Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #1  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Default I have lost all self control!

How do i get it back? I was so proud of myself. I had lost 40 lbs and gained some great new habits along the way. Now, I just can't seem to stop eating. I want soda again, I want fast food, I want all those yummy little debbie treats, I can't seem to stop over eating.. I don't know what to do or how to stop. Thankfully I haven't gained anything back but if I'm not careful I will be soon! I don't want to go down that road again..help!!
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #2  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

It's so hard to tell you what to do when starting again takes nothing but will power. You have to just DO IT!

Try to remind yourself that if you continue at this pace you are not only going to gain it ALL back but you WILL GAIN MORE. Trust!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #3  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I've been lurking on these boards for a couple months now, and this seems to be a pretty common theme.... as some people approach their goal, they start to sabotage themselves, although the reasons seem to range across the board. You've done an incredible job and should be proud of your success Someone on these boards once advised that "You're the only person that can stop yourself." You know how to do what needs to be done to reach your goal; you've found a plan that works for you, and that can be very hard to do in the first place. You're also the only person who can figure out why you're sabotaging yourself - journals are a great way to figure out what's really going on inside your head. Best of luck to you on continuing your success and reaching your goal
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

stop and think about how HARD you worked to get where you are right now!!!!! I lost 18lbs for my wedding and allowed myself to gain about 7lbs back and now I am fighting it back off! I am SO mad at myself! It sucks! If I hadn't gained that 7lbs back I wouldn't be stressed out about losing it before my vacation in December. It is the worst feeling ever!

It also sucks seeing people who saw me 7lbs less for my wedding and they see me now and can probably tell I've gained some back!!!

YOU WORKED TOO HARD TO THROW IT AWAY NOW!!!!!!

You can have those treats in moderation! Have one per day and walk/exercise it off if that's what you have to do!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I now what you mean, I have been trying to figure out how to go back to my plan, I just made a new goal weight , before it was 125 ... thinking that maybe tha will help to get the control back ... but nop. I hide my scale las week , i was WI myself every day , so I going to see if doing it once a week will help me.

Even if I was doing not to good whit food I WAS doing so good whit exercise .... until two weeks ago. I run my first Half marathon , and after my 4 to 5 days break whit have become 2 weeks .. now I am worse ... bad food , no exercise .

I have not gaing weigth back , but I need to figure out how to get the contra back.
I hope somebody here have a good ideas so we can keep going.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

spixiet:as some people approach their goal, they start to sabotage themselves, although the reasons seem to range across the board.

This is so true .... been at close at 3 pound away from my original goal weight of 125 , I fell like it OK to have more free days , I may have stall whit my weight loss but I now that this is my fault and nobody else , I have not been follow my plan like I did before.... So that's why i change my goal to weight.

Last edited by Tuca125; 10-12-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #7  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

I just spent most of the past week right where you're at. I wanted to get out of it so bad, but I just kept eating crap so then I kept wanting crap. Finally I worked through it, though I had a couple of false starts. Now I have to work to get rid of 4 extra lbs though. Take it from me, just suffer through the cravings so you don't have to deal with re-losing weight you've already lost.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #8  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

To be honest, I think this is a very common problem. Some professionals say that this is the reason that a lot of yo-yo dieters gain weight in between diets. Our bodies don't want to lose the weight--it's unfamiliar and just wrong! So our bodies fight back.

I've noticed that if I resist over eating on those days that I have a bottomless pit, my weight drops outstandingly within the next day or two. That's usually motivation enough to put down the sweets, but not always
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote