Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

Default Time to fess up...

Okay, ladies, time for me to fess up. These extra five pounds can no longer be brushed off as water weight. I hate admitting to failure, but acknowledging it is the first step to getting back on the wagon, right? I'm even updating my ticker to reflect the gain.

I've been a little out of control for the last month or so... It started with a week of house sitting for a friend, and I didn't have my usual options, so I ate really poorly. One week turned into two, which turned into three, and then four, and here we are. Adding insult to injury, all of the junk I've been eating lately has made me feel like crap, which means I don't feel like working out. It's a vicious cycle.

It's time to get serious again. This means that for the next week I'm going back to SB phase 1 so that I can get my body used to eating well again, and I'm also vowing to workout M-F (running M/W/F, taekwondo T/Th).

I'll check back in here and let you know how I'm doing, so please cheer me on and keep me accountable!
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Well you've already been honest with yourself that you get a bit off track, which is a great start and I know what you mean - I was off to a great start and then as the school semester started and I had meetings, classes, work, etc crammed in more and more I couldn't get to my diet fall backs and I gained a little back :/ It's a slippery slope indeed!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

You're not a failure. You just made some poor choices.

You are 100% right. It's a vicious cycle. The good news is that cycle can be turned around RIGHT NOW (as you're doing).

Keep at it. Those pounds will come off.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Whoop whoop!!!

(Those are the cheers for all the great choices you've made to get yourself back on track.)

Whoop whoop!!!

(Those are cheers for learning from past mistakes and realizing you have the power to do things differently now.)

tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Keep going girl! You can do it. You have to anticipate some speed bumps of which you have done.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

You can do it! I'm sure those who've reached their goals can tell you that they've had bad periods where they lost focus. The great thing is that you're being honest to yourself and getting back on track. I had a bad couple of weeks, but it's all about re-focusing and finding that inspiration about why you want to lose weight and channelling it into your routine.

Good luck!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #7  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Can I join you?? I have majorly gotten off track the past TWO months... it's been so bad, i won't even tell you. But I'm planning to eat really well (not quite phase 1 SB, but very very good phase 2!) and get back into the exercise routine. I haven't looked at the scale yet... i'm scared what the damage is. UGH. I will look when i'm back home on Wednesday. I've been on a road trip for the past 10 days... junk food city. And eating bad does not make me want to work out. vicious cycle indeed....
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #8  

Thanks, all! I'm glad to report that yesterday I worked out (25 minutes on the treadmill alternating walking/running, and 20 minutes on the elliptical, plus some light strength training), and I ate perfectly! It's amazing what one day of being back on track does as far as motivating me to stay on plan.

jazzang Please, please join me! It would be great to keep each other accountable.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #9  

Last night I dreamed I went to Dairy Queen and when I woke up I was so relieved it was just a dream and that I hadn't blown it on soft serve ice cream.

Awesome workout at taekwondo last night, and now I'm just waiting for a friend to get off work so we can work out together tonight. I officially feel back on track. I want to eat well, I want to workout-- I'm not forcing myself to do either of these things!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #10  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

good job! I went for a run today after work, and had chicken breast and green beans for dinner. WINNING!!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #11  
We make our happiness :)

S/C/G: 228.8/211/135

Height: 5'6

I was in the same boat about three weeks ago. I gained back half of what I lost simply because I was feeling like crap and my solution was to eat more awful junk food. Finally got back on track this week and am one pound away from where I was. I agree that facing the fact that you may have goofed up always helps set you back on the right track!

Last edited by Muffintine; 07-01-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Muffintine is offline   Reply With Quote