Old 01-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/228/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Disappointed in myself..........

I'm new to the weightloss journey but I've been doing really well. Friday morning was my official weight-in and I was down 7lbs! Skip to Friday around 4, my co-workers asked me to go have a drink, and I politly refused. They would not leave me alone about it, "Come one, just come out for a little bit." This went on until I left work at 5:30. When I left I was feeling so bad for turning them down. (Note, I just recently moved from Oklahoma to Texas, same job just different office, and have mentioned to my co-workers about not knowing anyone or ever going out). I felt bad since they made an effort to invite me and I turned them down. Anyways, I decided to go........1 drink turned into too many. I'm not just disappointed because I had too much to drink.....I'm really disappointed because I worked my butt off all week just to take a step backwards. This isn't just about weightloss for me, it's a complete life change. It's about making a commitment to myself and actually keeping it. I'm just disappointed that I let myself feel guilty for not going and I let that guilt convince me to backtrack, ya know?!
Barbi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Don't stress about it now; just learn from it and it sounds like you have. Think how you'll handle it next time, though. What would you do different? Will you ask a few out to do something other than eat/drink one night? Would you stick with your refusal to go? Would you go and have one drink and stop there - have ice water with lime or something? Use this as something to learn from and all is not lost! Keep up the activity this week - and you'll be proud for not letting that backslide into more. You CAN do this!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #3  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

You don't always have to say no.

What I would do, I would order a Bacardi and Diet Coke...nurse it for a while...and then drink diet coke after that. You can still participate socially...but you don't have to drink a lot to do it.

Don't beat yourself up...you can always re-adjust.

I had a bad past 5 days...I'm back on track...it happens to all of us...no matter what plan your own or how long your "bad day" was for.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

As long as you learn from this experience you are fine. I've been here over 2 years and am STILL learning. Am I a million times healthier than when I first started here? HECK YES. I may not be at goal but the bigger lessons like eating properly and exercising are also something I'm proud of.

Next time if you go just have a diet coke like has already been suggested. That way you can have a good time and not get drunk- if anyone asks why you aren't drinking just say you are cutting back.

Last edited by beerab; 01-24-2011 at 01:03 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

i agree with mmell- it was okay to go, its just maybe next time you need a plan for what you will do in social situations-- its hard moving to a new place and part of living life is being social. maybe you can find yourself a signature cocktail that is low in cal-- mine is vodka and soda with a slice of lime--- and then a no cal beverage to drink-- i just like plain soda water-- if you have the munchies, maybe eat the carrots off the buffalo wings (just because whenever i'm out SOMEONE always ends up ordering wings haha) or maybe keep a low cal snack in your purse.

long story short, dont feel bad! no one is perfect and we just move on and continue to do our best. :]
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is entirely possible to go to a bar and have a 7UP or a plain tonic.Hint, only you and the bartender need to know.!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/199/140

Height: 5"3

Don't beat yourself up about it. As everyone has been saying, learn from it and move on. One night won't do you any harm and you know you can stick to a plan now. Good luck with your journey
BekiCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/228/140

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I will NOT beat myself about it....I WILL get back on track and I WILL accomplish my goal! Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it!
Barbi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #9  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Maybe next time you can offer to be the designated driver or something? Then you won't feel the pressure to drink and you get to spend time with your coworkers.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'5

I'm really glad you're not berating yourself over it and getting back on track - that's definitely the best and most healthy attitude! Just remember it could have been a lot worst, and you didn't allow this one misstep spiral into a whole weekend of eating badly. You should be proud of yourself that you're taking control of your diet, and that you are staying motivated.
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/210/140

Don't worry about it. We all have setbacks occasionally. What matters is that you get right back on track afterwards and keep going. I lost 16 pounds (I was almost out of the 200s) before the holidays rolled around and I gained back 7 pounds. Yeah, I was disappointed, which is natural, but I kept my goal in mind and knew that I just had to keep going. A gain of 7 pounds is not going to stop me from losing the 60+ pounds that I want to lose.
Northern Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 282/231/190

Height: 5'10

The last few weeks I've allowed myself a cheat day. Basically I follow my regular meal plan for breakfast, morning snack, and lunch. Then depending if I'm going out for dinner with friends, or drinks, I'll skip my afternoon and evening snack to save for supper, or drinks. So far it's been working pretty well, and then I don't feel like I'm completely cheating myself out of everything.
nessalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #13  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

I agree with everyone that you can still go and have a good time, just learn that one doesn't haven't to turn into two, or three etc.
You can't expect a life change to happen, then have to turn down all offers of social activity. Just because you want to get healthier doesn't mean you have to be a hermit at the same time!
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #14  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenzideRhae View Post
Maybe next time you can offer to be the designated driver or something? Then you won't feel the pressure to drink and you get to spend time with your coworkers.
This! That way you can keep people safe, socialize, and keep your diet! You totally don't have to drink to have fun! I RARELY drink and have tons of fun out with friends. ^_^
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #15  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

I guess it is all about control right? I totally understand. I hat when I drink and then i bloat and then.... before you know it i am back where I was... I look it like a minor 2 day set back on a 2 year journey. Dont stress gurl!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote