Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #31  

I used to have a really bad addiction to McDonalds, fast food, diner food, greasy takeout. I was addicted to fat, msg, sugar and salt. It took a long time for my palate to go back to "normal" and to be free of those addictions. Like 6 months, it's a weaning process. I used to pass by McDonalds and want to eat it so bad... now I pass it by and don't think twice... I have no desire to eat it at all. It takes a while for your palate to get used to eating foods that contain less fat, sugar & salt, it also takes time to get used to the textures and flavors of healthier less processed foods. Not to mention, it takes time to get used to smaller portion sizes... that's the hardest thing to get used to. Maybe it'll help to go on a liquid diet/strict diet/fast of some kind for a few days up to a week to help shrink your stomach. I did that and it helped a lot. Having a stretched out stomach from eating too much McDs = not feeling satisfied eating normal portions of healthy food. The important thing is to not binge, get sick & get used to eating your 'addiction' food again. Always keep snacks on hand with you, and plan/prepare your meals in advance, so you aren't starving one day and passing by McDs.

Last edited by blancheneige; 07-30-2011 at 06:45 AM.
blancheneige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

You are SO not alone! There have been many, many, many times where I end up in a drive-thru, scarf the food before I get home, throw away the "evidence" and then go to the gym. Its a terrible cycle, but your terminology is spot on! It is an *addiction*. One day at a time!
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote