Old 02-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Multivitamin problems? HELP!

I've been taking One-A-Day Weight Smarts multi-vitamins. You have to eat when you take it otherwise you feel like you are going to hurl (NOT pleasant). Normally for breakfast I grab something small and fast (I am NOT a morning person! Lol). If I eat a fruit, I feel ill after taking the multi-vitamin. A pop tart (just one) and I'm fine. USUALLY a granola bar does the trick as well. But suddenly a granola bar isn't doing the trick. This isn't good! I've been planning out my meals about a day in advance so I won't cheat/know what is coming.

If I eat more calories for breakfast it messes up my whole day! It means either I'm over for the day or I have to skip a snack-and I'm hungry!

Does anyone else have this problem? What do you eat with your multivitamin?
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I CANNOT take a multivitamin with iron. period. I has the same problem you are experiencing no matter when or with what i took the vitamin.

I am now taking an adult gummie multivitamin and it works perfect! ZERO sickness!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #3  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Oh, my gosh, you just read my mind. I was considering posting something about this. I am taking the one a day women's vitamin. I started taking it three days ago. The first day I took it late in the day, and I was fine. Yesterday and today I puked after taking it. I ate breakfast first, and my belly was full. I am not sure what the issue is.

I do not think the iron would be bothering me because I have taken iron pills before in the past, and they did not bother me.

Last edited by Asherdoodles87; 02-04-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I had this problem until I started having protein for breakfast. If I took my multi with just a piece of dry toast or a piece of fruit, I'd be ill in about 30 minutes. But, if I take it with 2 oz. of cheese or 2 scrambled eggs, I'm fine.
Something about the protein really helps and I haven't felt even slightly sick since trying it. If you don't eat breakfast, maybe try taking your multi with lunch, since you'll likely have protein with that meal.
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

I had the same problem until I started taking the gummy ones from Costco.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

I find that if I take it in a multi form, I get barfy... if I take them as indivuduals, I'm okay.

Also, I like taking the individuals, because I get to control it more.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #7  

I take them too and feel the same way. I have tried different times of day, with food, without food and it feels the same. Previously I took pre-natal vitamins because for some reason they were the only ones I could stomach. But I am not preggers and not planning on having anymore kids so I figured I should graduate to a different vitamin.
I now take them after lunch which is usually after two egg whites and a yogurt and I still feel sick. But it only lasts for about 5 min so I a suck it up. What can we do?
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey just letting you guys know the gummy vitamins do NOT have calcium in there. And if you aren't taking calcium with vitamin D you won't absorb it. Kind of defeating the purpose of the multivitamin IMO.

Wibble how many calories are you eating a day? You might want to look into eating some protein for breakfast to help keep you fuller longer.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I had this same issue - I switched to the one a day metabolism ones, and its not so bad. I also don't take them with food.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #10  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I use to have that problem when I took that vitamin. Now i take prenatal vitamins. Yea i freaked out when my doc gave them to me lol. Im NOT pregnant but prenatal vitamins are VERY good and easier to digest. I take mine every morning with a small bowl of cereal and im fine!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

I take Solgar Female Multiple - it's absolutely amazing!! I take 1 pill for every meal - 3 total. I've never had any issues feeling sick tho when taking them. The only downside is they smell like **** and my pee turns neon yellow!!! (tmi!) LOL
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

The thing is, I've taken these multivitamins forever...with the granola bar and never had a problem. The only change I can think of is that I'm exercising now...so maybe that has something to do with it? Though I dont see how that is possible.

Beerab: I'm eating about 1200 calories a day. Some days a little more, some days a little less. The problem is that I don't really have time in the mornings to make anything with protien (like eggs). And I don't want to add more calories to the breakfast than I have to...because I prefer to have more snack throughout the day to keep my metabolism going.
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #13  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

I'm slightly anemic, so I have to take an iron supplement. I usually take mine with my multi-vitamin about 30 minutes after dinner. I have a weak stomach for medicines too.
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

I've never had this problem with multivitamins. I take Walmart's generic One Daily Women's Pro-Active multivitamin. I take it a few min before I leave for the gym or for work, after I eat breakfast (which is a bowl of Special K w/ almond milk and a glass of V8 juice). I've never felt sick.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I take the One A Day Women's Active Metabolism multivitamins in the morning with my oatmeal and they don't make me sick. However, the taste of the pill right before I swallow it is definitely kind of nasty! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote