Old 05-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #1  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Default frusterated....

my body is being bipolar again....so out of curiosity sake I did a few things today I probably shouldn't have

1. Tried on a size 20 skirt
2. jumped on the scale
3. measured my waist

Here are my results. The size 20 skirt fit the scale was up 3.3 lbs and my waist has ballooned about 6 inches. Now seeing as it is SEVERELY unlikely my waist actually ballooned 6 inches in 4 days im gonna say that that is water weight. However, if I JUST fit in to a size 22 on sat and it was on the tighter side of fitting (not tight just on the tighter side of what looks and feels good) how can the size 20 fit perfectly when im supposedly 6" bigger in the same spot? o.0 I checked the material to see if there was more spandex in the 20 or something. Nope, the 22's actually have more spandex....I just don't get it:\
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Was it the same type skirt? I can range in size on my clothing greatly! I would judge fitting clothes off the same outfit. 3.3 lbs can be water weight, I know I gain it like crazy right before TOM. Also, do you always do your measurements or do you have someone help you? If you do not measure in the exact same spot everytime your measurements will vary.

I know for me, esp on my legs, if I change the measuring point by even 1/4 inch, I will have a difference of a 1/2 inch larger or smaller!
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #3  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

I always measure myself and ALWAYS in the same spot. Its the same type thing yea...idk its weird.....My body is bipolar I think
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #4  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

A couple of options here:
-Make sure you're measuring in the exact same spot
-If the skirts are two different brands, the sizes will probably be completely different since womens sizes are not standardized
-The two skirts may sit at different parts of the waist/hip
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #5  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquot View Post
A couple of options here:
-Make sure you're measuring in the exact same spot
-If the skirts are two different brands, the sizes will probably be completely different since womens sizes are not standardized
-The two skirts may sit at different parts of the waist/hip
I pretty much agree with these here.

I bought a pair of size 17 pants from target and they were too tight, and then bought the same size at JCpenny whilst on TOM in the junior dept. and they're too big.

pants sizes are so confusing, so i don't bother, I just go by what looks and fits the best on me.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #6  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

they sit at the same part thats what is frusterating.... grs. Thanks all.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #7  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Clothing is fickle especially if you buy different brands. I can fit in a size 30 jeans. When my work measured me for pants I had to go into a size 34 (I don't wear those pants anyways I wear my old work pants which are a size 12and too big haha because the other pair are boys pants, my company can't seem to tell the difference that girls need different size fitting clothing then boys but whatever thats an issue on its own.)

The scale is stupid, seriously.

and last but not least if it doesn't fit, it will eventually fit just keep working at it. Also mental imagine of yourself can also change the perspective of things....change the mentality don't get down on yourself because something isn't working the way you want it to. IE the stupid skirt (haha) says okay so you I have a tiny set back, but this gives me something to work towards!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote