Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

Kellog's Fiber Plus bars have a new flavor called 'Caramel Coconut.' They taste EXACTLY like the Girl Scout's Samoa/CaramelDelight cookies and they are only 3p+ per bar. I think I'm in love!
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #32  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

So ladies, this week I started really working out (pretty intensely). Now I am STARVING. ALL.THE.TIME. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do?
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #33  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

kay- that's sooooooooo cute!!!! i'm so not crafty. i wish i was though.

mmel- congrats on the 2.4lb loss just focus on the successes.
i'm not sure if you read my previous posts; i've been feeling in pretty blah lately too. i try not to let stuff bring me down, but sometimes its hard not to. i bet all that snow in ny isn't helping. exercise is always a good boost, endorphines and all.

i was never into girl scout cookies. except for thin mints. i have been known to finish a box in like 2 days.

skinnycow- i think its pretty normal to feel more hunger if you've been working out hardcore. i would maybe add a snack? like a light salad with a few ounces of chicken or turkey, or an egg...or high protein cottage cheese. do go to a weekly WW meeting? you could always ask your leader
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Catahoula- Thanks for the recipe. I LOVE new recipes.

Skinnycow- I totally go through the hunger stages. I always drink a glass of water or grab an apple to hold me over until meal time. I love it though since I know my body is burning all it's fuel!

Fillupthesky- Thanks. I can't keep myself from crafting! it's a sickness. lol

Well I passed a crazy accident on my way into work this morning. I take a quiet county road in but today I noticed people slowing WAY down and then saw the bottom of a car on it's roof in a ditch. My heart just sank. I really hope the person was ok. That is one of my biggest fears, flipping in a ditch but with water in it. People have died in 1 ft of water because they are knocked out and upside down. Anyway that woke me up!
I had a friend over for Ethiopian food last night which came out pretty good and it was all very healthy. While I don't know how many pts I ate I am not worried about it. It was all veggies, lentils and some of the flat bread which is basically fermented flour and water. Yummy.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #35  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

IDK why I've been having such a hard time staying positive lately. I'm usually more upbeat than this.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

hey...I promise i'll catch up with the posts either today or tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure you've all seen skinnytaste.com. She's got loads of recipes and includes pts+ (on most) and pts for all of her recipes. I'm in a total I want to cook all weekend mood right now. We can do this ladies! (me trying to be positive). Have a lovely day!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #37  

Okay, so I'm catching up!
mmel - well happy 2 years! Sorry your hubby didn't get you anything And it seems like a lot of us are having a hard time staying positive. Just gotta keep on pushing and reminding ourselves not only of our goals, but WHY we have those goals!
cat - I definitely want to try out that fiber 1 bar! YUM!
skinnycow - I just started working, quite literally, my butt of with exercise. I haven't experienced insane hunger. But I'm not quite on plan, either. I say if you are STARVING (and didn't blow all of your points on something like a 35 pt meal from McDonald's, which I'm known to do), definitely eat. You shouldn't feel starving on this plan. Glass of water helps. And there is always that free fruit!
kay - I hate passing accidents. They make me sad. I was almost in a really bad accident a few years back and that really screwed with my head. Couldn't imagine actually being in one.
fill - we do different things each day at boot camp. This week has been tough because Monday made my lower body sore, Tuesday made my upper body sore, and Wednesday and Thursday workouts used both. So I had a hard time keeping up. I'll get there.

So my boyfriend has been backpacking one weekend each month for the past few months. And he has really wanting me to go. That's part of the reason I decided to start boot camp. I've always wanted to get in shape, but needed something to push me. And I haven't gone backpacking because I knew I would hold the group back. So for our anniversary he got me a really nice backpacking backpack (that sounds so repetitive, but just saying backpack doesn't work either lol). He also got a mat to sleep on, and a bunch of stuff apparently you take backpacking. And he's going to take me to get hiking boots this weekend. I told him it is going to be a couple of weeks before I go, but I'm getting pretty excited.
I'm not looking forward to my meeting tonight. I've been up on my scale at home. I know I'm not drinking enough water, so that's supposed to be bad when you are working your muscles so hard. We'll see what happens. I hope everyone's week is going a lot faster than mine. Work is blah, so it's really dragging.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #38  

Ade- How fun! Where are you going to hike? My husband and I used to go camping and do some light hiking back when he wasn't working all the time. I really miss that. For a few years we used to go all over cali, since we are from the midwest, and try to see as many parks and monuments as possible. Now everything I have left to see is down your way.
OK Miss cook.... what are you making this weekend?

Mel- Don't feel bad about being so down. I know I can really bring myself even further down just thinking about how blah I have been. Sometimes I go through a few months of depression, if not more! You will bounce back!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #39  

I'm not sure where we are going. His friend usually picks and he doesn't usually find out until they are on their way (which I hate because what if something happens and nobody knows where he is???). I have printed out recipes for baked jalepeno poppers, corned beef and cabbage, crepes, roasted broccoli with garlic, greek turkey meatballs with Tzatziki sauce, asian meatballs with lime sesame dressing, Sheppard's pie, and mini meatloaves. I'm not quite sure where to start. But I'm excited!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #40  

Man I am a planning freak so there is almost no way I couldn't know where I was going. Sounds fun though. The recipes sound great, especially the meatballs. Wish I were having that for dinner tonight. I might do wild rice soup or pork chops tonight. I just don't feel like cooking.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #41  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I think I am going to start working out in the AM... I think working out at night, after I have consumed many of my points has been somewhat of a downfall.

Ade- I had a good laugh about your "backpacking backpack". I travel a bunch for work, and while I am normally in hotels with my rollie suitcase, I have done a few trips where said backpack was necessary so I had to go a hiking store and ask for a "backpacking backpack."

Mmel- I think everyone feels a bit down in the Winter... especially this winter as it has been especially cold and nasty. No worries, you'll bounce back!

Like I said before, I started legitimately working out this week (sore muscles and all) and think I might have a gain. Boo.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #42  

I didn't make any of the recipes for dinner. Thursdays always seem long because I have my meetings and I didn't want to go grocery shopping. Normally I'd drive through somewhere. Instead I stopped at Target to get a foam roller (amazing, btw. My muscles feel fabulous) and ended up just getting a lean cuisine. Not perfect, considering the sodium, but I was pretty proud of myself. At my meeting I was up .6. And I'm okay with that, especially after seeing a 3+ lb gain on my personal scale this week. I know I'm not drinking enough water, too. I bought a 32 ounce water bottle and my goal is to drink three of them each day (starting tomorrow).

skinnycow - I like AM workouts much better. Obviously whatever works for you, but I always end up not doing it if I plan it for the evening. Plus, it is rather refreshing actually being awake when I arrive to work.
kay - I'm a total planner, too. It's funny because bf is the opposite. Don't worry, I'll know where we are going before we leave. And I think the only reason I feel like cooking is because after working out I feel like I can't cheat myself by eating poorly. And I got paid on Monday.

So round two of the taco potluck today (they put all of the leftovers out during lunch). I'm very proud of myself. I didn't touch a single thing. Not a single girl scout cookie. Not a single taste of cake. Not a single taco or enchilada. I may have had a rollo (is that what they are called?), but overall, I'm calling this a win. Any plans for superbowl? It's always been a very high calorie party day for me. I'm resisting this year and just not going anywhere. Luckily the boy doesn't like sports.
Well, my goal is to be asleep by nine, so I'm out of here. Hope you guys are having a good night. Tomorrow is Friday, finally!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #43  
trying to impress myself

hey everyone-

so i think some of us are on the blah bandwagon. i know a big part of it for me is being unemployed and away from a my friends and family in nyc. but i know if i move back in with my parents, i'll go off plan and ruin the progress i've made. plus, i like my freedom. but, i'm a social person, and i'm so isolated here. don't have many people to hang out with. i spend wayyyy too much time alone. and not having a job makes me feel all the more unproductive, and bad about myself. blah. and i'm seriously considering breaking up with my bf. after all, he did abandon me here (for no good reason) and he's been terribly mean to me lately and unsupportive. i told myself i'd give it a chance, but at this point, it don't know if i'm able to tolerate his behavior. but it's hard to let go. ok sorry, needed to vent.

mmel- i get where you're coming from, i'm usually way more cheerful and positive about things, even when things get rough. i've been through worse, and always managed to get through it all with grace and positive attitude. even my progress with being on plan, exercising, and losing weight isn't doing it for me. and i feel awful about it because that's something that i've worked hard for and i SHOULD be BEAMING about it. we'll get through. let's keep our heads up and paste smiles on our faces. even if we don't feel like it. i DVR episodes of the nanny- it makes me laugh

ade- were all those recipes from skinnytaste? they sound pretty awesome...let us know how they turn out and congrats to your win at the offce today

ps- ade and skinnycow- how do you guys workout with sore muscles? i've never been able to do that...i know i'm weak...lol
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #44  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

I feel really dissapointed in myself I think. At this point...I think I should have lost more weight...I should be more dilligent. I want this so bad...but at the same time...lately...I just feel like I don't have the drive for it. I want to take an easy way out...which isn't healthy...any easy route isn't healthy.

Before I got pregnant with the twins...I started binging and purging...because it eliminated the guilt...obviously once I got pregnant I stopped that. I did it a few more times after I had them...but haven't since I started Weight Watchers.

I have 44 points a week right now on Points Plus...and with the Weekly additional points...I feel like I still find a way to binge a day or two...within my weekly point range. I know I could make better choices. But then I hear my WW leader say, "If you have the points for it...don't feel guilty for using your extra points for a treat".

I know that this is masking a deeper issue...and I know that I need some sort of therapy...but I feel like if I do that...then I have to admit to everyone in my life that I have a real problem...that I mask with food. And I don't want to do that.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:14 AM   #45  
trying to impress myself

i feel you- i binge too (never purged though), and have since i was a teenager. i haven't binged for almost three months now, which is the longest stretch for me. but it's a constant struggle. therapy really did help me work through it.

treats are cool. but if you feel like having them is throwing you off totally, maybe not having them might help? you have to find some sort of happy medium that works for you. after i stopped bingeing, i saw some results...that kept me going on the no bingeing. personally, i hate feeling deprived. i stick to my pts daily, and at the end of the week, i give myself that meal. i started doing that a couple of weeking into the program. i feel a binge brewing, especially since i've been so "blah". trying to squash the urge.

if you're not comfortable telling everyone what's going on, and about going to therapy then don't. you don't have an obligation to, and don't feel like you have to. it's your business, and whom you choose to share it with is up to you. if anyone asks questions- "i'm taking a yoga class" or something.

also, tell yourself that you do have control over this. take it day by day, hour by hour. own this, know that you can do it. sometimes just the shift in attitude can make all the difference in the world.
hope this helps.
to you mmel

Last edited by fillupthesky; 02-04-2011 at 05:16 AM.