Old 11-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #1  

Default Ever get baited?

Alright, so any of us that have lost significant weight probably plan on keeping it off, and that means sticking to a healthy lifestyle. Has anyone noticed friends or family members baiting you with bad food. I could not get people to lay off about me not wanting pumpkin pie over thanksgiving! It's like they are trying to trick me into the bad food. The same thing happened with doritos (No thanks i'll make my taco salad without chips) with the green bean casserole (i really prefer them plain) etc!!!! Everytime I don't take something offered to me, I get questioned and told how delicious the item is. My roommate is doing it too! She just made cupcakes and has asked me about 9 times if I am sure I don't want one.... grrrrrrrr anyone deal with this? Or have any good tips to brush it off?
Kissbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

It happens to all of us.

I just do all I can to not draw attention to myself. Have a small bite of everything, be polite then adjust my eating for the rest of the day. I think it's easier than refusing a bunch of food and making a big fuss. Some people I know are cool and I'll tell them no thank you, but everyone else I just do the best I can.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

It happens! Sad, yes, but some sabotage us knowing we want healthier lifestyles. That doesn't mean you have to give in. If you want it to stop tell them politely or just take what is offered. Who says you have to eat every bite of it?

Last edited by Ryler832; 11-28-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #4  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

My mom got very mad at me cause I passed on the Pumpkin Pie and stuffing. She knows I've been doing this for almost 3 months now! She makes comments now almost daily to me about how I haven't eaten "anything good" in a long time and is constantly trying to get me to eat fast food. She's been trying to diet for years at 115lbs wanting to be 95lbs again. I seriously think she's jealous I'm getting results :/
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

On Thanksgiving I made sure I didn't overindulge at dinner so I could enjoy Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie. I made sure to cut the slices myself. I did this by telling my mother I wasn't sure what I wanted and making sure everyone else was served then when she served herself and sat down to eat, I swooped in and cut the slices I wanted.

I've gotten nasty with a few people who keep trying to offer me food. If they keep asking me if I want something for example, I ask them if they have trouble understanding the word no. That usually gets them to back off.

Luckily I don't have that many food pushers in my life.

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-28-2011 at 08:39 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #6  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I hate when people try to feed me, when I have decline. I give firm no's now. I don't care if their feelings are hurt. If I do not want something, they don't need to try to force feed me.

Also, you can say that the doctor has you on special diet or something like that.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #7  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

My mom is bad for this to. On sunday I went for dinner and she says "oh by the way, there is a tuxedo cake (my favorite) in the fridge that needs to be eaten or I'm going to throw it out"
I hate when food goes to waste but I left it there. She goes this almost every time I go over, I am getting much better at saying no though!
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote