Old 09-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

Default Good Plan Gone Wrong

I had a wonderful plan for today. My boyfriend had things going on, so I won't be able to see him this weekend. I decided that when I got home from work, I was going to take a nice hot bubble bath. I just wanted, and needed to relax.

I filled up the tub, put on some calm music, and lit a few candles. I climbed in the tub only to realize that I'm too big to enjoy a bubble bath? Ugh. The water didn't even cover the top halves of my legs, or my belly or my chest. Any more water and it'd over flaw. I hate to waste water, but there was no point. It only made me even more depressed.

UGHHHHHHH.

lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

(((((lostinstaticx)))))

I've had those moments. Once I wanted to go out and "look cute" on a date with my husband I picked out this beautiful little sundress I had bought, and I didn't think I had gotten "that big" since I had bought it (granted I was pregnant at the time so you'd THINK I'd have had some brains in my head to not even go for that particular dress). Anyways, I technically "fit" into it but I was struggling with the zipper, and I was SO SURE if I could just get that zipper up it'd be fine and I could wear the dress and look adorable.

Well, I fought with it, I struggled with it, I readjusted the height of the dress on my body at different places, and I GOT IT! I then turned around and looked in the mirror and it split. The zipper is SHOT! I then had problems getting out of it (I imagine I looked something like a side show from the Three Stooges struggling to get OUT of the dress now) and the zipper was stuck at the top and split down the middle >.<

After I finally got myself escaped from the clutches of the too small white and pink dress....I laid on the bed and sobbed. Then poor husband comes to get me for the date and I'm grumpy, feeling "fat"ter than normal, dejected and absolutely crushed by what was supposed to be a fun and enjoyable event.

I put something on that I wasn't happy with myself in and tried to cheer up for the evening but its really hard.

So, really no good advice, except to let you know I understand. And you're doing great, so don't forget your longterm goals.

oh and here's a quote from one of my most favoritest authors Dr. Seuss:
Quote:
You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed.
You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead.

Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.

Except when you don't
Because, sometimes, you won't.

I'm sorry to say so
but, sadly, it's true

that Bang-ups
and Hang-ups

can happen to you.
You can get all hung up

in a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on.

You'll be left in a Lurch
You'll come down from the Lurch

with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then,

that you'll be in a Slump.
And when you're in a Slump,

you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done.
and don't forget the end:

Quote:
So be sure when you step.

Step with great care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.

Just never forget to be dextrous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And you will succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!

(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed. )
KID YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS !

So, be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!

Your mountain is waiting.
So get on your way!

I like to read this book when I'm "in a slump"

Last edited by boots; 09-18-2010 at 06:59 PM.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/323/165

Height: 5'11

boots,

Thank you, so much. Reading that made me smile. As soon as I read the post, I wrote down two copies. I posted one in my room, next to my bed, and I'm holding the other in my purse. This way, I'll have it wherever I go.

lostinstaticx is offline   Reply With Quote