Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 10:25 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Unhappy help me?

I posted this in my journal, but thought I might get some help here, as hard as it is for me to ask for it:

Yesterday, I celebrated my 7 month smoke-free anniversary.

Tomorrow, I start my new, healthier living lifestyle.

I was all gung ho for it. I really was. And now that it is almost here [TOMORROW!!!!!!!], I am losing enthusiasm. I am nervous and upset and just can't find my will.

I don't want to fail again.

I never really tried to quit smoking. And when I did, I did quit. This is my second real attempt at a lifestyle re-vamp and I just don't want to fail.

I need to buy a scale. For the first time ever in my life.

I need to do some excersises. Get into yet another routine, after finally getting into a rountine for the "post-smoking."

It's odd because for a while I said to myself "Hey, it's potato chips. It's not the cancer stick. It's fine."

I know it's not fine.

So for the past 3-4 months or so, I've been eating better. Using chicken broth to cook with instead of oil. Eating chips once in a while, rather than with every lunch. eating more veggies and fruits.

It's just so hard.

I have a hard time asking for help. But I think I need some this time.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

of course, you know i am here for ya!! (i post in the 100lb club more often though!) as for exercise.. i reccommend you get a workout tape or two. they are fun and easy to do and you will get your exercise in that way!!
Old 02-04-2003, 03:40 PM   #3  

Hrm.. well here are my two cents.. based on my own experience:

1) You won't lose weight until you are truely ready to make the change and are committed to making it happen. Numerous times I made new years resolutions to lose weight.. but they never lasted long.

2) Exercise. I am convinced you can not lose weight without exercising. You need to get your metabolism going.. so building muscles is a must. So start out slow.. and do it 4 times a week. And stick with it. And if you skip a day.. do the next.

3) Accountability. In the back of your mind.. you know its your life and your body and you can do what you want. If you were actual held accountable to someone.. you might be more determined to stay on plan. So write everything in your journal, report to a significant other, get an exercise buddy to motivate you. etc

You can do this. Everyone can lose weight. It happens at different speeds depending on your body and dedication, but its possible!

So start your plan with confidence... and if you fall off the wagon.. don't wait until the next day to get back on. Do it the very second you realize it! But above all... forgive yourself if you make a mistake. We all go "off plan" just realize what you did and just move on. You can not gain a pound instantly from eating ice cream or chips.

I wish you luck. And join our Feb. Challenge!!!!

Last edited by tonic; 02-04-2003 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:09 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks everyone.

I am ready.

I am just scared. I've made more life changing decisions in the past year than I have all my life....

Thanks again and I did join the Feb challenge... )
Closed Thread