Really Think Im About To Just Cry Out Literally

• I desperately need to start and stay on my weight loss journey ASAP.....i need to do this for myself because i need to be in good health and care so much more for myself...i also have my bestfriends wedding coming up that i would like to be about 2 sizes smaller for....

It seems I always do great when it comes to planning out what i'm going to do (both eating and exercise) but when it comes down to actually doing it....I can start do good for a day then the next day I only get half way through then i'm disappointed and go into a "i really dont care mode"...then once again i prep to begin again but then the same cycle happens all over again.....excuse my language but it is really starting to piss me off...

Why cant i just start and stick with it....what is wrong with me??!!??
  • There's nothing wrong with you. It's hard work...and it's not so fun sometimes. Just keep pushing through. You can do it!
  • this isn't about if you are in the mood, or are motivated. giving up isn't an option. choose a plan you can stick with, and follow it. look up rockinrobin's posts. she discusses this topic alot. You Can Do This!
  • What is the plan you are trying to follow? It could be that it doesnt really suit you or isnt maintainable
  • I endorse Metabolic Research Center. Follow the plan and watch the transformation!
  • Just remember you don't have to be perfect! If you make a "mistake" you keep going.

Take for instance today- we had a boss's breakfast, I indulged and had some carbs, but lunch was a salad that was on plan and dinner will also be on plan. If you have this all or nothing attitude you will set yourself up for failure cuz none of us are perfect!

And one last thing, if you find yourself not sticking with the plan it sounds like you need a new one, I started with the fat smash diet and ended up changing to south beach diet and it's worked a whole lot better for me. If you are calorie counting and eating more than you plan each day you might be targetting too low of a calorie count. Or if you are grabbing for foods you shouldn't cuz you have nothing prepared then you need to spend more time preparing things in advance, I make my lunch each night for the next day.
  • I second the find something you can manage over the long term. All the planning in the world won't work if you don't like it. Where did you fall off before? Maybe too much too soon? Start with small changes and build up?

Pick one thing you're going to do each week and stick to it, count calories, exercise a little more, cut out sugary drinks. Add something each week.

Make it manageable.
  • Going to agree with everyone else about finding something you can do long term. Try a few different things and find something that you actually like. Exercise doesn't have to be boring or a hassle, and dieting doesn't have to be restrictive. There's nothing wrong with you for struggling, everyone does! You just need to try different things and find something that works for you.
  • I second what everyone is saying here... It's never going to work if you try to be perfect. Life is not over if you mess up or miss a day! There is always an opportunity to get back on plan. Weight loss isn't just a destination you arrive at, it's a journey that is going to take you through the most difficult trials and set backs you've faced but believe us when we say that starting is the hardest part. Once the ball starts rolling and you commit to a plan, it's really hard to get derailed. Just remember this... You are not immune to the laws of thermodynamics. If you just stick to it, you're going to lose weight.

It's a cold hard fact: calories in, calories out. This has kept me going more than anything else. It might suck but you WILL lose weight if you are expending more calories than you consume! Keep that in mind when things seem hopeless and you don't want to continue.
  • I have the same problem! I hate planning out meals, I hate keeping track of calories, I hate exercising, so I eventually give up. Sorry, I don't have any advice for you.. I'm in the same boat right now, unfortunately