Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #1  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Been away for way too long!!

Here's the deal, I was on here since March 20th, until about a month or so ago.
I lost 50lb, then took a break, for no reason other than laziness. Yes, I could blame it on my birthday weekend, I could blame it on my move, but other than that, it was pure, stupid laziness.

Now I come back here because somewhere in that madness, I have managed to gain back 5lb.

Funny how 5lb seems so hard to lose yet so freaking easy to gain back. Well, I know that for a fact and I am more than motivated to get this over with. Not only for the personal satisfaction that wearing short shorts brings, but for the fact that I know I will be a healthier person, a happier person, and all that will be left to do is maintain what weight until my wedding in 2013.

I am thinking of giving myself a time frame, I would love to lose this weight before the new year. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. Instead, I will put my time frame anywhere between January 1st 2012 to March 20th 2012. That will make it a year officially since the start of my new lifestyle.

I started this journey by reading a quote someone had on this forum: "A year from now you'll be glad you started today." And that is the quote I am going by.

I am extremely proud of my journey so far. Sometimes I see pictures that people take candidly and can't even believe that is me.

All of my friends who have seen me in the last month or so have been shocked! And I am loving it.

I have somewhat of a long way to go, my last stretch challenge is basically what some people have to lose in their entirety, and it is also what people consider a small victory. I know it is possible, and I am very aware that it will not be easy, but it has to be done.

Here's to hoping the lack of exercise and diet will be kicked in the bum hard with my new start and the pounds will melt off like the first 20 did.

Wishing the best of luck to you all, and if you have some words of encouragement, please do not be shy to send them my way!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Amen sister! lol I also have not been on for about a month and a half, also due to pure lazyness. congrads on losing 50 lbs. that is awesome! and i can't wait to get there myself. i think when i make it to the otherside of the 150's i'll probably cry lol. just being in the 160's to me isa gaint accomplishment. I lost 20 ish pounds in about 2 months of jillian and then about 5 pounds for 3 months in the gym...needless to say i was doing something wrong so i'm just going to resort to jillian. I hate her guts but she gets the job done. anywho happy futre bum kicking to us lol.
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/137/130

Height: 5'7"

You sound like me! I take month long hiatus' every once in a while, due to frustration or whatever else is going on in my life. It's good to know this forum is always here and we can catch up again! Good luck, and I love that quote too!
damascho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/207.5/165

Height: 5' 9"

I was actually away for the past week in Ireland for an archaeology class. (What a hard life, I know :rolls eyes: ). I haven't weighed myself yet (I weigh in Tuesdays) but I think I might have gained some simply because I wasn't calorie counting, the meals were eaten out, and there were also copious trips to pubs. Also, I ate more than I usually do there, but I think that was because most of the days involved hiking to sites. Anyways, I'm glad I found this thread and I'm glad this forum is always here to help me get back on the wagon.

Last edited by melstrj; 10-24-2011 at 04:43 PM.
melstrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:04 AM   #5  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

melstrj Don't be so hard on yourself, I don't think a week is going to be so bad on the gaining perspective (you may actually just be retaining water ).

damascho I try and take a bit off to "maintain" and then when I start working out and dieting properly I melt it off, but this time it was uncalled for lol I am so ashamed in myself, but the good part is that I'm totally ready to get back on

jackiedavis87 I know!!!!!! When I get to the other side of 150's I probably am going to cry, and laugh, and roll myself on the ground just cuz it will feel right. LOL I haven't seen that weight in years!!! I'm thinking of starting Jillian's 30 Day Shred (It's been sitting on my coffee table for a few months now.. *hides face*) Thank you and congrats on the 20+ pounds lost as well~!!

I only recently started discovering how amazing losing just 1 lb is and how ridiculously amazing losing this much is. I am extremely proud of myself and all of you, and I know we can do this. We got this~!! xo
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote