Old 05-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default It's my 21st Birthday and I'll party if I want to!

So, it's my 21st birthday today...

Yes, I'm on a diet. Yes, I'm supposed to count everything that goes into my mouth....but would a few glasses of wine really hurt? Now that I can legally buy the stuff, I'd like to go out and buy my first bottle today (it's pretty much the only thing that I like)....but I am also concerned about breaking my diet. I'm sure there will be cake later, and a big birthday dinner that we're going to eat out...and I'm almost at the point where I want to say "I don't care at all...this is an important birthday and I'm going to celebrate it and I can deal with whatever weight I may gain and water I may retain tomorrow"...is that bad?

I guess I just don't want to be all worried about calories in vs. calories out today...and for once I'd like to just get that juicy burger on the buttered bun with the french fries instead of the broccoli on the side...ya know?

What would you guys do? When a really special day comes around, do you let yourself enjoy it and take a day off, or do you still try and stick to plan?

DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

HAppy Birthday to you
This is a landmark, whatever you want to do today you are allowed .. its a celebration, plus whatever excess you put on after tonight.. just make a promise that you will start back fresh tomorrow... i say go for it

sure whats the point of being good all the time if you can't spash out now and again...

Have fun its your birthday
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #3  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

To be quite honest... its your dang birthday, go nuts! i.e. Enjoy yourself

I've lost 85lbs having an off day of whatever I want, including drinks, at least once or twice a month.

I've come to realize that skinny girls have off days here and there and enjoy themselves... the difference between us and them is that we go overboard at every meal, or every day... whereas they have their fun when its time to have fun and then go back to NORMAL, sensible eating without batting an eye.

This approach has definitely worked for me.

Word of Warning though.... once you go "overboard", it's somewhat hard to go back to eating right. Your body gets all those crazy carbs and fats and sodium it was addicted to before, so you get the urge to keep going that way. DO NOT LISTEN. Go right back and get on that wagon. Soon enough, you'll find it normal to have a fun girls night out here or there and enjoy yourself without binging for a week afterwards.

Happy birthday by the way
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Happy Birthday ! Celebrate !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #5  
Go For Your Dreams!

S/C/G: HW340/340/160

Height: 5'6

Happy Birthday To You!

I say do whatever you want to do! Its your birthday, 21st birthday at that! It only comes once so I say HAVE FUN & CELEBRATE!
CandyCoatedSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #6  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

Happy birthday!!! Have a great day and enjoy yourself
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #7  
Determined

Location: Initial goal was 150ish. Kept adjusting down to 135. Recently set new goal to 125! BMI Normal Weight!

S/C/G: 185.5 / 132 / 125

Height: 5 feet exactly

Enjoy your birthday and eat and drink and be merry!

I have lost nearly 29 lbs in 5 months, and I have had quite a few "free" days. The difference, like everyone says, is to just go right back at it tomorrow! I have noticed that when I get right back at it, the free day nearly has no affect on my loss for the week, and sometimes, those weeks, I even lose more than usual!

Happy Birthday! Have wine and french fries!
whiteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #8  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy birthday!

I think it's fine to indulge, as long as you're prepared to get back on track afterwards.

You probably wouldn't get wasted for the heck of it anyway, but you know that if you don't actually feel like drinking a lot on your birthday, you're not obligated to. You've got the rest of your life to drink, after all.

Have fun!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote