Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm so impatient when it comes to losing weight!

Like, ridiculously impatient. I want results and I want them NOW. I know that that is just not realistic at all. But this is my biggest challenge and is usually the reason that I end up giving up. I feel like I NEED to see results in order to continue, and I'm sure others feel this way as well. I began my official weight loss challenge yesterday. Ate well, did 1.5 miles on the treadmill and the 30 day shred workout. I woke up this morning, weighed myself, and gained a pound! I just wish that I could fast forward 5 months and see the results Anyone else feel this way too?
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #2  
on my way to HEALTHY (:

S/C/G: 190/173.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I feel the same way sometimes but I just think about how if I lose it slowly then it will more likely stay off. Think of it as a marathon & not a relay race because with the way you're going you may end up another "new years resolution statistic"

Tip: Dont weigh in too often because it just makes you anxious and may be disappointing to weigh in everyday. i'd say weigh in like once a week.

Dont be discouraged with your weight loss!! We're all in this together
SmooVeshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

It sucks! I'm impatient when it comes to most things, weight loss is no exception :lol I agree with Smoo, try not to weigh yourself for a few days...the results will come, just stick to it and don't let yourself get disappointed.

Are you drinking lots of water?
teamcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #4  

I typically have about 4 cans of diet soda a day. Today, I haven't had any and I am trying to cut it out completely. I have been drinking Crystal Light water. That is the only way that I will drink water. But, I've had about 5 glasses of water today.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #5  

Thanks for pointing that out, Kara. Yesterday was the first time that I've exercised it probably, 5 months. Crazy, but true. So I'm hoping that what you said is what's going on.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/161/140

Height: 5'1

I know what you mean. I wish there was a magic pill, but there's not Just keep putting forth the effort and I'm sure you will see results!
757MISTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

If you're set on weighing daily then I recommend tracking your progress in excel (or any spreadsheet program) and creating a chart. When you feel like you haven't been making any progress you can refer to that chart and see that you probably have.

My chart is in my goal post (and I've created another for maintenance) but it really shows that while I was up and down certain days that overall I was in a downward trend. When I felt like I hadn't been making progress it was very encouraging to see that yes, I had made a lot of progress!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #8  

I'm very interested in creating a spreadsheet, but I couldn't figure out how to make one.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Do you have excel? It's quite easy if you do and I'd be happy to explain
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that when you start a new exercise program or you ramp up one you've already started (more weight, more reps, more distance, whatever) your muscles hold on to water. In it's extreme version it's the "pump" that weight lifters get ... that forcing of blood and fluids into the muscle. But even on a small scale it WILL make your weight shift.

When I start a new program or add weights to mine, it usually takes a couple of days for the scale to go down again.
This is very interesting. I did a pretty big workout yesterday, and the scale jumped. So, this makes me feel a little better!
SWhite0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I would also add that congrats on trying to drop the sodas...but if you are currently drinking 4 and drop to none, you WILL experience withdrawal symptoms: headache, sluggish feeling, tired, nervous, etc.

Try to gradually decrease them for the best results. I have basically cut caffeine out of my life, but I did it over 4 months, slowly decreasing, so I wouldn't get bad withdrawal symptoms. Caffeine is a drug, and like any drug, the safest way to get it out of your symptom is gradually so your body doesn't freak out.

But that's my two cents.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

And another tip for the "I want it NOW" syndrome that I'm finding useful this time around. I too want it now, and get discouraged when I don't see huge results immediately.

I have a piece of paper in my kitchen. Each day, I write one "success" I had in terms of my diet and exercise. For instance:

1/1- perfectly on plan day
1/2- tried two new veggies
1/3- did an extra hour workout
1/4 drank 90+ ounces of water

This helps me see my successes in terms of things other than the scale and my measurements. Every small success will add up big if I give it time. Grains of salt are tiny, but lots of them together sure do pack a punch!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #13  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

What about looking for results in other places besides the scale? As in measurements, exercise goals, etc? If I just pain attention to the scale I get a bit crazy too because I don't lose quickly (and I'm a daily weigher too) BUT if I take measurements I'll see inches drop before I see something on the scale at times. If I look at fitness goals I realized that I can swim faster or lift more than I could the previous week. Those things really help to keep me motivated.

Some people buy a nice outfit in a size down (if you don't want to spend tons of $$ you could always pick up a used one to try on) and try that on now and then to see for comparison.

Or you could keep try of days on plan or if you want to cut back on coke keep track of days without coke or something like that.

I've found the more things I have to focus on the less crazy I get.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote