3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~*January Chat*~~ It's 2012! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/249371-%7E%7E%2Ajanuary-chat%2A%7E%7E-its-2012-a.html)

Riestrella 12-31-2011 05:34 AM

~~*January Chat*~~ It's 2012!

Hey everyone! Figured I'd open up the January chat and weigh in threads early since that's what I do =p.

Hope you all have a great new year and I look forward to hearing all your New Years Evening stories tomorrow!

Riestrella 01-01-2012 07:02 AM

Hey everyone! How did you spend your New Years Eve? I stayed in with a really good friend, we watched films, played video games, ate a LOT and had some really good laughs. We both don't make a big deal out of New Years so it was nice to do something chilled out with someone who feels the same way I do!

My period is around the corner so I'm getting moody, ballooning up a bit and I don't like it one bit! I'm going to spend today aptly sorting my life out a bit, I've already gone through my wardrobe and I'm getting rid of a mound of clothes. It was difficult, because some clothes I used to love, but I just don't wear any more so it was pointless to keep. I don't want to end up being a hoarder like my Mum! My wardrobe now looks nice and roomy, ready for new clothes methinks!

I hope this year I reach my goal with of 130 lbs! That would be amazing!

HeatherMcG 01-01-2012 10:00 AM

Happy New Year!! I am so ready to tackle this year! I am very proud because I survived my first temptation this morning. I woke up and could see and smell a big, beautiful piece of cake leftover from last night. I thought, I'll just eat it up and then it will be gone and THEN I'll start my lifestyle change. But, JIllian came into my head and said, 'If you eat at temptation, I WILL kill you.' And so, I went on to eat a healthier breakfast of eggs.

Yes, I pretend like my life is one big BL episode. Lol

WannaBaSkinnybride 01-01-2012 01:44 PM

Heather:Congrats on resisting temptation. It's baby steps!

My cousin and her husband where having some friends over so my BF and I went there for NYE. Nothing to wild seeing as they have twin 16month olds who where sleeping in the next room.lol. Just cranium and poker with a couple beers and champagne at 12. What killed me this morning on the scale were the snacks! Donuts, Hummus,carrot cake and chips! I'm up 4lbs from yesterday but here's to hoping it leaves just as fast!

sgregg 01-01-2012 10:50 PM

We shot a few fireworks and went to bed early. It was nice to be able to just go out back and shoot them though. Baby Girl didn't like them. She would cry every time one went off. So, halfway thru I ended up taking her back inside.

I'm ready to get this new year started!

I'm kinda bummed, however. I was talking to my babysitter the other day about me maybe working out at the gym right after I get done at the elem. school before I come pick up the kids. She said that it wouldn't be a good time for her because she has to get supper done by 5pm and it's hard with Baby Girl there. :( I was going to start going back this week or next, but I don't even want to now because I know I won't be able to keep up with it when I start my student teaching. With that being said, I'm really going to focus on my eating and just try to get it back in order.

Rie - AF is visiting me now...ugh! I feel like poo.

Heather
- yay! for resisting your first temptation of the year!!

Wanna - Maybe if you just chug some water, that weight will come on down. That's what I do and it seems to help after a day/evening of snacking.

sontaikle 01-01-2012 11:28 PM

Happy New Year everyone! :carrot:

I had the most wonderful New Year's. I got to spent time with my fiancee and an old friend of his and his family. I think the best part was just waking up next to him in the morning since we're usually not afforded that luxury (we both still live in our parents' homes). It was a nice way to start off the new year :)

A bit of a NSV actually. We went to his friend's house and his friend's family was very excited to see me because they heard about us getting engaged and hadn't seen me since earlier this year. They didn't recognize me and almost yelled at my fiancee because they thought he brought over another girl!! Haha I thought that was hilarious! :joker:

Riestrella - great job on getting rid of the clothes! I know how difficult it can be and I've struggled getting rid of some myself. I love giving them away though and I've given clothes to friends who needed them :) It's nice to see your clothes going to a new home!

HeatherMcG - yay for resisting temptation! :)

WannaBaSkinnybride - Don't fret! It's likely water weight/bloat!

sgregg - finding time to work out when student teaching is really hard! :( I managed to do it back in grad school but I felt like I was running on overdrive trying to balance the student teaching, my grad classes, the gym and work. Good luck!

Pinkberrry 01-01-2012 11:37 PM

My Fiance and I went to Fogo de Chao last night (basically, all you can eat brazillian meat) and stuffed our faces. Glad we did that in 2011 because thats definately a no-no in 2012. Then we played board games until midnight and had a few glasses of champagne.

Scoot 01-02-2012 12:07 AM

Happy new year, indeed! Can I join in the chat? I've been absent from the boards for a long while but I'm trying to get back on-track. :)

I'm so jealous of everyone who spent NYE playing board games! That's pretty much my ideal evening. I spent my NYE watching a Spartacus: Blood and Sand marathon with my mother, which was also pretty fun. :D

HeatherMcG 01-02-2012 08:26 AM

Sounds like some wonderful NYE plans happened!!! We are starting to get some snow here today. Tomorrow I'm back to work. Boo! Have a great day today!

sgregg 01-02-2012 09:37 AM

Good morning, folks!

I had my first weigh-in of the new year this morning. This time last year I was definitely higher since I was preggo. I didn't really like what I saw, but I can't say much since I've been slacking since October. New year, new week, new day, new start! :) My plan today is to drink at least 48 oz. of water and to stay within my calorie range of 1400-1500 calories.

Hope everyone has a great day!

sgregg 01-02-2012 11:06 AM

I just installed the MyFitnessPal app on my phone. Anyone else using this? I've been using MyPlate on Livestrong.com, but they didn't have a free app and the app they did offer had poor reviews. Anyway, just wanted some opinions from my calorie counter girls that were using it. :)

teamcoco 01-02-2012 11:07 AM

Happy 2012! I hope I can join this post.

I had a pretty lame NYE. My now ex-boyfriend decided to break up with me on Christmas Eve (classy, right?) so I was not feeling up to partying on NYE. I ended up going to a friend's place and we drank wine and watched When Harry Met Sally and actually missed the ball drop :lol: Didn't realize it until about 12:08 when a slew of text messages came in.

Riestrella - I plan on doing the same today or tomorrow. My closet/wardrobe are packed to the limit and a lot of it doesn't fit me right now. It must have felt great to make some room for some new stuff! Here's to reaching that 130 goal in 2012 :cheer:

HeatherMcG - Yay for saying no to the cake! I would have had to pour something on it and thrown it out to say no!

sgregg - Poor baby :( How old is she? Is working out from home in the morning an option?

sontaikle - That's a great way to wake up. When did you get engaged? Do you have a wedding date set yet?

Pinkberrry - Mmmm I LOVE Brazilian food.

Scoot - I too wish my evening involved something other than Mary Poppins and wine :lol: Maybe next year?

WannaBaSkinnybride - Crazy how fast snacking shows up on the scale...I agree with sgregg, drinks lots of fluid today and get back on track! It'll fall right off.

HeatherMcG 01-02-2012 11:13 AM

Sgreg- I am! I really like it. And, the scanner is really nice.

Coco- lol, It may still come to that. I wish my hubby would just eat the rest of it so it can be gone!

sgregg 01-02-2012 11:14 AM

teamcoco - :welcome2: I suppose I could work out from home, but I hate those dang dvds! LOL! Also, I would have to wake up about 4:30am, and I just don't know if I'm ready to do that yet. :dizzy:
Sorry about your break-up...that stinks. :( Oh, and Baby Girl is almost 9 months. She's a handful right now, but not as much as she could be since she's not crawling yet. I'm not looking forward to that day. Haha!

sgregg 01-02-2012 11:15 AM

Heather - I didn't know it had the scanner option!! That's awesome. I'm going to have to figure that out!

teamcoco 01-02-2012 11:23 AM

Shauna - Have you ever tried the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred? It's the best workout DVD (and I also hate most DVDs). Plus it's only a 20-minute workout. Take advantage of the quiet time before the baby starts crawling! lol

crazygurl61 01-02-2012 11:28 AM

Happy New Year! My project since I am off work until the 17th is listing things on eBay as I've done a lot of cleaning and organizing. I also got an iPhone yesterday which is exciting. So far I've listed 25 items. It's TOM now so my weight stinks. I will give myself until Wednesday then begin the recording daily weigh ins again.

sontaikle 01-02-2012 02:17 PM

I've got some sweet potato chips in the oven. My mother had a bag of sweet potatoes she was afraid would go bad soon, and we can't possibly eat all of them for dinner, so I decided to take the plunge and see if I can make some chips. I found a nice recipe that just called for olive oil and salt; hopefully they are yummy!

I'm getting an iPhone tomorrow. Anyone have an good app recommendations?

teamcoco - that sucks! your ex bf sounds like a jerk! :(

I got engaged in July and we don't have a date set yet. We're trying to save money first.

crazygurl61 - I admire you for getting that done! I need to really go through a lot of things and sell stuff on ebay. I have designer clothes I know I could sell.

Edit: They're done! They actually taste pretty good. Next time I think I have to slice them thinner :)

http://i43.tinypic.com/11axq9l.jpg

sgregg 01-02-2012 03:00 PM

Son - those look good! I've made sweet potato fries, but never chips. I will have to look into doing that. I love sweet potatoes. We actually had some last night with our dinner. :)

Coco
- Yes, I have the dvd, and I've done it a few times. I must say that I wasn't able to move the next day and found it hard to sit down for a week. Haha!! I keep saying that I'll start it back up. I have a friend who lost 20lbs while calorie counting and working out to 30DS.

teamcoco 01-02-2012 06:26 PM

He was kind of a jerk about how he did it, and to do it on xmas eve of all days! It totally put a damper on the holidays.

App recommendations:
Zite, temple run, TED, Flipboard, Nike Training, My Fitness Pal, Instagram, food gawker, Scatterbrain.

Shauna - I was very pleasantly surprised at how difficult it was! It was great.

sgregg 01-02-2012 07:54 PM

Well, it's almost 7pm and I only went over my calories by 90. I think that's pretty good provided that I haven't been keeping up with it for a while. I also reached my water goal, so yay! :)

sgregg 01-03-2012 09:19 AM

Good morning, ladies!

So, I ended up eating more last night, but I'm not sweating it. Baby steps. And my weight was down a little anyway because I drank so much water yesterday. I am dehydrated this morning because of it. I have the same goals today as yesterday. Track all my food, drink at least 6 cups of water, and stay within calorie range. I didn't stay within range yesterday so I'm really going to work on that today. It should be easier since DH is back at work today. He's always eating something which makes it hard for me.

teamcoco 01-03-2012 09:42 AM

Good luck today Shauna!

I had an awesome eating day yesterday, just sad that today is my last vacation day before going back to work tomorrow! I have my breakfast and lunch ready to bring to the office, I just hope the 3pm munchies don't ruin my plans.

I'm going to make it to the gym today for spinning...my goal for Jan is to make it there at least 3 days a week!

Have a great day today everyone.

sontaikle 01-03-2012 03:14 PM

I am really annoyed I can't get my iPhone :( I called about 30 places and nobody has it! Really? It came out in September!

Ugh. That was supposed to be my reward for hitting goal since I haven't rewarded myself at all during the weight loss process.

teamcoco 01-03-2012 05:59 PM

So, I'm walking through the parking lot by my apartment to go to the gym and the thing is an ice rink. I, the clumsiest person in the univers, fell and totally popped a vessel in my knee cap. I can't bend it, it's very swollen and I've had ice on it for the last few hours.

So much for my super awesome exercise plan!

I'm going to go see my physio therapist tomorrow and see what can be done. It's not looking good :(

namaste984 01-03-2012 06:09 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I have had to deal with more family crap and I'm trying to cut out soda (one of my resolutions, actually) and I've got a headache and I feel pretty evil. Thankfully, dbf is coming home soon and that will make the day a little better.

I am trying hard to stay on track, I'm doing better, drinking more water and such and trying to exercise when I can. I really think I can do better than this though. Even after all the fighting I have done recently just to get out of my house and stay afloat after all of the drama, I still think there is some fight left in me. I can do this and I'm going to. I just never knew it would be this hard.

I hope to be checking in more often as I have time. :) Thanks for all your support through my difficulties.

sgregg 01-03-2012 10:31 PM

Namaste - Good to see you are still around! I hope things settle down soon. It's so hard getting over those caffeine headaches. Hang in there!

Coco
- Oh no! I am very clumsy too so I definitely feel your pain! I hope you get an okay report. Here's to a speedy recovery!! Just focus on staying OP with your eating and water and surely you will be up and going in no time.

Son
- Are you talking about the iphone 4? I can't believe you can't find it anywhere. That's nuts! Hopefully you can get it soon.

Man, it's been a long day. I stayed on plan with my eating. Yay! I didn't get all my water in though. I will get them both together in the same day eventually. Ha! So, one of my monthly goals is to get in the bed by 10pm. It's almost 9:30 now and I'm tired but I've got much to do. I usually feel so tired all day and then after everyone goes to bed I get a splurge of energy and end up staying up until 11 or 12. Now, that I will start having to get up early again to take DS to school, I have a feeling I won't be able to make it that long. DD has gotten used to sleeping in too. She isn't going to like me waking her up before 6:30. Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'm going to go. Goodnight!

Riestrella 01-04-2012 06:01 AM

Hey everyone!

Things have been good so far, been doing Insanity for the last few days and plan on doing it again today before work. It will be tough, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

I hate working on Wednesday's, it's the busiest night of the week at the cinema because of a stupid 2 for 1 offer ;_;.

My eating has been a bit meh...I've had lots of left over chocolate and sweets I've been sneakily nomming on. Bad me! I might put my chocolate in the fridge so that the parents will sneakily nibble on it.

My boyfriend just got a new puppy, a malamute they've named Nala. She's such a cute little fluffy girl! I can't wait to meet her in person, 37 days to go until I go to America!

namaste984 01-04-2012 03:45 PM

Hey guys,

Well, after about 50 hours caffeine free I decided to break down and have a soda. My headaches were literally like a migraine in both sides of my head, and I was crying in pain, and since I'm not a baby when it comes to pain, sort of a big deal for me. Anyhoo, decided to continue drinking water with some iced tea every once and awhile to keep the caffeine levels up enough to keep the worst of the headaches away. So yeah, having to do this the sensible way and not quit cold turkey. But I honestly feel a lot better without the tons of soda a day and just a bit of tea. :)

I decided to get out the exercise videos today and do some Zumba, and I went out to a soup and salad bar by my new house with my boyfriend, and we had a good time. I also got my teeth cleaned, lol.

Because of my family troubles and the adjustment to living with my boyfriend, I have decided to see a counselor. My college offers free therapy to people in situations such as mine and I think having a weekly session trying to get through this rather than talking to my boyfriend and mom-in-law all the time will make them feel a little better about the living situation.

Oh, some good news in all of this... my mom-in-law has decided to take out a gym membership with my boyfriend and I and has agreed to pay one-third of the membership. And I'm absolutely amazed by this building. It's like all I loved about the gym across the river where I lived times about 100. It's all brand-new and has great facilities and all kinds of classes. So I am really excited about that.

sgregg- Hi! Yes, I've missed you and the rest of y'all and its great to be back. :)

coco- Ouch! I have always had problems with my knees, so I feel your pain! I actually skidded out on a sidewalk I thought was wet and not icy, and I slid off my feet just like I was part of the Three Stooges. :D It would have been almost funny had I not completely bruised up my hip. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

teamcoco 01-05-2012 12:19 AM

I woke up to a better knee than I thought! Nothing is popped, torn or broken...the swelling was down considerably today, I was quite surprised. Just some bruising and left over swelling to deal with. I can walk more, though bending is still really painful. My poor dog hasn't been walked since Monday!

Shauna - one of my objectives is also to go to bed earlier but I'm doing a poor job so far considering it's almost 12:30 and I have to be up in 6 hours :lol:

Namaste - that's great news! less expensive membership AND the support/motivation of two people.

KawaiiCandie 01-05-2012 12:24 AM

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Remember me?? the crazy one from japan-land? i see a few familiar faces are still around....

well i'm back. again. aaahh. as as you will see from my fresh new ticker, i have gained back ALL the weight i lost last year. all of it. that's quite sad. *sigh*

the reason it's taken me so long to give this losing weight thing one more go is, quite frankly, i really have no desire to do it. i hate it so much. and over the last couple of months, i have been quite happy to eat myself a couple of kilos fatter. eh. the thing though, the reason why i am kicking myself in the butt for one more try, is that over the last month or so, my health has kinda deteriorated and i KNOW it's because of my eating habits... i've been getting really bad sugar headaches, and my skin would break out anytime i ate crappy food. i could feel myself becoming weak, and for the first time ever, the health consequences or being this way really scared me. and yet, i couldn't make myself stop eating anyways. so i decided that with the new year i had no choice...

you guys please give me strenght!!!

i'm also looking forward to catching up with everyone... on my end, things are on the move this year! i've got a new bf (2 months now) that i'm super in love with (finally met one who is not a jerk!!) and i'm moving to Tokyo in only 3 short months! so i'm looking for a new job, new apartment, and all that jazz... it's kinda scary! it'll be my first big move on my own! in a country where i can only understand about 40% of what's going on at any given time! yikes! but anyways... and oh yeah, planning a 2-week trip home to Canada just before my new job starts!! craziness! but i guess life has been pretty good.

minus all my clothes fitting too tight and wrong :/ ... so that's why i'm here!

Riestrella 01-05-2012 05:38 AM

namaste - I suffered a breakdown in Uni in my second year and I saw the counsellor who was there. It helped so much, just talking about my problems to someone helped straight away I found. Sometimes you just need to get out of your own little circle of family and friends to analyse what's going on and what you have to do. Hope you find it useful too.

coco - I'm glad your knee is better! My right knee is giving me trouble, I think it's just hereditary since my Mum had weak knees too.

Kawaii - WELCOME BACK! Great to see you here again! You really do have to have your head in the game when you're trying to lose weight. If you can't find the determination then you're not going to get anywhere! I'm sorry you've been experiencing bad things with your weight, but at the same time I'm not sorry because it means you'll be more driven to do something about it! Being overweight is really bad for your health, I remember how sluggish and weak I used to feel too. I used to nap all the time as well because I just didn't have the energy. But you can do this! And I'm sure your new boyfriend (details plz!) will support you!

KawaiiCandie 01-05-2012 07:59 PM

Rie: hey! yeah... i'm really trying to do it for health reasons this time... hopefully it'll work! i haven't had a headache in 3 days though, so i think that's good! as for the boy, well, pm me if you really want details cuz i don't wanna start a novel on here... lol. i'm in the annoying stage where i don't shut up about him to anyone who wants (or doesn't want...) to hear :p Actually, Japanese guys are usually really annoying about me losing weight, but he doesn't seem to even mind at all. and when i told him i was gonna start dieting, he said "ok, i'll start doing something too to work hard... what should i do? work out? study english more?" lol. how cute is he? :p

namaste984 01-05-2012 08:17 PM

Hey there,

Just got done with my workout at the new gym. I totally killed it, though I don't think I'll be able to move my arms tomorrow from all the exercises I did on my arms. :) I also walked about a mile around the track and hope to add more to the regimen as time goes on. Epic win for me.

I saw a counselor on campus yesterday, and although we got along well I didn't think he was very professional, people kept walking in on our session and he was answering phone calls and such during the session. Not to mention the door was wide open and not equipped with a white noise machine. Needless to say, I was not impressed and will be doing some shopping around.

Things are better in my neck of the woods, I am finally starting to get back to my normal self. I have also been soda-free for four days now, I am drinking mostly water and tea and I have lots of energy to spare. I even lost a pound this week and have been eating mostly sensibly. So mostly a good week for me. How about you guys? :)

KawaiiCandie 01-05-2012 08:30 PM

namaste: great job on the pound and the workout! I'm not quite ready to start working out again myself (f-ing hate it!!) so i'm just focusing on food right now. slowly but surely! sucks about the counselor guy, what did you go see him for??

ilovemo 01-05-2012 09:53 PM

Slightly indulged today which meaaaaans.. tommorow is a lower calorie day. Mmm coconut water.

sgregg 01-06-2012 09:02 AM

Good morning, ladies!

Kawaii - Welcome back!!! I've thought about you and wondered how you were doing. Glad to see you back around! :)

Namaste - Yeah, that counselor did seem pretty unprofessional. I would be shopping around too if I really needed to talk to someone. Congrats on your lb lost!

Coco - How's your knee today? I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it might end up being.

I've had a couple of off days because I had some unplanned lunches with friends and they wanted to eat out. It was places I've never been before. Anyway, I've been keeping up with my water. My eating will be better today. I'm not going anywhere except to the bank later and maybe the grocery store to pick up a few things.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Riestrella 01-06-2012 10:47 AM

Hey ladies!

In terms of weight loss I'm still maintaining 162 lbs (although it's heading closer to 161 lbs again as my period is over in 2 days) and I've been consistent with Insanity this week - woohoo! My back and knees are a bit sore, but not enough to stop me, just need to be careful when I'm doing all the bending.

My personal life is good too, the boyfriend and I have been having some serious talks recently, I think we're both fed up with the distance and just want to see each other already - it causes a lot of unusual tension. We still love each other, probably more than ever now, but there's a point where it's hard to feel like things are real when you only seem to email. We email every day but I'm going to stop doing that because I'm getting a bit tired of what feels like writing a diary. I want to talk to HIM and have a conversation or tell him the important things - it started to feel like I was just telling him things about my day just because I had to say something.

I feel better about the decision, and I don't have too much longer to wait to see him. 35 days to go to be precise! This time next month it'll be TOMORROW that I'm leaving - crazy! I'll be stupidly excited I probably won't be able to sleep.
I started drawing again for the first time in years. I used to draw portraits of people or celebrities until I was about 16 and then I stopped. I finally picked up the pencil today and drew a portrait of Lana Del Rey, it's not quite finished yet but I'm really proud of it. It might not be perfect, but it was really nice to do it and listen to music. It made me feel like I was a teenager again just chilling out! I didn't feel impatient like I did when I tried to draw again a while ago.

Tonight I'm meeting my best friend, I haven't met with her one on one for a while (we're apart of a group you see) so I'm really excited to see her.

Hope you're all well!

Kawaii - I'm glad you're happy with him! Do you speak fluent Japanese or does he speak fluent English?

namaste - Sounds like things are really looking up for you! Well done on all your efforts, they're paying off! Sorry that the counsellor was unprofessional, hope you find a better one!

ilovemo - It's a bad idea to punish yourself like that if you over indulged. Just go back on plan tomorrow and keep it healthy food. Cutting back is not going to help you lose weight!

sgregg - It's good to live a little sometimes, losing weight can be so monotonous it can be nice to go out and eat something different! As long as exercise is still in check then I wonder worry too much.

Quiet Ballerina 01-06-2012 11:13 AM

Hi! Saw the chat so I thought I'd pop in. I used to lurk on the boards a couple of years ago (and post sometimes) and have recently come back. I do so much better with my eating and exercise when I have such an awesome support system as 3FC! :yay:

My NYE was very.very.very tame. I went to visit some friends, but I was home by 9pm and in bed by 10pm. Only because I had to wake up at 4am on the first so I could get to the airport in time for a disgustingly early flight. Add onto that the cold I was fighting...it was not a fun time. I did go out on the 30th though....just had a couple of beers at my favorite bar with a friend.

Now it's mostly just back to work, back to school in the evenings (only 3 days a week thankfully) and trying to figure out the best schedule for me and my workouts. It looks like if I want to work out every day that I need to wake up at 5am so I can get it in before work. Ew. The other option would be after work (and some days even later because of class)....which would mean working out around 9pm. And I definitely don't want to do that!

When do y'all fit in your workouts?

Riestrella That must be so hard to do long distance. I like a guy (going to see him next week!) that's only a 2 hour plane ride away and I'm not sure I could even do that as a long distance relationship. Do you ever skype with your boyfriend? Or does the time difference make it too hard?

Namaste Good for you for giving up soda! Not sure I could do the same. Mom-Fri I at least need a cup of coffee before work. :)

namaste984 01-06-2012 02:40 PM

Hi guys,

Just returned from a pretty intense workout at my old gym. :) I decided to go there until the membership is finalized on the new gym so I don't have to pay $13 each time I go to visit. A free Zumba class is always nice, even if it is far away.

I lost another 0.7 lbs today, bringing me down even further and making me even more excited. :) And today is looking good too, Dad took me out to lunch and I had a grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad, and a glass of water. It was pretty amazing, and not a complete damper on the diet.

Quiet- Welcome back! Yeah, cutting out soda was pretty difficult, especially since in the past I was drinking a lot of it. I tried cold turkey but I was getting horrible migraine headaches and so I decided to replace the soda I was drinking to rid myself of migraines with a glass of iced tea. Only one, so as not to feel worse. The rest of the time I drink water. And that is good for me, 5 days soda free and no migraines. *knock on wood*

Rie- I understand that, I had a very long distance relationship where I was in America and he was in Hungary, and we didn't get to see each other often at all. I'm glad you guys are doing better. :)

Kawaii- Welcome! Its a good start to work on the food first and then the workout, cause then you can ease into it gradually and make sure it sticks. It was the opposite problem for me, I am active and always moving (check out my byline under my name. It's pretty accurate) but I was eating a lot of unhealthy stuff that tended to negate the workout. Luckily, now I have been able to do a little of both and it helps! Oh, from your previous post, I'm seeing a therapist because of family issues, from my parents and sister. I have moved out of that environment and now I think I can finally process it without the negative feedback all the time. :)