Old 09-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #16  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

omg you guys i just found this on reddit and i am super excited, cant wait for it to be on android
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-for?ref=video
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Icon - That looks interesting. I don't have a smartphone, but it looks like something to keep you motivated! Let us know if you end up getting it when it comes out and how it is.

Munster - You are THE workout queen!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ok Ladies, not got too much time for personals because I have a timer on my internet to stop me from being online for too long! But basically I've got a bit of a decision to make.

Basically, I LOVE running. But I love running on a particular route - it's private, it's beautiful and it's just one strip so I know exactly how far to go and when to speed up etc. However this route is off road, so while there are stones to make a pavement, it gets ridiculously muddy. It's also along a canal, so one dodgy slip and worse case scenario I fall in the canal! I also don't want to go slipping and sliding around in case I sprain an ankle.

I live in England, and I'm sure it's a big stereotype to all non-UK people but England has THE WORSE WEATHER EVER. In the summer it tends to rain on and off, so my running route isn't so bad. However, it's now heading into Autumn, which means it's raining all the time.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to motivate myself to go running outside any more. I know, it's just rain, but it means I can't run on my favourite route and I don't like running on the roads. I'm still a big girl, and it is embarrassing since I have ginormous boobs!

So up until now I've been trying to train for a half marathon, but it's getting to the point where I'm thinking of postponing the training until Spring. Autumn/Winter is going to be very wet and windy, and as much as I'll miss running I just don't think I can keep up with it in these conditions.

My proposed solution? Start Insanity. I was going to do Insanity after November, when the Half Marathon is, but I just feel like it's the better option right now. It's an intense workout, I still have the gym to go and do some running on the treadmill, and it'll last 2 months. I just don't like having the weather dictate my runs, and right now it is. Sure, it's partly my fault - I COULD go out and run on the roads but that's not fun for me. Why exercise if I don't find it enjoyable?

I know it might seem like a small decision, but I guess I just need a bit of support. I won't be giving up on my running, I'll be postponing the Half Marathon to another time...but I can't help but feeling like I'm giving it up? I might even do 10k training at the gym since the distances wont have me running on the treadmill for hours like the Half Marathon one would have done!

So yeah, I think I've made up my mind about this, I just would love some support here to go with it!

Thanks for reading =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #19  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Rie-You KNOW I am going to tell you to GO FOR IT with Insanity! I would recommend that you not do ANY running with it the first week or two though. Trust me, it is enough of a workout that you won't feel like doing anything else, and could potentially risk injury. I tried it and it was a lot. After the first two weeks if you feel like running I would go for it, just realize you have to be eating A LOT even though you are trying to lose. You WON'T be sorry that you switched things up for this little bit, I know that I burn at least what I would burn running about 5-6 miles in one workout, so really it is almost better in my book. You will be so much better off in your training for your half marathon AFTER you finish that first round, and then you could take a break from Insanity to train, then go back to Insanity, etc. It is a GREAT plan! I totally get you, I can't run much right now either because my weather is ridiculous, 100+ every day, and I don't like running alone at 5am. You will do great, and keep me posted on the Insanity progress, I will be your DIG DEEPER buddy! Haha! Let's do it!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #20  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

munster - <3 I knew you would have my back! And I'm definitely up for having you as my dig deeper buddy! I'm going to start on Monday, so I've got the weekend to wait...is it sad that I'm REALLY looking forward to starting?! Thanks for the advice about the running on top of Insanity. I think in all honesty I just don't want to be wasting money on my gym membership if I'm not going to use it for 2 months, so doing some light 10k training on the side is my way of getting the moneys worth! But I think I'll listen to my body and see how it goes. Thanks for the support, it's just what I needed! I have the calendar printed out and ready to GO! Shaun T and I are going to enter a very interesting (probably abusive) relationship...
Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #21  

Rie: I totally get the whole big boobs thing! I surprised DF the other day when she walked in on me jogging on the treadmill (not because I was jogging, but because she was surprised that I enjoyed it since I don't go jogging with her). I just cannot get over the images that play in my mind at what on my body is moving in what opposite direction! I say whatever keeps you motivated, do it! Canada is the same thing. We're going to need to get a little creative for our workouts soon since it tends to snow ALOT in Calgary, and often times it's so windy, the weather is -40C with windchill. It seems to me like you haven't given up, you've just reassessed. Go with it as long as you keep moving!

Also, I like the idea of a monthly chat... or even a semi-monthly chat.

Icon: That looks FUN! I'm going to hunt it out now on my iPhone to look it over. Thanks!!

YESSSSSSS! I have hit my first mini goal of 10 Lbs! I know it's not a huge loss in comparison to how much I weight, and I knew that when I first started, the weight would start to fall off before I plateau at 260 Lbs (like clockwork, every time), but it's still so darn exciting! 3FC, just give me my ticker so I can show off! LOL.

I did some more jogging today, did the intervals of 1 minute jogging/2 minutes walking. That felt good, but man my legs are feeling weak.

My twin brothers are semi-pro athletes, and have really been in my corner to lose the weight. So tonight they are going to help DF and I build a structured strength training program that we can modify as we lose and tone. Family love is the best!

If anyone is interested in what they come up with, please let me know, and I will gladly share on here!

Time to go make some supper and then do my evening workout so I can veg a little!

Last edited by MandeLea; 09-16-2011 at 09:13 PM.
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #22  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Mande - Perhaps you can do Insanity too?! Haha, it's so intense!! Great job on the working out, that's exactly how I started when I began running and I can run 5 miles without stopping now. Keep going! And yes, would love to hear what your brothers come up with!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #23  

I love his Hip Hop Abs! Insanity looks scary .

Quick question for everyone. I had a full day of calories (within my goal amount), but was still left pretty hungry at the end of the day. I had a multi-grain sandwich, and then a veggie burger (but instead of a bun, used an english muffin). It seems like no matter what replacements I do with the bread, on days in which I have it, it seems to completely eat up my calories.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for carb substitutes other than rice (we eat that often enough lol)?
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #24  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey ladies, just so you know I went ahead and made a September chat thread, hope to see you all over there!!