Old 09-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/221/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm back and in need of perspective

Hey all! I'm back after being gone for a LONG time. I know that I need support to lose this weight because my family has done the lose-gain cycle with me too many times and are growing impatient. The thing is: the minute I start losing weight, I sabotage myself. It happens every time, without fail. Has anyone else had this problem? How'd you get over it?
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Yes and yes. yesterday I very nearly sabotaged myself but just pulled up short in the end. That was 108 days into the weightloss, an all time record.

I've found
planning
recording
daily weighing
to be keys for me this time.

I know daily weighing isn't for everyone, and it usually drives me insane; but what it's teaching me this time is almost to be able to stand outside my weightloss, look at it almost scientifically. That takes a lot, maybe 95% of the emotion, over-emotion, out of the process. I've found that looking at it as a project, with a degree of detachment has really helped.

Good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote