Old 08-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5'4

Default For Veggie Haters (like me!!!)

Hey guys!!! Okay, so I absolutely hate vegetables. I mean to the point where even salads with bacon and dressing don't cut it for me.

Unfortunately, I know how important they are and how good they are for us. Well, I wanted to share with you all this smoothie that I make for breakfast every Monday-Saturday morning. It sounds absolutely gross and does not LOOK like the most pleasant thing either, but it is a way to get your servings of veggies in for the day without tasting them! This smoothie consists of:

1 banana 120 cals
1 apple 100 cals
1 cup of ocean sprey Ruby Red grapefruit juice (NOT the cocktail, it's the100% juice) 110 cals
1-2 large handfuls of spinach
1-2 large handfuls of broccoli (usually I fill up an entire cereal bowl of just broccoli and spinach)

^^^Throw it all in a blender and BAM!

It's about a total of 350 calories. It sounds gross, but the only thing the vegetables do is turn the smoothie green. The grapefruit juice is the most essential seeing as it is the ingredient that drowns out the veggie taste. In my opinion this smoothie is way more manageable than salads and especially steamed veggies (which make me gag anyway).

I seriously hate vegetables with a passion, and this smoothie that I make literally drowns the taste out (for me anyway!). It is also SOOOO filling because it is so nutrient dense. It holds me for a good 2.5-3 hours.

When my friend first told me about this smoothie I almost threw up. Then I made one myself and I was like "k i can do this!"

Just an idea to make veggie eating more bearable for those who hate veggies. If anyone else has any ideas, or has tried the smoothie themselves, please share!
lifehouseluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

I'd also recommend looking at the Vitamix site for similar ideas - their blender is a little pricey but their recipes for fruit / veggie smoothies are amazing. I despise spinach and kale but I would drink one of their green smoothies any day.

You can also make chocolate ice cream with a ton of spinach and carrots in it.. and it tastes amazing. I don't know what the calorie content is, but I tried it at one of their demos, and you couldn't taste the spinach.

Last edited by my2cats; 08-10-2011 at 07:50 PM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #3  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

I actually love veggies, but I love smoothies even more...so I've been meaning to go out and buy a blender so those veggies I'm too lazy to prepare, to my liking, won't go to waste.

Thanks for this one OP.

Also, if anyone has a way healthy smoothy -- that may not taste so good -- please share! I'm a Fear Factor type eater (I'll eat/drink anything!)
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

I'd have to ask my coworker - she shows up for morning status meetings with a purple liquid in a clear thermos, that smells like.. mildew. It really does. It rolls across the room.

I believe the base ingredient is cabbage juice but farther than that I have not dared inquire.

Last edited by my2cats; 08-10-2011 at 08:01 PM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote