddy!
kristenmarieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181/164

Height: 5' 8.5"

So how much weight do you think you've lost judging by clothes? Maybe you need to up your calories for a little while, or try calorie cycling?

I would also recommend interval training on the elliptical, when I do it I almost always see a lb drop on the scale the next day! I do a 3 minute warm up and cool down with 1 minute intervals in between, changing hard and fast with slow and easy every minute - I only do about 10-15 minutes of this but it is a killer!! Maybe your body has got bored with the same elliptical routine every day.

I know how you are feeling, I have struggled with my weight since I was 13 and it feels like a struggle every single day! I also have a May deadline for a trip to Florida and I am DESPERATE!!

Last edited by LondonGirl88; 01-04-2012 at 09:29 AM.
LondonGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #3  
on my way to HEALTHY (:

S/C/G: 190/173.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome
You should increase your caloric intake to no less 1200 everyday because your body is probably holding on to fat for energy.
When you hit a plateau it is time to increase your intensity when it comes to exercising. Do it at a higher incline for a longer amount of time in order to burn more calories. Or you can try high intensity interval training. Or maybe change up your workout because your body is getting used to it
hope this helps
SmooVeshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenmarieg View Post
Hey everyone! I'm 25 and new here!

I've decided to join because I feel like I'm at a plateau with my weight loss and I'm not sure where to go from here. I've struggled with my weight my entire life.

I want to be bikini ready by May!

Right now, I eat between 1,000-1,200 calories a day and use my elliptical for 20 minutes a day. I just feel like I see no improvement.

I don't weigh myself. I track progress through pictures and clothes.

Any tips, advice? Support buddies are welcome, would love to have a support buddy!
Hey there! I'm new to here as well and last year I was doing the 1200 calorie diet. I lost up to 50 pounds from Jan-June but it didn't last long and I gained back 20 because I gave up over the summer. Sadly, only doing elliptical won't work completely. You may not be losing weight but you are probably gaining muscle in your legs which weighs more in the long run.
In college I took a weight training class and that was probably the best idea I ever made. It was very educational and I was really shedding pounds during it. You have to focus on all areas of your body if you want to see improvement from clothes and pictures. That means doing core workouts, weight lifting with small weights or bar bells, etc. You can't just do cardio. . . sadly. I only saw improvements more when I was working on every area of my body last year so perhaps you should start focusing on your core and upper body as well. It's rough and plateaus happen. I was on a plateau for two months but the main thing is not to give up; remember you are worth it. Keep it up and you should be fine.
Nocturneluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #5  

Thank you all so much for the support and suggestions!!

I'll make sure to do at least 1,200 calories a day. I have no problem eating healthily. Fast food, eating out, and junk food is definitely never an issue for me, I actually hate the way I feel after that so I completely avoid that.

I'm not sure how much weight I lost to be quite honest. I posted two pictures in my introduction thread, but I can't tell for the life of me.

I will also definitely start weight training!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #6  

Honestly I had fast food recently and felt so gross after eating it. . . I'd rather go out somewhere to eat then ever get that again.
But even going out is a challenge. . . it's so tough on those who are dieting.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #7  

I agree! It's quite depressing, to be honest, especially going with people who eat whatever they want!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #8  

Yeppp. I hate that too. Most of my friends have fast metabolisms or don't care about being healthy, sooo I have massive trouble. But hopefully friends will understand if you just stay out of a dinner date or something because of it. I hope my friends do
Old 01-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #9  

I know exactly what you mean. All the woman in my family are thin, including my sister who's a stick! I get so jealous of my bf when he eats unhealthly or whatever he wants!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/213/165

Height: 5'11''

Hey girls,
Im pretty much on my own here, too... My husband is one of those sticks who eats junk all day long and doesnt gain a lbs, and my friends are either thin and dont watch out what they eat, or they arent but dont really pay attention either. Luckily I have my mom whos doing WW with me, so whenever we go out together it works quite well cause shes at least not eating all the stuff Id want to eat.... lol
lvlisanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #11  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Welcome to 3FC!

I was in a similar position to you, so I understand how you feel. I was overweight pretty much my entire life! It's tough, I know! Especially when you have people around you who seem to be thin without much effort! Agh!

There is plenty of support here, so welcome and I wish you all the luck in your efforts!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #12  
Junior Big Girl.

S/C/G: 228.4/210.2/135

Height: 5'2

I would definitely recommend calorie cycling and weight training. Building muscle burns more fat! Calories are important but also keeping track of macros like protein, fat, and carbs are important as well.
fortheloveoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #13  

Yeah my boyfriend is 130 pounds and eats junk all the time. The other day he suggested we go get fast food. I gave him the biggest death glare of his life and he was so confused. I had to explain to him that when he is with me he is going to have to eat differently. We decided on going to the deli where I actually got a lettuce wrap. It was delicious and filling too!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #14  
cls1989

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'6

I'm new too and it is so nice to hear that others are in the same boat. My sister has always been 95lbs, she eats candy all day actively tries to gain weight, and I sit next to her wondering if we actually are biologically related, seeing as how I think of junk food and my butt expands!
My two best friends and I were supposed to start eating healthy and going to the gym together for our joint NY resolution but neither of them made it past day 4. They are now trying to convince me to join them so we can be overweight quitters together.
I'm trying to stay strong and stick with it (this is my first real attempt at weight loss). So I would love to make some new friends on here and find some support and help to support others

Last edited by cls1989; 01-06-2012 at 10:56 PM.
cls1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

i agree try switching up ur calorie intake... and if all ur doing is the eliptical then try switching to another exercise? sometimes ur body gets used to the same thing and needs a kick...
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote