Old 09-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #1  
super awesome nubie!

S/C/G: 188/168.6/160

Height: 6'1"

Red face Overwhelmed by 3FC...

So, I just can't seem to find my groove in these forums...
my "Small-ish" group thread was closed because some people may feel excluded (which I get, but it was only me anyways, lol), but I'm having trouble finding where I'm supposed to fit in otherwise.
I've been "stalking" the site since March and only just joined - but I feel like maybe it's not the right resource for me since I just get overwhelmed with the amount of HUGE threads and that most people are one a different journey than I am... ugh.

Can anyone give me advise on HOW to manage the 3FC community?
bexwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

You might find this sticky helpful: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/intr...-forum-me.html

Hop in anywhere, everyone here is working toward the same goal, a healthier lifestyle and we are all here to support each other in reaching our goals.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It depends what you are looking to get out of 3FC.

I personally like the site to give and get advice and keep current on research and information on weight loss. So I don't actually post in any daily-type threads, but look in the areas most relevant to me (Calorie Counting, WL News and Current Events, Maintainers) for new questions and topics of interest.

Others want group support from 3FC, so they find a forum that matches closely to their journey (for example, have you found the "Featherweights" forum yet? It's for those starting pretty close to their final goal) and join into the daily group chat thread there (most of our forums have one).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #4  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexwild View Post
So, I just can't seem to find my groove in these forums...
my "Small-ish" group thread was closed because some people may feel excluded (which I get, but it was only me anyways, lol), but I'm having trouble finding where I'm supposed to fit in otherwise.
I've been "stalking" the site since March and only just joined - but I feel like maybe it's not the right resource for me since I just get overwhelmed with the amount of HUGE threads and that most people are one a different journey than I am... ugh.

Can anyone give me advise on HOW to manage the 3FC community?
Hey! I'm new too... I'm going with the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality. There's a very legit and supporting community here... I'm trying to tap into it by by posting to threads that are already up instead of trying to create my own online weightless clique lol
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #5  
super awesome nubie!

Wow! thank you!
It's funny, I saw the "featherweights" title and I thought it was something TOTALLY different (I used to wrestle and I took the term literally, hahaha)!

I'll stalk THAT forum and see if I can get-in-where-i-fit-in!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #6  

All I know is - its good to see another tall girl! I'm 6'1 too and looking to get to about 150-160... you can do it! I personally love reading the diet blogs. You can do it!
macg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Hi! I never really "fit in" to any particular group, either. Like Amanda said, just surf around the forums that appeal to you. For me, it was 20-somethings, Calorie Counting, Exercise, News, and a couple of others. Post questions and get and give advice, when you feel comfortable.

Even if you don't "belong" to a group, you'll find plenty of people on here always willing to offer support and advice!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9''

I also felt that way.

And I actually have opened a similar thread too

You just have to find a particular thread you want to join and start posting there, I believe everyone will be welcoming. I actually think that's how the support on this forum works. There are too many people active on the board, therefore there are so many threads, no one has the time to post in 20 threads daily, I think people just pick a few, meet the people posting on those topics and that's how you find buddies
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #9  
super awesome nubie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macg View Post
All I know is - its good to see another tall girl! I'm 6'1 too and looking to get to about 150-160... you can do it! I personally love reading the diet blogs. You can do it!
Not trying to be a heightist - and I'm sure we'll sound like whiners, but it really IS harder to lose inches/sizes when you're tall - so you go sister!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #10  
super awesome nubie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotHealthy4life View Post
I also felt that way.

And I actually have opened a similar thread too
yeah, it's not about excluding anyone, it's about trying to find a more comfortable setting to share - where you can feel heard and all that...

"I'm SPECIAL dammit!" Hahahaha
Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I personally have found the differences between some forums to be night and day.

In some forums you can pour your heart into a post and noone will give you the time of day to respond or you'll get some negativity. In others the support and positivity is overwhelming.

It's really just zeroing in on what you're looking for out of 3FC and then some trial and error. Don't be discouraged by not finding what you are looking for right away. It may take some time.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #12  
super awesome nubie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
I personally have found the differences between some forums to be night and day.

In some forums you can pour your heart into a post and noone will give you the time of day to respond or you'll get some negativity. In others the support and positivity is overwhelming.

It's really just zeroing in on what you're looking for out of 3FC and then some trial and error. Don't be discouraged by not finding what you are looking for right away. It may take some time.
Thanks for making that connection!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Just start looking around at the different forums until you find what is comfortable for you. I , personally post in several different forums.

Last edited by bargoo; 09-28-2011 at 05:41 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Welcome!!

It may seem like some of the chat threads/support forums are a bunch of old friends who have been together for years and you're trying to find a place to sit in the cafeteria on the first day of school. It isn't like that at all I promise! People come and go weekly- or check in every now and then, etc.

Like mandalinn said, some people come here every day and check with a challenge thread, a chat thread, or an accountability thread (or several). Others just come in and look at threads/forums/questions which apply to them and perhaps respond or ask a question on them.

There are SO many people on 3FC, and a lot of people coming and going, that you should feel free to just explore and see what is most useful. I used to post on several chat threads and hang out in certain "areas" of the board- now I just wander around.

Best wishes for your weight loss journey, look forward to seeing you around more
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #15  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I just wanted to add that even in the threads where people are posting every day, feel free to jump right in. After a week or two you'll be one of those people that a new person to the forum might think had been there for a long time.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote