Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Feeling discouraged..

So today I have completed my first 2 weeks ( out of 6 in total) of work out boot camp. I have been exercising mon-thur running for an hour, weight lifting for 20 mins, eleptical for 30 mins, stretching for an hour and thigh abs and glutes exercises for an hour. My starting weight was 152 and now I am at 152.6. I know I slacked off on 4th of July weekend (that friday I weighted about 150 and following tuesday I was back to 154). I really have been eating healthy and keeping track of my food every day. The only thing that got in the way was 4th of July weekend. Now I am back to 152.6 I dropped 1.8 lbs since tuesday but I still feel like I should give up already... Ugh this is not working out for me.... I am trying to lose around 10 lbs before August 15th, do you guys think it's possible? If so, WHAT SHOULD I DO?! I'm desperate.
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Definitely possible I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged! Your human sometimes you will slip up, just try to account for your slip ups, work out longer the days you go over your calories, or eat less the days you can not work out. Try eating more veggies each meal to leave less room for higher cal food. No matter what don't give up on yourself, this is a lifetime journey, and I can't wait till I'm back to 150
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/156/135

Height: 5'6"

I often forget and my roommate is usually quick to remind me, that muscle will add weight at first. You said you've been doing boot camp and lifting weights, both of which are likely giving you muscle, but muscle is heavier than fat. I'd bet that after a week or so when your muscles are strong your weight will begin to go down. So even though the scale may have gone up, you are probably still on the right track!
MissBtoMrsPin2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #4  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Have you tried just taking your measurements? I know how frustrated I was when I was doing the 30 day shred my weight went all over the place but when I checked my measurements out of curiosity I was beyond happy with what I saw.
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/137/125

Height: 5'5"

I bet that no matter what the scale says, you're looking much better than when you started! You're already at a healthy weight for your height, so the pounds aren't going to melt off, but you're well on your way trimming down any extra fat you have, building up more lean muscle, and toning up.
TigerSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6''

When your muscles are repairing themselves they hold onto A LOT of water!
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #7  

I second what lucyford said. I have been working out pretty steadily and I lost very little weight for my first week. When you first start an exercise regimen, especially one as intense as you're doing, your muscles will hold onto a LOT of water. I would suggest weighing yourself after a 2-3 break from working out to allow your body time to flush out the excess water and give your muscles a break. Good luck!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointless2011 View Post
So today I have completed my first 2 weeks ( out of 6 in total) of work out boot camp. I have been exercising mon-thur running for an hour, weight lifting for 20 mins, eleptical for 30 mins, stretching for an hour and thigh abs and glutes exercises for an hour. My starting weight was 152 and now I am at 152.6. I know I slacked off on 4th of July weekend (that friday I weighted about 150 and following tuesday I was back to 154). I really have been eating healthy and keeping track of my food every day. The only thing that got in the way was 4th of July weekend. Now I am back to 152.6 I dropped 1.8 lbs since tuesday but I still feel like I should give up already... Ugh this is not working out for me.... I am trying to lose around 10 lbs before August 15th, do you guys think it's possible? If so, WHAT SHOULD I DO?! I'm desperate.
I should always consider it might be muscle you are gaining and not fat. that will add weight to the scale. You might also be burning yourself out doing too much exercise all at once. I find that doing cardio and plyometic exercises gets my heartrate going the best. limit your beverages. no wine/beer/liquor/soda till you reach your goal and drink tons of water. Also stay clear of white bread and pasta and rice, potatoes. eat whole grains or sweet potato sometimes if you must. You don't have much to lose and you are already small so it might take a little time, don't get fustrated. you might want to consider the Ideal Protein diet. it gets you lean in no time and teaches you how to maintain. I'm starting next week. I'm excited. you would lose your 10lb goal easily within 3 weeks.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to reiterate that it is probably muscle. My future sister-in-law completed four weeks of bootcamp last month. I didn't see her for a solid three weeks. Dang, she looked awesome. Her arms were a lot smaller and you could see the muscles! She complained, too, of not losing weight, but try not to focus on that. Are your clothes fitting differently? Can you run faster? Do more situps/pushups? That's the stuff that really matters. Try taking measurements. Make sure you are eating enough (yes, enough!) and getting plenty of water. Sleep is important too. Good luck!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #10  

Thanks for the reply guys! It really made me feel better. I did weigh myself today and I am at 150.1 !!

jillnicole03: That's a good idea I never thought that I should limit myself on my "days off". Thanks for the idea! And I hope you achieve your goal soon

MissBtoMrsPin2012: I really hope what your saying is true and I am gaining muscle and not fat LOL

NiteOwlMommy: I HATE MEASURMENTS!! haha I just feel so gross after looking at the results considering my stomach is a little smaller than my chest area..

TigerSoup: Yeah I know, everyone keeps telling me my weight is fine but I just hate the way my stomach looks and feels. Especially feels. Like when I sit down I feel the fat rolls and I hate it!

lucyford & chloekinsicle: That's what my friend said, water weight will be messing with my mind for a little lol.

leganegan: Hmm sounds interesting, what is the Ideal Protein diet exactly?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #11  

ade903 I haven't seem a change in my clothing, it's only been 2 weeks but I do see that I can exercise for much longer and do much more push ups!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I would also add watch your calories. Losing weight is 95% diet. All the exercise in the world wont help you if you consume too many calories. Even if your eating too much of the "right" foods.

This happened to me. I started running and cleaning up my diet and didn't lose anything for the first 3 weeks. Then the runs got a little longer and the diet a little better and I started losing. The first 3 weeks laid the groundwork.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

I second Scarlett. I can work out like a fiend, but if my diet is bad, I don't lose a bit. It takes time for your body to adopt changes and mine just works better when my eating and exercise are in sync. Gluck and don't be discouraged, you'll reach goal soon. You have to be a very driven person to keep up with a workout schedule like yours, so I don't think you'll give up easy!
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #14  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I bet it is muscle replacing fat. Take your measurments, or just try on a pair of jeans that didn't used to fit. You;ll see bdy changes more than scale changes. hang in there!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 320/217/175

Height: 5'9"

Muscle def. can be involved, especially with that routine, but I'd say the bulk of it is probably water. No matter what I do, I can't seem to shake the water retention when I'm working hard. It masks results and frustrates, so I put the scale in the closet and take it out less.

When I do a carb refeed (I eat maintenance or a little above in NOTHING but white/refined/"empty calorie" carbs and a little fat), I actually end up losing multiple pounds the next day, and while some of this may be from the metabolic boost, I know that most of it is water.

Scales are a bit overrated even though I'm still relatively attached to the number. I feel best when I get scale progress (I think this is just society's impact on the process), but lowering body fat percentage is really more important. If it were easier to measure, I'm sure the scale would be phased out a bit. I have to remind myself that weight really isn't the most important number. Weighing can help keep you on track and give you feedback, but it can also throw you off track, make you feel less positive about your routine, and cause unnecessary stress.

Just keep at it regardless, your body cannot magically produce energy for your workouts without burning some fat. Regardless of what the scale says, you will have less fat and feel better doing that kind of exercise than you would if you were not doing it.
dZsmalls is offline   Reply With Quote