Old 07-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 326/309/220

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry to hear that this crap is happening to you. It's an awful thing to go through.

I think that the worst thing you could do is try to stay friends with him. The way I find easiest to get over a relationship that meant a lot to me is to just...get rid of everything possible that reminds me of him. It sounds harsh, and it can be hard but once you don't have all those things to look at it really helps speed up the healing process.

Delete his number, take him off your contact lists, box up and store away any photographs. Preferably under many many other things so it's super hard to get to.

And never be afraid to voice your feelings and cry and "whine" and talk to your friends, family, and anyone who will listen to you.

I'm sure you're a good person, beautiful inside and out in your own personal way. You might not consider this a possibility now, but the next time you fall in love you'll say to yourself "wow...I can't believe I actually thought I was in love before this."
Nekomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all so much. I have read each and every post you have written and your words really mean a lot to me. Luckily I am doing better today, I hope it's not just a fluke! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You all really helped me out.
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #18  
89lbs going, going...

S/C/G: 221/221/145

Height: 5'6"

Just imagine how you will feel when you are at your goal and you have proved to yourself that you don't need him!
A life well lived is the best revenge!
chubbycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

I was told once by a trusted source that you can't think about two things at once. I was once dwelling on a breakup that left me heartbroken. I had to give myself ways to keep myself and my mind occupied so I wouldn't obsess over it. The gym and sudoku (even both at the same time while on the elliptical) were my saving grace on getting my thoughts off my heartbreak. Do what you've got to do to stop thinking about him, whether you start a new hobby, read books, exercise, whatever! Just make sure you're being healthy. Give yourself so many minutes a day to grieve, but when your time is up, be done for that day. It gets easier.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #20  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

....My heart goes out to you!!! *hugs* I had no idea when you posted over in my thread that you were going through such a hard time. <3 You definitely can get through this, and you have a ton of support here. You do NOT need him, he clearly isn't worth your love if he is going to just drop you like that. Use that to fuel your motivation and show him that you are better off. Victory will taste so sweet when you see the look on his face once you are at goal, looking fabulous and you did it without him.
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #21  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Everyone reacts differently I guess, when my boyfriend left me I was angry and it helpped kick me into drive to get my *** in gear and get healthy. All my anger and sadness was put into my workouts. (Sometimes I wish I still had that, it seemed so much easier when I was pissed off and hurt with this journey.) I say just do it, so you lose motivation what is getting fat and unhealthy again going to do for you? Nothing other then put you down in the dumps again for a different reason. You're hot who care if he left you can find yourself someone super amazing. So the relationship is over it happens, I wouldn't bother with the friendship part either. Cut him out completely and continue to concentraite on you now is the perfect time to do it.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote