Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #76  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

So I definitely HAVE to get it kicked up a knotch. Jim and I got married when I was pregnant...so we didn't have the big cerimony, reception, etc. We're doing it this year...and I have 5 months until I wedding dress shop...EEK. I can totally get down 60lbs by then. I'd be happy with that.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

How exciting Mel!!

Well my husband finally noticed my hair yesterday. He says, your hair is darker isn't it? I said yea, and pointed out his delay in noticing. and that so far everyone has said the exact same thing... I like it!! And he immediately says, I like it! lol He always complains when I tell him what I plan to do with my hair but when I do it he loves it... so I stopped telling him my plans.

Tonight is Thai night with a couple friends. I still have to figure out what I am making but I am looking forward to a healthy veggie meal.

How are you all doing?
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #78  
Marianne

I'm actually pretty excited about weigh in today. I haven't felt excited in a few weeks. I had a really good week tracking wise. And I don't care HOW I feel...I have to start working out a little bit this week. Even if it's just the ab circle. I think that'll help with some of the depression. I'm on anti-depressants...but sometimes I need an extra boost. I blame the horrendus weather and cabin fever. I just want to be outside and take the kids for a walk and play with them in the back yard. Spring cannot come soon enough!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #79  

I don't know how you guys do it over in cold snow country. We had a week of cloudy fog and I was all depressed and didn't want to do anything. I grew up in MI and used to get seasonal depression but now I think I would die of cabin fever! lol

I was worried about today at work being Goodie Day and all. We had 2 men bringing stuff in so I thought for sure it would be doughnuts and crap but one of them brought in low fat yogurt, granola and bananas!!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #80  
Marianne

Mmmmm...I love Banannas.

My favorite breakfast is a Bananna with Low Fat Peter Pan Peanut Butter and a yogurt.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #81  

looks like it's you and me today, Mel. LOL And your breakfast sounds great!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Howdy!
Busy day!
Ate my lunch for breakfast...and now I don't want oatmeal for lunch. I knew that would happen.
Hope all is going well. Will catch up soon!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #83  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

hey ladies

mel- glad you're doing better! i know ny has been getting slammed with snow, my mom has been miserable all winter...i def don't miss those snowy winters.

i made myself a smoothie for breakfast, along with a nutri grain waffle. milk, frozen berries, and a banana. yay for my magic bullet!

super sore today. i think i'm taking a rest day today from the workout. my body is really telling me no. i'll take a walk later just to move around a bit, but no tracy anderson for me today.

dinner tonight is a burger with scallions and paprika mixed in, with oven fries and sauteed spinach with garlic. what are you all having?

Last edited by fillupthesky; 02-09-2011 at 08:07 PM.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #84  
Marianne

Well...I was doing really well today. I thought I had a fantastic week. I gained 3.2...I have no idea how.

I'm thinking of going back to momentum.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #85  
trying to impress myself

don't let the scale be the only indicator. if you're feeling good, keep going with that.

there's a thread for members who've switched back, if you want to check it out-

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...tum-users.html
Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #86  
Marianne

I was so upset yesterday. I had such a good food week...I expected to see a loss.

I've been retaining some water...mostly due to all the problems I've been having...and BM issues due to the pain meds I'm on...that's the only thing I can think of...other than too much fruit. I'm going to cut back on my daily allowance a bit so I don't have to worry about having too much fruit.

I figure I'm going to give this 2 more weeks to see if I do another flip flop and then if I do, I'm going back to Momentum.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #87  

Fill- you meals sound great. Last nights Thai dinner came out really good. I made skinnytaste's fried rice. A friend made tofu in peanut sauce and the other made a REALLY good Thai soup from scratch. I was so stuffed on good healthy food. I had like 2 servings of the rice though. It was good.

Mel- sorry to hear about the disappointing weigh in. Our bodies are strange machines. I am staying away from the scale this week, TOM.

I am still having workout motivation issues. I can't wait for daylight savings. I need more daylight!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Howdy!

mel - sorry to hear that! I can definitely relate about having a great week only to gain. Meds suck...they can really screw with your body. I hope you and your doctor figure things out!
fill - I had a horrible dinner last night. Ugh. It's been a bad couple of days. I am going to make skinnytaste Shepard's pie at some point. Yum.

So I overslept about 2 hours today. Meaning I missed boot camp. I'm super disappointed in myself. But on that note, I feel like I'm getting sick. So I can't be too down on myself.
So yesterday I bought a book for women runners. I'm really excited. I want to run a half marathon at Disneyland for my birthday. It is 205 days away. (little over six months). Is that do-able? I mean, I went over the training plan for the half marathon and if I do C25K before that, I think I can do it (it will fit time-wise). I'll be starting part way through C25K, also (week 3?). I think it would be a great birthday present to myself. And a goal to have. Since I'm goal-less (well...besides the whole losing weight thing lol). I'm reluctant to tell people about it because I was going to do a 5k in October, but didn't. And I just don't know what people will think, you know? I'm not a runner at this point. And my grandfather is kind of blunt. I feel like if I tell him he won't really believe in me. (after starting boot camp and being very sore he said "well duh, you've been a lump for a couple of years." nice, huh?). How are you all doing today?
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #89  
trying to impress myself

mel- you know, my smoothie yesterday was something like 7 points- and it consisted of a banana, a few frozen strawberries, and 1% milk. i was huh? i know a banana has points, but really? so yeah, maybe having more veg versus fruit might help.
also, i plug almost everything into a recipe, as there are so many "hidden" points like that. stay positive

kay- yum! thai soup from scratch? your friend needs to pass along the recipe. i'm a soup fiend....i made stracciatella soup a couple of days ago. she has it on skinny taste. my mom (i'm italian...well, sicilian really) used to make it all the time. i just put in 1 oz of cooked chicken that i had left over and put in 1 oz of pasta. it was just for me
maybe finding some more exercises that you like doing? i sometimes struggle with it too, but i find that if i like what i'm doing, i'm more likely to stick to it.
what's your current exercise? maybe changing it up?

i'm still sore, but i think i can work out today. gonna make some lunch and head out to run some errands.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #90  
trying to impress myself

ade- my friend is currently training for a half marathon. she recently lost 60lbs. she's been training so far for about 3 months, and she's running about 8 miles with (relative) ease. i think you could definitely do it. she runs 5 times a week, usually 5 miles at a time, and goes for the 8 miles 2 times a week, sometimes 3 if she has the time. don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. just take a stab at it. i think its a great goal to set for yourself. if you feel people in your life won't encourage you, you don't have to tell them. we'll for sure be rooting for you!

Last edited by fillupthesky; 02-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.