Old 10-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/221/125

Height: 5'3

Default Stuck at 221!!!! Maybe my scale just doesn't go any lower?

For like two months I've been bouncing from 224 to 221. Yes, TWO months. Epic Fail. Everytime i get down to 221.2 I think okay, its gonna be a good day and tomorrow is going to be the day I see 220, and then it doesn't happen. Even if it is a good day! It really is like my scale is broken, except i know its not because it likes to tease me by saying 190 everyonce in a while when it isn't totally flat. My scale is mean.

I feel like when i try too hard and concentrate too much over what I'm eating, and exersicing and all that I sabatoge myself, but when I'm really not worrying about I see some pounds come off the scale. I know I can lose weight, I've already mysteriously lost 20lbs (very slowly, yes, but its still 20lbs, and I wansn't even really 'dieting' then) but lately I just feel really discouraged.

Sorry I'm kind of rambling on, I just wanted to get those things off my chest.
Any thoughts?
smgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

switch it up? try something other then what your trying.... if your not eating really healthy then eat healthy or vice versa... if your not really exercising then exercise or vice versa... i find that when im not even trying as well the lbs just melt off me.... the minute i try i plateau so go with what gets you the best results even if its not the best idea health wise right now... seems like stupid advice but the minute you lose the weight and get to your goal ( past 220) then you jump back on board with the healthy eating or whatever...

another thing to try is maybe try working out with a friend who has a slightly diff routine then you... your body sometimes get used to what your doing and wont change... it needs to be challenged otherwise it doesnt do anything... do maybe if you start running instead of walking and doing pushups and situps instead of idk chinups or something then it will get your body in movement mode again goodluck keep us posted!
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/141.4/140

Height: 5'7"

This might be completely false but my first thought was that maybe when you're not trying every pound you lose is like a bonus that you're not expecting. It might make it seem like you're losing faster because it's more of a plus. Then you think to yourself that if you start actually trying it should come off even faster. So now that you have higher expectations it's easier to feel discouraged and let down. I know that this could be completely wrong in your case and definitely doesn't solve your problem. I wish I could tell you what to do! I have been stuck for a few weeks now and I'm already frustrated. I hope that you can get past your plateau soon!
RebaRamBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/221/125

Height: 5'3

Default Yay!!!!!!

So, you all were right. It took a little switching up. Took my boys to the park, and voila down goes the number! And now that i'm past that little hump I have a new, brighter outlook on reaching my goal. Its amazing how one pound can make all the difference when you've plateaued.
smgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Congrats! Changing it up can make weight loss more fun too!!
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I LOVE the title of the post, that your scale doesn't go lower. :P That's how I feel sometimes too! I want to tap it and be like "hellooooooooo, are you actually working?". I'm glad that you're getting past your plateau, but I'm going to answer the original question anyway. :P If you've watch Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition, you've seen the gorgeous Chris Powell...hehe...who posted a few tips about getting past a plateau on the show's facebook page.

"Did you know that your body adapts to everything? Even working out! It actually takes about six exposures to a specific workout for your body to experience all of its benefits. To experience increased fitness and weight loss benefits you need to change things up after every six workouts!
If you plateau, change ONE of the following variables to get your body losing again.
F - FREQUENCY - Increase the Frequency (Instead of swimming for 3 days per week, increase to 4 days per week)
I - INTENSITY - Increase the Intensity (Instead of jogging at 4.5 on the treadmill, jog at 5.0)
T - TIME - Increase the Time (Instead of playing soccer for 45 minutes, play for 60 minutes)
T - TYPE - Change to a different type of activity (Instead of rowing, try jumping rope or boxing)"
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote