Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #1  
Getting healthy!

Height: 5'7"

Cool How often do you treat yourself?

I am talking, of course, food wise. Given that we are all trying to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight, I'd assume that we all cut down down on certain foods that you enjoy. But, sometimes you just have to treat yourself. For example, I did something I was very proud of myself for today, because I don't ever think I would have been able to do it on my own, so I came home and baked some cinnamon buns for everyone. I probably haven't had those in a year! I probably treat myself to something I wouldn't normally allow myself once a month. Maybe twice, if I'm doing really super good on exercising.

So, how about you ladies?

Last edited by Paramedic; 01-10-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Paramedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I usually treat myself every day to something small. I think if i waited too long then i would just binge when i did have a small amount as i would want more.
now some people are different, I know some people wont give themselves a treat until they reach a certain goal or wait for a certain day of the week.

And its usually something real small like a cookie or reese cup snack size. Yet i find that if i have a little i usually wont want anymore.

if you find you cant eat something you really want right now without going overboard then dont! Some people can't. But if you feel that you can have something small here and there then i say go for it, we are only human and we do live only once.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #3  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

That's a great one!

I usually don't treat myself to anything over a certain amount of calories but I do treat myself on occassion to a slice of cake or somethign, I just fit it into my calories for the day but that is a once every 2-3 weeks thing.

BUT, the one thing I ALWAYS treat myself of is FRENCH FRIES. I'm addicted, SO if I go to boot camp everyday for 4 weeks, I get an order of french fries on Saturday AND Sunday. But it stops there and then the four weeks start over. IT's a great motivator and I find I don't miss them nearly as much because they are SO MUCH BETTER when I've waited 4 weeks to eat them lol
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I eat whatever I want on weekends, but in terms of weekday "good" eating I try to "take it easy" during the week by not eating more than 250 calories of dessert if I eat dessert.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

I rarely eat something considered a "treat". A lot of times my treat is mexican food. haha. But I eat mexican mayyybe once every couple of months, pre-weight loss I ate it nearly once a week! I LOVE mexican and will never give it up completely.

As for desserts, I am not one for sweets so it's easier for me. For the holidays I would get half of a pumpkin roll or my birthday I ate a smaller piece of cake. I don't put anything off limits, I just make sure I eat those things rarely and in small portions.

I think I probably treat myself in some way at least once a month. I'm sure I eat something I shouldn't that often. haha
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #6  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley829 View Post
I rarely eat something considered a "treat". A lot of times my treat is mexican food. haha. But I eat mexican mayyybe once every couple of months, pre-weight loss I ate it nearly once a week! I LOVE mexican and will never give it up completely.

As for desserts, I am not one for sweets so it's easier for me. For the holidays I would get half of a pumpkin roll or my birthday I ate a smaller piece of cake. I don't put anything off limits, I just make sure I eat those things rarely and in small portions.

I think I probably treat myself in some way at least once a month. I'm sure I eat something I shouldn't that often. haha
I am a sucker for Mexican as well. REAL Mexican food, not that American mexican crap. I love me some beans and rice! I actually had some over Christmas break and it was phenomenal!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Once a month for me. Its usually pre-planned because ill be thinking about it all month lol. Its one meal of whatever i want.
WeightForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #8  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

If I'm having a good month.... once every other week if it's something really out there like McDonald's or something. If it's just some extra calories and things I won't normally eat, once a week.... but I usually try figuring that into my calories for the day and just end up with higher numbers (but not that high). And when I say a good month.... I mean one not like the past one I've had with the bleeping holidays!! lol
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #9  
Getting healthy!

Height: 5'7"

Oh man, I didn't even think about foods that weren't sweets. There's this huge bowl of Pho (Thai noodle soup, basically ) that I have to have every few weeks, because of how much stuff is in it, and how HUGE the bowl is. But it's so good.

Paramedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #10  

Well so far in my journey I havent had to cut anything out completely. If I want something, I have it (in small quantities). However, I definitely DO NOT eat out as often as I used too when I was living back home. Now eating out means a date night with my husband (once ever week to week and half). I cook dinner at home every night besides that

And Pho, OH MY GOODNESS I WANT SOME! Ok we dont have any pho places here where I live in North Carolina. But had some awesome places back in California. One of the things I miss ) Hehe
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I treat myself a least once a week, lol... but differently than I used to when I was heavy. I will treat myself one of those dessert yogurts from Yoplait if I had a good workout or I will treat myself with a new fruit, something more expensive than what I normally buy, or a healthy new recipe I've been wanting to try but uses different food than what I normally buy. So yes, I treat myself... but in healthy ways. =)
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

About every other day. Just to prove to myself there a "good" days.

But I also redefine what a treat is. It's now a cup of Tropicana 50, or a small piece of dark chocolate (1/2 oz or less), or 3 spoonfuls of ice cream, or extra fuit in my oatmeal.

I've cut out cookies, pastries, donuts and cake, with the exception of what is given to me for free. I'm mentally recalibrating myself to view those as things that do not need to be purchased directly - since they "appear" often enough in social settings.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

i treat myself a few times weekly, but those treats are diet treats like a sugar free hot chocolate, a piece of dark chocolate or sugar free latte. i try to make diet desserts, they are never as good, but i find that if i eat the real thing my cravings come back. i try to make healthy versions of things i like, like tacos with low carb tortillas or pizza with flat out wraps. if i am stalled i will probably have to cut out the little treats.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

I have a cheat day once a week. I did that before when I lost 30lbs in one summer & it worked great. I had something to look forward to every week & all I had to do was make it a few more days & I could have oreos or pizza or whatever. That's just what works best for me
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

I just did an hour ago, and don't I feel horrible about it!!

Yesterday I did the same thing..I had 7 pizza rolls, 5 chicken nuggets and 2 potato skins...today, somewhere around 10 chicken nuggets and 2 potato skins .

I need my treadmill! :P
Kruez2 is offline   Reply With Quote