Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #31  
sugar is the devil

I must have jinxed myself with my rant about my car. Now my traction control light is now off... and my engine check light is coming on and off. I mean, I still need to get the speed sensor looked at but at least it's not staying on like it has been for the past few months. And... now my engine break light is completely off! We did nothing to it - I had it engaged the other day and I took it off and since then, the lights been off. So it might have just been the switched stayed on and it finally got deactivated... sweet, hope it stays that way.

Had a good workout with my trainer today. Also went jogging with Miztaccen yesterday - we are attempting the C25K program as we both wanna get into jogging/marathons. I need to read it up on here and get an idea on how the program works... Trying to kick *** this month because last month wasn't that great weight loss wise. I'm also really really working on my diet as I believe that's the 80% that's holding me back
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #32  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

I'm still here, just haven't had much to say. I'm 10 days binge-free and looking to start losing again. Weighed myself this morning and I'm about 132-133 or thereabouts, right around 60 kg. I was surprised - with the way I've been feeling lately I was sure I was a lot heavier. Today I am staying calorie conscious and planning to go for a run after work. It's the first truly warm day of spring and I want to enjoy it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #33  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

I'm up in weight by 8 pounds. TOM is here and I don't think that has anything to do with that because I'm never this much over weight I don't even think my scale is affected when I'm on TOM. Maybe I've been stressing too much and not even realizing it when it comes to this dumb exam I have to write....

Boy made a really good dinner last night for me, Potatos, with chicken, shrimp, peas and tomatos. oh and I have horrible cramps today and I feel like I want to vomit. This is soo not cool.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #34  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I've seen 164 on the scale two days in a row!

Just needed to post that somewhere.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 117/116.5/113

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey guys

I'm having a really bad day. If you have time to read my latest entry in my diet blog I would really appreciate any words of encouragement.

The Bunneh--that's a great feeling I bet good job! keep it up

Mizta--Periods suck don't they? Especially when you're trying to lose weight, it just throws you for a loop. Damn uteruses..or uteri? LOL

JLN--congrats!

Last edited by japanophile; 04-07-2011 at 05:45 PM.
japanophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #36  
sugar is the devil

Japanophile your blog link, on the left hand side under your username, is broken. I had to type it out.... *off to go read*
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #37  
sugar is the devil

Japanophile I've read your blog and I also happened to look at your stats. You are well within normal BMI for your height and weight, actually trending on the low side. I know that everyone has their own insecurities about their body image, no matter their weight/height. But I feel as if the right place for you right now isn't on a weight loss forum. From what you posted, it sounds like you have an emotional disorder associated with food; an eating disorder. I can't give you advice on what you should do/shouldn't do as I have never experienced an eating disorder, or binging/purging for that matter, so it isn't my place to advise. There's a sub-forum here on 3fatchicks for people with eating disorders and I suggest you venture on over there as these ladies (and possibly gents) may have words of wisdom and encouragement for you on how to overcome your difficulties.

Edit to add: Sorry, I actually don't think there is an "eating disorder" sub-forum here. The closest I can find is "Chicks in Control" which is about overeating/binging. I suggest googling a forum more specific to what you are experiencing in order to get your needs met.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-07-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default Hi all

Hi all--

Japanophile
---You are already so skinny---you don't need to lose more weight. If you want to feel beautiful about yourself, think of some other ways you can do it besides losing weight. Try writing poetry, reading books, get into making your skin pretty, buying lots of awesome clothing! Be nice to yourself. Know that you are the beautiful person that you are already.

crumpus- Congrats on being 10 days without binging!

Well, I am back and it's always nice to check into this group every once and a while to tell you all what's up.

This weekend, I had a 5k race---it was quite exhilerating. I finished 3 miles in 30 minutes, which puts my new running pace at a ten minute mile---woohoo!

I had a breakthrough run today, and got up to 5 miles, which was also very exciting for me. I thought about how I have lost about 5 pounds, and kept it off. This has made me very excited.

I've taken some time away from dieting. I've cheated here and there this whole week, and a lot of has to do with meeting my 3 miles in 30 minute goal, plus I am getting a HUGE tax refund which will go to my husband and I's student loans. Naturally, we went out to eat to celebrate.

I've learned a lot about myself in the month that I have started 3fatchicks and lost five pounds---I've learned how much I got this! And I've learned how much I can do this! The women and men on these boards are very inspiring, and they always manage to help me find that inner strength within myself to become the woman I want to become.

I am getting back on the diet bandwagon here--however--I am a little less intense than I was when I started in the beginning---mostly because of how much I have learned about caloric intake, ect. I now know what I can and cannot eat.

When I go out for a burger, I don't eat fries. When my husband wants to go out to a steak house to celebrate our new tax refund, I get a tiny fillet minone. I now know that ranch dressing is a delicacy, not a salad staple--LOL. Yogurt is a good thing to have in the morning, and healthy muffins are fun to make. I now know that even though my husband will moan and groan about how I don't need to lose weight, it's not really up to him---it's up to me. It's nice to know that as I start to eat healthier, my husband, remarkably, starts to see how good healthy eating is good.

Just the other night, my husband wanted to order a pizza with his buddy. I said okay, and he ordered it, and I didn't eat any. Instead I made a nice potato soup, that he later commented at looking "mighty delicious". I will probably making him up an entree soup tonight before he eats crab legs tonight with me. YUM!

I've learned a tremendous amount.

At the spa, I meditated on weight loss. When I finally get to 150, I can go back to the spa for a facial, a salt glow, and a massage. The last time I went, I just reflected on my weight loss goals, I told myself that I need to stay on track, and make sure that I can make it back to the spa for my 150 lb weight goal---I know that I can do it.

I have changed some things in my life and for the better. One of my old drinking buds (I stopped drinknig) is going to start doing Bikrahm Yoga! I'm seeing a tremendous change in my personality and my ability to get along with people. My energy level is higher. It's nice!

I guess that's all there is here.

Hopefully, I'll see some of you on the weekly weigh-in board!
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 117/116.5/113

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Japanophile I've read your blog and I also happened to look at your stats. You are well within normal BMI for your height and weight, actually trending on the low side. I know that everyone has their own insecurities about their body image, no matter their weight/height. But I feel as if the right place for you right now isn't on a weight loss forum. From what you posted, it sounds like you have an emotional disorder associated with food; an eating disorder. I can't give you advice on what you should do/shouldn't do as I have never experienced an eating disorder, or binging/purging for that matter, so it isn't my place to advise. There's a sub-forum here on 3fatchicks for people with eating disorders and I suggest you venture on over there as these ladies (and possibly gents) may have words of wisdom and encouragement for you on how to overcome your difficulties.

Edit to add: Sorry, I actually don't think there is an "eating disorder" sub-forum here. The closest I can find is "Chicks in Control" which is about overeating/binging. I suggest googling a forum more specific to what you are experiencing in order to get your needs met.
I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and respond. I can tell that you are coming from a place of true concern and I appreciate that. But I do think you are misunderstanding a couple of things.
First of all, yes I am aware I have an eating disorder, however, please realize that most people on this website have an eating disorder and emotional issues with food. That is why they are overweight. I know that my few pounds over my happy weight seems like nothing when compared to those people that have over a hundred. Admittedly in my case they are "vanity pounds".

I think what is alarming you is not the binging part (which in itself is an eating disorder), but the purging. The reason I joined this site was because I was simply binging on about a weekly basis and 9 times out of 10 I have just binged. When I was younger I did have a short bulimic period, but I never went below 120 pounds. Actually, by just eating healthy and around 1600 to 1800 calories a day and with moderate exercise I dropped down to 113 and I was in great shape. Thin and muscular. I haven't been exercising or eating normally consistently lately. I've lost a pound then turned around and gained 1.5 pounds. A very slow gain...but still gaining none the less.

If I was 117 pounds and muscular and fit and eating healthy (not binging) then that would be great, but I'm not...I don't know, I guess by being honest I am making myself vulnerable to attacks and disapproval, but honestly I was just needing a little bit of support. If I am not welcome here and no one feels I belong because I throw up once and a while and that puts me in a different eating disorder category than everyone else here then I won't clutter up your forum anymore. Just realize that, like I said, most everyone here has an eating disorder of some kind.
japanophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #40  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I'm not really sure what to say japanophile other than that I know how hopeless and disgusting the binge aftermath is, and I hope you find peace of mind and that peace manifests itself through your habits. Chicks in Control is a good place to find support for binging/purging and compulsive/disordered behaviors. It sounds like you're under an obscene amount of emotional stress and I hope you'll make it over here in one piece for that interpreting gig. I know what it's like to be a normal/healthy weight and still feel fatter than all the manatees in Florida; I'm struggling with that every day.

Yesterday was perfectly on plan, first real "good day" in weeks. Food was clean and balanced, exercise great (my jog kept up for 50 minutes with a few walking breaks - not bad considering I ran once in the past two months), and I woke up the same weight as yesterday but feeling like I'd lost loads all over my body.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:07 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Japanophile I've read your blog and I also happened to look at your stats. You are well within normal BMI for your height and weight, actually trending on the low side. I know that everyone has their own insecurities about their body image, no matter their weight/height. But I feel as if the right place for you right now isn't on a weight loss forum.
japanophile: (Quick caveat- I wasn't able to access your blog so I haven't read that entry). Anyway... I have a regular BMI as well, though a bit on the higher side, but I DO feel that 3FC is the right place for me. Despite the word 'diet' in the site's name, it's ultimately a place to find support and motivation to live healthier lives. I want to lose vanity pounds, but my main focus is to get healthier- to eat better, to learn more about nutrition and fitness, and to make my exercises more productive and effective. I have gained SO MUCH knowledge from 3FC and a lot of support and motivation. I hope you do as well and that you stick around.

We all have additional issues- whether it's being formerly anorexic, binging/purging, body dysmorphia, etc. There are lots of other places online and in real life to seek additional, supplemental support on those issues. But I think everyone who is looking to surround themselves with uplifting, positive examples of health and fitness, and who wants to give others similar support, can come to 3FC. Just because we all have other issues and may need to seek additional resources for those issues does not preclude us from being a part of this supportive, wonderful community.

Many hugs to you and I hope to continue seeing you around
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #42  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanophile View Post
If I was 117 pounds and muscular and fit and eating healthy (not binging) then that would be great, but I'm not...I don't know, I guess by being honest I am making myself vulnerable to attacks and disapproval, but honestly I was just needing a little bit of support. If I am not welcome here and no one feels I belong because I throw up once and a while and that puts me in a different eating disorder category than everyone else here then I won't clutter up your forum anymore. Just realize that, like I said, most everyone here has an eating disorder of some kind.
I think theres more then just the issue of binging here. I'm pretty much the same height as you and I would never go below 130 on my weight because even that is too skinny. You're skinny enough to be worried about being 117 pounds. I think Sweets more concern was the fact that your way underweight for your BMI which isn't healthy at all. No one wants you to go, obviously were all here this is a weight loss site to learn to better ourselves in a mental and even physical aspect and this fourm has helped a lot of people through this journey. I think you need to change your mental aspect and not really need to drop anymore weight. (or worry about being 117 pounds) Learn to love yourself and regain self confidence and whatever else you may need. Were all going to have personal opinions about certain subjects whether people agree or disagree on them. Some people can be harsher critics but sometime we all need a little tough love. Good luck to you, hopefully you find what you need to fine, and coming on here helps you learn a healthier way of life.

Krampus - 50 min jog! I'm envious of you!

librarygirl111 - I'm glad things are going wonderful for you since you started this journey!

===

So I bombed that 360 question test. Oh well I knew it was going to happen anyways. I'm no longer up 8 pounds thank god I went back down to 156 it was probably just because I over ate the other day. I think I was stressing about the test more then I realized because all week I was just binging haha oh well I guess I'm more of a closest emotional eater.

So Boy yesterday deleted his Online dating profiles and I didn't even ask him. So I deleted mine as well. Things seem to be going good as long as I continue to ignore his girlfriend comments because it seems like every time he brings it up but then I ask about it, he plays this stupid game and I get pissed, but obviously theres more going on in his head then he's letting me know. He told me he missed me yesterday heh I love it when he says that because then I get the upper hand. I found since I've become a lot less available (in a mental aspect) he's kind of stepped up his game a bit.

Happy Thu...OMG IT'S FRIDAY!!!! FINALLY!!!

P.S - Anyone talk to Kawaii lately she hasn't been around much, or at all that I've seen. Hope all is good with her!

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 04-08-2011 at 08:42 AM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #43  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to stop in and say HAPPY FRIDAY! I gotta get ready for my drs appointment so not much time but...I saw 163.6 today! I know it'll be up tomorrow but I'm still excited.

I hope everyone has a great day.

----------

No time for personals but wanted to say real quick,

Japanophile I don't think anyone was trying to tell you that you don't belong here, just encouraging you to get more specific support for your issues. Please don't feel unwelcome.

krampus Yay for a good day!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #44  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Hey ladies, I just found this thread!

This week has gone well, it's my first week of 6 workouts, and I'm loving it. I'm down 1.3 this week, and am feeling fiiiiiiiiine. I'm the amazing shrinking woman!

Have a somewhat lazy weekend planned, girls night tonight, where I get my weekly allotment of fried pickles and chicken tenders. C25k W3D2 tomorrow, boyfriends tomorrow night, boot camp sunday. I'm just planning on getting a lot done around the house tomorrow and sunday when I am there. Gotta fit the grocery store in there somewhere...out of cuties. And Trader Joes...almost out of my favorite salsa.

I'm really trying to convince myself to have my acrylic nails removed. They're expensive and I could use the money, but they are a source of comfort and confidence. I've had them for 7 years, and wouldn't have any clue how to transition back to my natural nails. Such an odd thing to be so concerned about....
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #45  
sugar is the devil

Well... I'm off to my colopscopy appointment now. Bah... just want it done and over with so I can "know" what's happening down there...

AND, for the good news, I'm finally down 1 lb... been stuck at 178 for a week or so here...!