Old 08-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default This Time Last Year...

EDIT: (December 2011) I figured I would bump this thread since I think it's a great time of year to reflect on achievements!

I was on holiday in America with my boyfriend and had recently got back from a trip to Vegas where I had gorged on massive portions. I was eating unhealthy food all the time, drinking soda and not exercising. My self esteem was rock bottom, I hated my body, I had mood swings like a teenager and my weight was between 195-200 lbs.

TODAY!! I'm 175 lbs, I'm exercising 6 days a week, I'm happy with who I am - I might not be perfect now but I know I'm getting there - I kicked the bad eating habits, I drink water religiously and don't even think about getting soda whenever I can. I'm here, posting to all you amazing people and keeping myself focused. I've run a 10k race and I'm training for a half marathon.

YOUR TURN!

Do yourself a favour - take a look back and think about how far you've come. Even if you've gained weight, you're here trying to fix that, the strength is there within you!

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-27-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

This time last year ... I've been on a vacation from exercising and healthy food for almost 8 months. I've gained 30 pounds, meaning I've had 185 lbs. I've practically reached my goal and stopped doing the right thing!!! My self confidence was so low, I felt like a loser because I started falling back to what I've escaped from.

Today ... I've found myself back on track finding the right balance. I've realised that I'd been pushing myself far too much to reach that magic 150 pounds I've been relishing for so long. Instead of either working out 2 hours 6/W and weighing myself 3 times a day (what I did in my "best" times) or lazying all day with a huge bar of chocolate in my hand, I'm now trying to find and do what I enjoy. I LOVE cooking, so I'm discovering all the possibilities there are to find healthy recipes. Also, I've realised that I like exercise, I just don't like pusing myself too hard - I jog 4/W in the early morning. It gives me a great sense on self-confidence and a really intense feel-good vibe I'm 165 pounds now and I think I look good in my bikinis
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

This time last year I was at an all time high of 220 lbs, going out twice a week with my boyfriend and eating massive amounts of food. We're talking asking for double fried rice when we went out to Hibachi. No exercise and having to venture into exclusively-plus size stores because I was busting out of my size 16s.

Today I'm 35 lbs lighter, and am solidly into a size 12 with a 2-pack of abs. I bought my first bikini of my life this summer and just finished running 8 minutes straight last night. I'm training for a 5k and the girl who could never run a mile now looks forward to running as part of an exercise program 6 days a week.

This is a great idea.
InsidetheBeltway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

This time last year I had taken a break from caring about my weight (which of course means taking a break from eating anything healthy- pot stickers for breakfast anyone?- and exercising) and had gained back 10 of the lbs I had worked so hard to lose. Of course on August 18th 2010 I didn't actually care about this as I was too busy running around the flourescent Shanghai, enjoying my last week of a summer spent teaching in China. Once I came home, I did care about the weight gain, but had an awful time trying to do anything about it.

In February, after finishing a temporary job that I hated I finally worked my way back into a healthy lifestyle. I've lost the 10 China pounds, plus about 15 more! I've never been healthier, fitter or lighter in my life and am looking forward to some new adventures/challenges in the next year!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Everyone has come so far! This is awesome! What a difference a year makes.

Let's see, a year ago I was in the midst of a regain and dealing with raging PCOS symptoms. A few months later I had surgery and started eating better and quickly lost 25 pounds, getting below my wedding weight. Then I got pregnant! Now I'm gaining again, but slowly and appropriately and for all the right reasons
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #6  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

This time last year .... I had just had my child, he was 4 months old. I felt terrible in my body and was all around depressed. I couldn't find anything to be happy about and I weighed in at my all time highest of 155. I couldn't seem to get it together.

Today... I workout 5 to 6 days a week and enjoy going to the gym for my hour of alone time. I enjoy cooking and finding healthy recipes for the whole family to eat. I have found some self-confidence but I am still working on it. The weight loss I have accomplished, makes me happier, I feel stronger, and my overall outlook of life is more positive. It makes me a better mother and a better role model for my son.

Last edited by mamamorgan; 08-18-2011 at 11:59 AM.
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #7  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

this time last year i was starting school as the fat unhealthy girl this year i have 28lbs. less and working on more. i also didnt care what i ate just cared how good it tasted and thats how it was justified if the skinnies can enjoy there food why cant i?
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Great thread idea!

This time last year I was getting adjusted at my new job, eating unhealthy fast food lunches with co-workers daily, working out sporadically, hitting up IHOP for french toast breakfasts at 12 a.m. with my boyfriend, and on my way back to my all time highest weight of 165lbs.

Today I'm fluctuating between 135-140lbs with about 10 more to go. I'm enjoying the lighter, fitter me and determined to reach and maintain all fitness goals. After attempting and succeeding to lose weight several times only to gain it back Ive finally discovered balance and self acceptance. Everyday will not be easy, there will be days/ weeks when diet and exercise are far from perfect, and I do want to throw in the towel weekly. But as long as I never, ever give up I know I will always be better, fitter, and healthier than I was " this time last year.."

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 08-18-2011 at 12:32 PM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #9  

Last year I was 44 pounds heavier than this year.
This year I am 44 pounds lighter!

YAY!

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #10  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

These are amazing! So much progress!! Keep it up guys, I want everyone to see this thread and contribute =D
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:15 AM   #11  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Last time this year..

I was in a relationship with a guy with low-selfesteem and he broke me down in order for himself to feel better. He called me fat. It ended. THANK GOODNESS! I'm single and happy for now.

I was over 190 pounds and have since lost almost over 30 pounds. I'm a reborn again and again and again christian, got my spunk back, my confidence, my self esteem and most of all , all of my friends.

Though life may not always go as I plan, I know that it all will eventually work out for the best.
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #12  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

This time last year: I was eating out for all my lunches going out to dinner atleast 4 times a week and didnt care about the gym. my "friends" didnt care to help

Now:
I am the happiest i have ever been! I became bestfriends with an oldfriend and my group is amazing. Im getting back on track with eating and the gym and im almost 30lbs down and i have a good feeling this time about staying on track
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

So I'm going to be negative (instead of positive, as everyone else has been). And I'm okay with that. Maybe it'll be the kick in the butt that I need.

This time last year I was almost two months into my "newest" weight loss journey. I dropped about 15 lbs (still didn't get the hang of working out, but was eating healthy). I was in a wonderful relationship with an amazing guy and was probably the happiest I have ever been. I was about to start my final semester of undergrad.

Now I have gained back at least 10 of those lbs. My relationship ended, but we are trying out the "friends" thing, and it seems to be dragging me down. I haven't been strong enough to end it, though. I'm lonely and I don't have a single friend in my city (and my family lives an hour away). I'm depressed more often than not. And I can't seem to pick myself back up. I'm preparing to start grad school in a couple of weeks. And really the only thing I am proud of accomplishing this past year has been heading toward a vegetarian lifestyle. I started in May, broke down in June, and have not eaten a single dead animal since the beginning of July. My ultimate goal is to be vegan. I pretty much only eat non-vegan when I eat out (but it is still vegetarian).

I think I wanted to write this down for myself. I've been lurking this whole past year on this website, but I haven't been able to jump back on. *sigh* I'll get there.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #14  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Great topic, Riestrella!

It looks like you chicks are all hanging tough and making progress!

Last year I was just starting grad school, had been trying to lose weight for a few months with very limited success, and was generally feeling pretty miserable. Over the next few months I ended up postponing starting work in one of the programs I was enrolled in (I later dropped out of that program). I was also diagnosed with ADHD, and was prescribed medication and introduced to CBT and a variety of ADHD resources (life changing in a great way!). I'd been fluctuating between the upper 240s and the 260s for most of the year, but poor eating habits and a lack of movement meant that by December my weight had rocketed up to 278 - my highest ever. That was alarming, and - mainly as a result of the diagnosis and treatment - I felt like I was finally in a place where I could lose a substantial amount of weight and keep it off without dropping everything else in my life. So, I started trying to eat better and joined 3FC.

Now I'm starting the second year of the graduate program I'm still in, have lost 30 lbs. and am aiming to lose more, have been walking for months (doc's orders), recently started lifting weights again, and am continuing to manage my brain with the help of my doctor. Between the healthier habits, the weight loss, and the medical treatment, I'm feeling the best I have in years - probably since I was a small child.

Last edited by theox; 08-19-2011 at 10:33 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 157/154/140

Height: 5'7"

This time last year, I was actually in decent shape. I was on my third week of Insanity and doing a clean-eating diet. I was blogging every day about my adventures with clean eating and preparing for school to start in a few weeks.

This year, I'm doing my best to lose the 15 pounds that I gained over the school year. I'm doing TurboFire and loving it (more than Insanity, for sure). I'm eating almost the exact opposite diet and counting calories. I'm relaxing and giving myself a good break before school begins in a few weeks - my last year, finally.

Last edited by mindymoo12; 08-19-2011 at 10:37 PM.
mindymoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote