Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey fashinjunkie!I look forward to getting to know you too! Let's all stay on track together!

sun Hope yoga is good! Say goodbye to that pound!

~~

I just went for the same 2.5 kilometre jog/walk I did on Monday and it took me 3 minutes less today! I wasn't trying to beat my time or anything but it happened. That means I only did 21 minutes of exercise - but it was so sunny and I forgot to wear sunblock and I had no idea of how long I'd been out while I was out so I just did the route I'd planned. I was so hot and sweaty, I feel like even if it was only just over 20 minutes, it was still a good workout.

Going out for dinner tonight for a friend's birthday - I am pretty sure I'll go slightly over my usual calories but I'm going to try not to and also will keep my calories lower today to try to account for it. The restaurant is almost impossible to tell calorie counts from, it's yakitori (grilled veges and meat on sticks) and you order things individually. Here is the website in case any of you ladies have a chance to give me an idea of what to eat haha! http://www.kenyakitori.co.nz/

I feel like it might not be as bad as I think as long as I don't order anything deep fried.

OH and the turkey meatloaves I made last night were so good! SO good. I am proud of myself. Having a leftover one for lunch today! Weight is 100gm down from yesterday, which is not really a proper loss, but I'm going with it haha.

Hope Friday treats you ladies well when you get to it!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Thanks sun, it feels great to be back on track!

rainbow, great job on beating the time of your last run! Even if it was 20 minutes it sounds like a great workout! What did you end up going with for dinner last night?

Yesterday was perfectly OP and expecting today to be as well. TGIF!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 09-17-2010 at 12:00 PM.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Ashlee!!! I missed you too!! So good to see you here! Glad you popped into this thread!

rainbow - Your "jog"/run (hehe) sounds like it was a good workout! I've heard that everyone has a different magic number for how much of a workout we all need. I feel like I get a good workout at 20mins, and an AMAZING one at 40 minutes... but I rarely have time to do a 40 min run. So, yeah...

sun - Boo for water weight! I'm sure it'll come right back off... so that'll be good.

Ok, so I totally posted yesterday in here and it's gone... ? Dunno where it went, but oh well I guess. I've been doing fairly well. On Wed night we went to the grocery store on the way home from the gym to pick up a couple of things and ran into my MIL. She was planning tacos for dinner and my husband wanted to go over. So we went... I ate too much. blah. Those situations are the worst for me. =/ The verdict? A 2 lb "phantom" gain from the volume of food and salt she puts in her foods. Today though? They're gone, so I'm happy again, haha. Aaaaaand I've been super good yesterday and (so far) today. I am really crossing my fingers for a good loss by next weekend. That will make it just less than 2 weeks OP again. It feels so good to lose, I had forgotten (I know that's sad). Anyhow, weight's going in the right direction now! Woot! I hope you're all having a fab Friday!

Last edited by stargzr; 09-17-2010 at 01:07 PM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #49  

steph, I want to remember how it feels to lose! Hehe, but I am taking a slightly different approach this time and not putting so much importance on the scale and it's daily fluctuations. I'm going to (try to) only weigh once a week this time. Great job getting back on track right after that big dinner, those situations are the worst for me too.

So, I had brought my Lean Cuisine for lunch today but it really wasn't sounding good and lo and behold when I went into the breakroom to make my lunch, there was pizza and ranch (my weakness) leftover from a luncheon. I ended up having two slices of cheese pizza with about 1.5 oz of ranch. Not the best, but considering I can easily put away 4 slices (plus they had all kinds of cookies and dessert pizzas too), I'd say I did pretty ok. I looked up my calories online and I still have enough to have my planned dinner and a light yogurt for my afternoon snack .

I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday so far!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 09-17-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #50  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

rainbow good job on your run! it may not be what you normally do but every little bit counts!
stargzr i totally know what you mean about rerealizing how nice it is to loose. i fell off the weightloss wagon when i went on vaca for my sister's wedding and have starting loosing and am loving it! keep going!

fashion If you were in your calories I wouldn't worry about it just drink tons of water so the sodium flushes out.

I did ok today not the best choices but in calories. I haven;t run yet and its 900 pm but I will go and do it now. sigh
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #51  

Thanks sun! I've stopped weighing every day for now so I won't have to deal with little sodium fluctuations thank goodness. But, yes I am still drinking lots of water! Did you get your run in? Do you run outside or on a treadmill?

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 09-17-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #52  

fashinjunkie Thanks for the encouragement! Because the serves are very small (2 skewers with about 35gm of meat per skewer, if that) I ordered what seems like a lot but was actually a pretty well balanced meal, if perhaps a little protein heavy: chicken, beef sirloin, kumara (similar to sweet potato), mushrooms and broccoli with sesame mayo. The worst part in terms of calories was probably that sesame mayo, but it was tasty and I stayed under my upper calorie limit for the day so I'm not worried. Congrats on being OP! And yay for sticking in your calories even with the unplanned pizza! I love that about calorie counting.

stargzr It definitely felt like a good workout! I'm not so worried about it not being "enough" - it felt good, I felt like I was doing something good, so I most likely did actually do something good! Yay for the 2lb gain being temporary - eating at other peoples houses always scares me a little.

sun I hope your late night run was good! You are so dedicated, I am impressed! I think the best thing about calorie counting is that it's ok to sometimes not have the best choices but stay in your calories. But I also know I don't always feel as good if I know I've made some not so great choices.

~~

I've been right on plan with calories for the weekend. I'm at work on Sunday now, I haven't exercised officially this weekend but did spend yesterday morning walking around a pet and animal show getting excited over kittens and puppies. I'm still deciding whether I'll exercise tonight. Right now I'm thinking no, I usually never do on a Sunday and I'm not feeling like it AT ALL. I know I will get back into it tomorrow so I don't think it's too horrible if I don't. I'm sticking to calories and I'm proud of myself for managing to go out for dinner and some drinks on Friday and stay completely in control of what I consumed. I'd been worried that alcohol would make me make bad choices or make me drink more alcohol than I planned but I was really impressed.

Also last night my boyfriend and I went around to another couple's house (our friends) for dinner and after dinner we watched a dvd - my self control in counting out 6 cheetos-esque chips for myself AMAZED me (and my boyfriend). I stayed in calories and I felt great. I'm feeling pretty pleased!

I'm now down to 77kg / 169.7 pounds. It feels so good to have lost 8 kilograms! 2 more kg and I'm 1/3 of the way there!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #53  
sun

fashin thanks for the encouragment...I run on the treadmill until I am a little more confident. lol

rainbow great job on keeping your calories in check! Great job on getting your weight down! I totally love doing the math

Today was great... I went to yoga in the morning and kept perfectly in my calories...tomorrow is my official weigh in..so fingers crossed. I am going for yoga in the morning again..usually sunday is my day off but I really feel like I need another workout.
my mom is coming the day after tomorrow for a 2 week visit from India and I am soo excited. anyhow hope you guys have a great sunday!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #54  

rainbow, your choice at the restaurant sounds healthy and delicious! Way to go on the moderation this weekend, and the loss too! Very exciting to see results!!

sun, great job being OP this weekend! I have my fingers crossed that you will have a good WI tomorrow, keep us updated!

So we went to the state fair today and I stayed completely within my calorie range and I am very proud of myself considering all the tasty temptations that were around! But, it was fair food after all so it was not healthy, but I feel like I got a pretty good workout since we walked a lot and I either carried my son or pushed him in his huge stroller. Yay for OP weekends!

As for the scale, my official WI day is not til Wednesday, but I hopped on to take a peek this morning and it said 159.2! That means I have lost all the 'weight' I put on in the two weeks of being not so great food-wise. But, now comes the hard part. For some reason, I always end up giving up around this time, but not this time!

I hope you are all having a great and OP weekend!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 09-19-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #55  
sun

fashin sounds like you are doing great! I know what you mean about finally loosing what we put on!

So I went for yoga again,,,i think I am becoming addicted. Tomorrow running. I went down a lb so yay...was hoping for a little more but oh well. its late but i still haven't had dinner. maybe some soup. Tomorrow I have a long drive to Atlanata to pick up my mom...so I have it all planned out in my head! lol subway is my friend..haha
good luck for this next week my lovely ladies.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #56  

fashinThanks for the encouragement! When you order food at a place like that and it comes out all staggered (like..over the course of 45 minutes) it seems like you're eating a lot more I think. But it was fun! And I felt good! I cannot even imagine the temptation of a state fair - we don't really have anything like it in New Zealand. All that comes to mind for me is American tv shows I watch and also the book Charlotte's Web haha...I can imagine it's a tempting place to be in terms of food so well done you! And yay for having lost the weight you put on/being unofficially in the 150's! Awesome stuff!

sun I can think of worse things to be addicted to than yoga! I've actually never tried it (aside from in Turbo Jam workouts where at the end in the cool down the instructor says the one of the moves is a yoga pose) but I hear it's great for posture and toning and strength? I hope your long drive isn't too tiring - and Subway is sometimes a really good friend right?! I don't have it that often but I know what I can order and how many calories it is and that it's a lot more nutritious than some of the choices I could make!

~~

So it's Monday here for me. I'm a little bit disappointed - I found out (by adding something to my calorie tracker that I'd forgotten) that I was actually slightly higher on calories on Saturday than I would have liked but only by about 70 calories so I guess it's not the end of the world - I just didn't intend to have 2 higher calorie days in a row. We learn though! It's not that bad I suppose really.
I'm feeling really tired today for some reason but I said I'd get right back into my exercising today and I will - planning to either jog/walk or stationary bike when I get home from work, depending on the weather. I really don't feel like it but I know I'll feel worse if I don't - plus I will have you ladies to answer to :P
I've also been feeling REALLY hungry today and I have no idea why. I'm not eating any more than I usually would though - still have no idea what is for dinner (boyfriend's mum is cooking as is usual on a Monday) so I kind of have to allow for that. We always eat fairly healthily but I never like to run the risk of going over my calories with dinner.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #57  

rainbow - It sounds like you had fun at your dinner and made great food choices! Yay you!!

sun - Hooray for a pound!!!

Ashlee - A state fair AND you were op?! Way to go you! AND back down to where you were? Even better!!

I've been intermittently weighing, but still not ready to post. I'd like to get two full weeks under my belt of being OP before I jump to posting my weight again. I think I have a stigma attached to reporting it, so I will wait and see if it's a good thing or a bad thing for me. All in all, the weekend went well. I have a higher calorie day every 3-4 days so as to mix things up and so far it's helping me out. I ate a few chips last night, which were not OP, but still kept me in my cals. I feel a little remorseful for that, so from now until they're gone I will have to be more mindful before I get some. I wanted to run yesterday, but I didn't want to go out alone and my husband wasn't in the mood... so no run. But I did play around with my nieces so I'd say that counts a little. I do get to run tonight after work and am looking forward to that.
Happy Monday ladies!!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #58  

sun, great job on the yoga and the lb down! I can't wait to see 152!! Have fun with your mom!

rainbow, you are doing so great don't get down over a few calories! I have done that before, too and it does suck but you're right- we learn!

Stephanie, I'm sorry you didn't get your run yesterday, but at least you are going tonight yay!

Another OP day- yay! I hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #59  

stargzr Hope your run is/was good! I'm sure running around with nieces counts a bit hehe. And I think it's ok to not post your weight, it's so easy to get obsessed with the numbers (I know all too well).

fashin Congrats on another OP day!

So I just wanted to check if you ladies would prefer to be addressed by your actual names rather than your screen names as I see that both stargzr and fashinjunkie have your names in your signatures? Let me know ^_^

My stationary biking exercise last night was really good. I really didn't feel like it but after about 10 minutes I started to enjoy it a bit and when I got to the end of my 30 minutes, I did another 12 as well. Felt really good!

My boyfriend's mum got us fish for dinner - and she crumbed hers and his and didn't crumb mine - I was so happy that she left my piece as is as she knows I'm counting calories and stuff but I'm usually at the mercy of whatever they cook - luckily she was thinking about me!

My lunch today was higher calorie than I would have usually eaten for lunch, leftovers from dinner on Sunday, so I'm going to have to be extra careful with dinner I think to stay in my range, but I have full confidence in myself to do it.

Not exercising today as I won't have time/I never exercise after dinner... I guess I could start doing this but I hate exercising on a full stomach so first thing in the morning or after work always seems perfect for me.

Looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow! I don't work Wednesdays and have been so tired this week, I think it will be good.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #60  

Ashlee - Hooray for OP days!!!

rainbow - Doesn't matter to me, whichever you prefer. That's so sweet that she was thinking of you when she made the fish! (which sounds good!) I'm with you, I don't like to work out after I eat... I always get an upset stomach so either first thing or after work is when I go also.

Well, I didn't get my run in last night. We stopped a couple places on the way home, as we decided to run outside instead of at the gym. Well, when we got home we found another activity to do for a good workout instead... and we did it for longer than our run would have been. So although we didn't run, I had more fun! hehe Last night's eating was a bit off plan... still within cals, but I feel gross today... too many icky things. I'm just glad it all came from home and not fast food (otherwise I'd be feeling really sick right now). No weight gain today, so I can just move on and make today better! I have a 'secret' goal in mind of what I'd like the scale to say by next monday (which will mark 2 weeks OP) so I really want to push and make it! I also have a number in mind that I'd like to see before I go start trying on Halloween costumes... Have you ladies thought about what you'll be dressing up as?