Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Default I feel.. fatter?

I've been semi-steadily losing weight even despite some not great eating habits lately (I've been going out drinking a lot with friends since I'm getting ready to move cross-country). And yet.. I feel fatter? I can't figure it out. I hit 185 this morning, my lowest weight, and yet I think I look worse than I did 10 pounds ago.

I suspect it's mostly in my head because I've been kind of depressed lately about the move and leaving all my friends, but I still hate feeling fat after all the weight I've lost. Ug.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I think the feeling comes with being more critical of our bodies. I have those days sometimes where I feel just....blargh.

Take pictures if you can and compare. It's really eye-opening. You've lost 42 pounds! You should see a difference!

Sometimes I also look at the progress I've made and ask myself "If your 200 pound self ran into your 140 pound self and your 140 pound self said she was fat, your 200 pound self would laugh in her face."
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 AM   #3  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Yea, its kind of a mind freak, isn't it? I think we all have those thoughts/feelings now and again. Don't let it throw you tho. Stick with what has worked. Pull out a piece of clothing from your starting weight, put it on, and see/feel the difference. I think we also get complacent. The journey is hard...and we subconsciously start looking for reasons to stop...one being...I'm still fat and getting nowhere when in reality we've come so far.

I have played with these same pounds for so long, at this weight, at higher weight, it all feels "normal" to me. I haven't been in the 160s in years. I wonder if 12 more pounds will make me feel THIN...and 20 more pounds after that?

Anyhow, I know what you mean.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #4  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

It may be that your weight loss is making you more aware of what's going into your body and what affect it's having. When I just ate anything I wanted, I didn't care at all, and I didn't pay attention to my body. It's good to care, but just remember that you don't spontaneously look fatter because you feel fatter. I know I have those days too, but it's in my mind. In fact, this is something my friend and I laugh about, because we know how we feel, and we understand that it's our minds.

Like someone kind of said above, this is why so many thin girls can say "I'm so faaaattt!" when they are not at all. It's in our minds.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I know exactly how you feel. Some days I just wake up and look in the mirror and can't seem to see anything except how much I have left to lose and all the fat still on my body that I hate. I lose sight and forget about all the hard work I've done and changes I've made and how much better I feel than I did a year ago.

It's also tough being on the edge of normal weight but still in larger "normal" sizes for me. Size 12 is much, much smaller than the 24-26 I was wearing a year ago but I feel more critical of myself now because I can picture myself smaller and want to be smaller and more normal but I'm still not quite there yet.

We can hang in there though! Don't let a bad day or week or whatever make you backslide. You're awesome and have so much to be proud of!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/ 242/200

Height: 5'7

im sure you look great dont be to hard on your self
fadeingangel is offline   Reply With Quote