Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #1  

Default Heartbreak :( :(

You guys on this forum are just so sweet and I just needed to get this out.

I'm 23.
Been with someone for a few months. It's not a long time, but I fell for him and i fell hard.
He's a genuinely good good person. It's not him at fault. We're falling apart and it's because he doesn't feel as strongly as I do. And i'm just so heartbroken and so devastated because for the first time in literally years I come across someone who I absolutely adore. The thought of it being another several years before meeting another so saddens me.

My head is all over the place. I wanted to binge, even went out for the sole purpose of buying binge food, but came home with a turkey sub, so, at least I got away from it a little.

Just down and very sad.
I'm a sensitive and emotional person. Breakups is not something I can handle well, at all. *
I know i'm a good person, I know i'm attractive, I know I deserve someone who absolutely adores me as well..so why is this so extremely hard for me to let go of.
LAKERSKB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I'm terrible at relationship advice. I mean awful!! I've never taken heartache well at all so I completely feel you there.
It won't necessarily take years to find someone new... I read a thing the other day that said you will find your soulmate when you stop looking and start doing the things that you love to do!! I feel like that is so true!
You realize all of the great things about yourself and that is the best thing you can do!! Don't get too down because someone doesn't quite realize just how amazing you are!!
It's going to be hard but remember we are all here when you need to vent or just talk!

And on a sidenote... Way to go on not giving in to binge food!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I know it's really hard right now and I completely know how you're feeling. I never handled breakups well either.

Right now it hurts. It might hurt for a while, but don't let it get you down. You're completely right—you deserve someone who adores you. Perhaps this relationship—as wonderful as it may have felt—may not be the one you're supposed to be in.

One door closes and another opens. Sometimes one thing has to end so another can begin. You'll learn and grow from this relationship and it will make the next one all the more beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhill0823 View Post
I read a thing the other day that said you will find your soulmate when you stop looking and start doing the things that you love to do!! I feel like that is so true!
This is extremely true. I've always just stumbled upon any of my meaningful relationships...they never happened when I was specifically looking for something.

I met my fiancee on a whim because I decided to go to a campus event even though I didn't really want to. Strange how things work sometimes.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKERSKB24 View Post

I know i'm a good person, I know i'm attractive, I know I deserve someone who absolutely adores me as well...
Read this everyday, post it on your refrigerator, put it someplace where you can see it.
It is true and it will happen.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for the words guys..it's funny how it can really help.

I'm sad, but don't want to turn angry. I'm trying to tell myself that it's NOT his fault if he didn't like me enough.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

You are better without the situation. My best friend dated a guy who was soooo into her...but she wasn't into him. She didn't even like kissing him. He treated her like a princess...and she kept waiting around, staying with him because she thought she could make herself like him.

Almost a year later, he finally broke up with her because he knew that he cared more than she did. She was his "perfect person"...but she didn't feel the same way.

A little over a year later, he is dating the love of his life and will most likely marry her soon.

My friend couldn't be happier for him that he found someone who cares for him back.

You deserve someone who is crazy about you- but only when you feel the same way for them.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

I know EXACTLY how you're feeling!

I broke up with my boyfriend on Thursday. I love him to the core of his being, but our relationship wasn't progressing any further. Although he denies it, I know in my heart that he doesn't feel as strongly for me as I do for him. And I couldn't live a lie anymore.

It hurts so bad right now, but it was the right thing to do.

Down the road, when you do find the right person, you'll be open for him. In the mean time, focus on your personal goals! I'm using this as an occasion to get as serious as I've ever been about my fitness. I'll admit, I've eaten more than I should have during the past couple days, but every day is a fresh start.

You and I are going to be okay, because we're both strong independent women. So hang in there, and feel free to message me any time!
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #8  

Thanks for the messages guys, i really really appreciate it.

Ramra - thank you and I hope you're doing OK. It takes tremendous strength to end something, but it sounds like you know in your heart it's the right thing to do. I admire that so much.

I'm feeling the sadness alot today.
I met him very quickly when i moved to a new city all by myself, so he's all I know here..so i know the loneliness will hit even harder to be completely on my own now.

Better days ahead I hope.