Old 12-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #106  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

ekicna - YAY on being down 4.2!!! woot!

miz - I know exactly how you feel on working out! lol... It's amazing how fast your body will change though since you've done it before!

rainbow - I'm gunna have to go back and look again, I'm so interested to see some of your paintings! I really would love one! Your day alone sounds like great fun! I wish there was somewhere around me like a downtown with lots of shops outside... we only have 1 outdoor mall anywhere near here and it's a little snooty, lol. I love to go there, but it's not somewhere I can go and get little things for people. Good luck to your bf on his ride with his friends!

sun - I totally ate potato chips and sour cream yesterday also, I can't tell you how my tummy hurts today, that will not happen again. =/ Go you for cleaning! A couple of nice rest days are well deserved for you and just in time for the holidays!

My weekend was busy, but fun. I really woke up this morning before the alarm and thought it was sunday... somewhere in there I missed a day, lol. Saturday, my sister lets us take her kids for a few hours and that was FUN! She's never let us before and we LOVE those little girls, so my husband and I were really excited about it. We took them to these little shops by our house, over to my husband's parents to pet their horses, to McDonald's for dinner, picked apples, out to frozen yogurt where they could pick their toppings, then to a couple of stores to shop. =) It was so much fun!!! Sunday we went to my friend's son's bday party and it was warm and loud, lol. Then to the grocery store and home to relax. I've still only got one star day on my calendar and that's for last Friday.... but I anticipate a star today! On the plus side also, every other day has been a circle day - so no days that I was horrible. I'm going for a run tonight and I'm excited to get back in my shoes! lol

Last edited by stargzr; 12-13-2010 at 11:06 AM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #107  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

rainbow I am sorry your eye is acting up again I remember when I worked retail and it was sooo tiring. Did you get your ipod back yet?

steph Yeah my tummy was hurting too. sounds like your weekend was so fun. I bet your nieces love you to death I love that you have great days and soso day marks. Tell me how you like your new shoes!

So today has started good do far. But more xmas making today and I am already playing mind games with myself trying to resist a snickerdoodle. bleh I hope i will keep it together. I was up this morning on the scale. so water water water.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #108  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Guess what ladies?! Today I made my first mini goal! I am 159! I also really worked my butt off at the gym today! Sally and I made it all the way through a half hour kick boxing video! Then we hit the circuit training for 45 minutes, then cooled down on the eliptical for 10 minutes.

For lunch, I had a ceasar pasta salad for 310 calories, and a 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple for 70 calories. I am very proud of me today!

Have I told you all how much it means to me that I can come here and tell all of you? Thanks for all of your support!

Great job to the rest of you! I know we all can do this!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Stephanie Oh I remember a kind of snooty type outdoor mall type place when we visited some place in California..it was called..Santana Row haha. It was really pretty but definitely not like an "everyday" shopping place. I didn't buy anything in the weekend. Boyfriend's ride went well, it was something crazy like 160 kilometres - not sure what that is in miles. Your weekend sounds like it was lots of fun!! Hope you got another star day!

sun Yeah I'm sorry too..bleurgh, my eye, I hate it. Seriously one of the most frustrating things at a frustrating time as well. No iPod yet but I have Zumba after work today and then I'm going to my parents for dinner/the night so I'll get it while I'm there. Hopefully treadmill tomorrow and jog outside on Thursday...and Friday I don't know if I'll get exercise in because of work, but I will make sure I definitely attempt some in the weekend! Christmas baking is scary, huh...I'm kind of avoiding my sister's place for that exact reason, she loves to bake and she loves to bake heavy delicious sweet things - no regard for low fat or low cal...so I'm avoiding her house. She told me at the moment she has some kind of cashew toffee brittle and some peppermint chocolate fudge. I'm not usually into sweet things either really...but sometimes I crave them!

Andejean Congrats on your mini goal! Well done!!

~Weather here in Auckland NZ has turned crappp. It's sticky and hot and muggy .. and pouring with rain. Bleurgh. I hate summer rain, and I dislike humidity quite a lot as well. Zumba could be hard after work, although work is less busy today due to the weather. Got all my food for the day ready, I'm getting good at preparing it before I leave for work. Need to work on the fruit and veges again though!
Going to see the optometrist tomorrow for a check of my prescription so I'm hoping he'll be albe to tell me what the problem with my eye is, as I don't think it's conjunctivitis/pink eye at all now. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #110  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Rainbow – I know...lol now I’m just being ******ed haha.
Sun – thank you!
Star – oh I know...at one point it felt great and all I wanted to do was workout...then I stopped and now it’s getting back into it.

So today is Monday I’m going to do a workout for the next 5 days. Today I did work out 1 and that was JM 30 day shred. I figure I’ll work my way back up into her super *** hard 20 minute video and once I get pumped up again I’ll go into the longer ones and start workout longer. But I must work my way up into it and can’t just assumes I’ll be able to do a fill 50 minute JM video without burning myself out. Yea I probably could, but I’d rather work my way into it instead of rush it. So congrats to me on my fresh start...Mondays are always a good day to do it. Plus with my new schedule for work, seems great time to start fresh.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi All!!! It's been a while since I posted but I have been peaking in to keep up to date with everyone!!

It sounds like all of you are doing wonderful. Even if there are slips here and there, it seems like they're being recognized and overcome. That's good in my books!

I still haven't managed to get into the workout routine but I intend to change that. I won't be getting home until a little late tonight so will get my butt out to a spinning class tomorrow! I could go out for a 6:15am class if I really wanted to. .... maybe i'll just aim for 6:15pm instead. And I'm going to re-establish my workout with weights as that's what I enjoy the most and find the most rewarding.

On another note, we saw our boxer puppy for the first time yesterday! He was a little cutey patootie. His name will be Bronson and we're picking him up to come home on Dec 29th. SO EXCITED!

Hope that everyone had a great weekend... and here's to us having a great on-plan week!

Here's a pic of our little Bronson. I forgot my camera so it's the best I could get on my blackberry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bronson baby.jpg (9.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by prepping; 12-13-2010 at 06:35 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #112  

sun - I hope they enjoyed their time with us as much as we loved having them by ourselves! My new shoes are great! It's so nice to have the proper support again! How'd it go with the snickerdoodle?

rainbow - I totally forgot to pm you! I will do it just as soon as I finish typing this. =) Wow! 160km? I'm not sure how many that equates to either, I just know it's A LOT! lol Santana Row, huh? I'll have to google it and see whereabouts it is. You can come here and visit in our nice weather! lol It's very much a Southern California winter right now... goes low into the 50s, then back up into the 80s, haha. I love it here! Have fun at Zumba and keep us updated on your eye!

andejean - Yay for the mini goal and working out! Your lunch sounds so yummy!!

miz - I'm sure you'll meet your goal of 5 workouts this week! work it off chickie!! lol

prepping - Aww, how cute is he? Where'd you come up with the name? I wouldn't worry too much about the workouts, don't they say it's 80% diet?? That's where I have my problems, lol.

So yesterday was surprisingly boring... My husband's car has been leaking coolant (little drips here and there), but he had a huge puddle on saturday, then nothing sunday (so we thought we were good). We carpooled to work yesterday and he dropped me, then went to the gym. He said he left the gym and huge puddle again. sigh. He doesn't have any time left off work, so I was the designated repair person. I ended up at the dealership from 12-4pm yesterday... so that was fun, NOT. Anywho, the good news is that it is fixed now so no worries there. =) After that fiasco I was ready to shop! So we went and got all our Christmas shopping for my nieces done. Now *that* was a fun time! hehe
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #113  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

oh boy ladies... I thought the fact that I made it through the whole kickboxing video meant I was in Okay shape... not this morning! I feel like I've been hit by a truck! I was wracking my brain all day today trying to figure out why I feel like I've gone through a meat grinder... am I coming down with the flu? Did the Chiropractor pinch a nerve or something? No silly.... it was the kickboxing! So no kick boxing tomorrow, maybe Friday. I'll work up to it, LOL
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #114  
Lifes a Journey

Star - 2 down 3 to go

So I did JM No more trouble zones I worked my way through the whole thing yes I had to break a few times I aint not super woman...but I still did a pretty good workout. Somethings up with my elbows tho, so I don't do the push ups, instead I'll do a plank on that part.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:15 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Stephanie Yay for shopping! Not so yay for broken cars...thanks for the PM yayay I'll try to send your creature tomorrow!!

Finally got the eye situation worked out. I have to wear my glasses for a week, I have eyedrops that are actually called "FML", which is how I feel about having to use them and having to wear glasses haha!! I'm allowed to wear my contacts for short bursts of time - ie exercising or if I want to go out at night. I'm getting a different type of contact lense next week. What happened is that my eye was reacting to the lenses, it just suddenly decided it didn't really like them at all and wasn't getting enough oxygen, which is basically what has caused the ubersensitivity. Eye doc said I was lucky I came in today as it was apparently starting to happen to my other eye as well. Glad I know what the problem is now!!
Trying to decide right now whether going out tonight is a good idea...just went out for dinner with my boyfriend's parents (minus my boyfriend haha) and there is a Christmas party on at a bar I go to kind of regularly...but I don't know if I can be bothered.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #116  

andejean - Good idea on taking a day off. I like to rest until I feel ok again then try again. =) I'm sure you'll be raring to go on Friday!!

miz - Like JM says, if you need a break take a couple of seconds and then get right back into it! =) You sound like you're really keeping up with your workouts, yay for you!!

rainbow - YAY! =D SO glad you finally got the eye situation figured out... really weird that they just randomly decided to be irritated by the lenses. =/ Anywho, hope you get your new lenses early next week so you can be back to your contact-wearing self! lol I love how you put at the bottom that you don't know if you can be bothered to go anywhere, I totally feel like that sometimes! hahaha

Nothing much new with me. I wasn't able to hop on yesterday because... I went to the dentist in the morning for a check-up and got some work done while I was there. Dentist wants to see me again in 4-6 weeks, which I don't mind because I love getting my teeth cleaned! =D Then I was only at work partial day... home to bake cookies and do laundry while watching a Christmas movie - I am SO in the spirit this year! Today looks pretty boring so far... just work as usual, then finals tonight at school. Good news about finals is that I know I'll finish my first one pretty quick (I'm a fast test-taker), then I can go immediately and start my second one (instead of having to wait an hour until class would normally start). The second I'm not sure how long it will take, but I can go home as soon as I finish, so that's also a plus. =) Hope you all have a lovely lead up to Friday! hehe

Last edited by stargzr; 12-16-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

stargzr, Our pup is named Bronson after the actor, Charles Bronson. My DH wanted something manly and this guy did the Deathwish series and was a tough guy in westerns. I believe the breeder is giving him the registered name of Bronson Vigilante. Good luck on your exams! Boo on the car problems but at least they're fixed. I'll say why in a second...

Andejean, I love and hate that workout feeling. At least you know you did your body good! let us know how the next one goes!

MiZ, I've tried JM's 30 day shred and it's a pretty good workout too. I haven't been able to make it through the second or third parts without taking it easy on the pushups. At this point, I don't think i could even successfully complete one. Gotta work on that.

rainbowstripe, I had something similar happen to my eyes. I had crazy dry eyes and they'd instantly go red after putting my contacts in. Was switched to Oasis Acuvue and that helped. Also, wearing my glasses at least once a week for a day helped a lot to give my eyes a break.

My DH's car doesn't work. It hasn't started for the last 3 days. Think it's something to do with frozen blockage in the fuel lines or engine somewhere but can't fix that until it's able to start up and run for a bit. That's the best case scenario.... otherwise we have to take it in to see whether it has to be put down or not. It's a 2003 Chevy Cavalier that has had the engine light on for the last 2+ years, so who knows what else is wrong. All I know is that I didn't factor in buying a brand new car around Christmas.

Oh, and I'm getting a good ole dose of TOM symptoms today. Bloated. Crampy. Easily annoyed -- my poor DH got a shot of that this morning when I asked him to boil water and somehow he didn't understand that "boil" was the key in that sentence. I didn't need a pot of lukewarm water. I said sorry.

all in all, I'm actually in a pretty good mood regardless of my complaints. LoL I'm super looking forward to the hope that there will be a whoosh in a few days. i need it!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #118  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

hey ladies. Sorry I have been MIA...chillin here in FL. Not doing good on food but just wanted a break from counting and worrying and just eat like when I was thinner and didnt have to worry about anything but working out. I will get back on track when i get home.
Sorry for not going through the personals,,will get to that when I get home.
Hope you are all doing well!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #119  
Lifes a Journey

Star – Exactly!

Prepping – I’ve done all three I loved the second level cardio is awesome but even though I was at level 3 I still needed some breaks, mostly for the weights part my arms just aren’t strong. I’m sure they could be but ha I usually slack a bit on that part when I can’t pick up the weights anymore to do it.

I didn’t workout yesterday but I had the urge to at 8pm and thought bad idea because it would completely wake me up. I did a quick 20 minute workout yesterday of JM BFBM to wake me up before I headed out of the night, so it was good and I will be getting to one this afternoon when I get home. Weight is at a good level but because of TOM I look like I’m 10 pounds more then I really am. Bahumbug!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #120  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

Well ladies, I lied. I said I was going to take Wednesday off from kick boxing, but my gym buddy was excited, and I felt 1000% better on Wednesday, so I did it, and took it a little easier, ie not as high of kicks, more water breaks etc, and I can tell you I feel great! We followed the video with our circuit training, then 40 minutes on the treadmill at a super slow speed for a cool down. We intended to walk for 10, but got talking, and the next thing we knew it was 40 minutes later! But hey, what's wrong with an extra half hour walk? LOL.

Today we both said no kick boxing, but I'm feeling great, so if Sally wants to, I will, otherwise it'll be 33 min elliptical, circuit, then another 40 minute walk, just because it felt so good!

Kick boxing is def on the agenda for Monday. I definitely worked out everything in that video!

oh and i was up 1/4 lb at the gym on Wednesday, but I figure that has to be salt and water right? I hope that's gone today, but we'll see!