Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 AM   #16  
The Last 10lbs!

to everyone, I feel you on wanting 2010 to be over. This has been, without a doubt, the hardest year of my life. No one died, but as far as personal struggles and stress, I'm so ready for it to be over and to leave it behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post

Another vent - I'm meant to be an artist, I rent a studio to paint in and I'm meant to be looking for opportunities to exhibit and sell my work. But I haven't painted in over 2 months and I don't feel like painting or making anything at the moment either. It's sad, I feel like I'm losing what I'm meant to love.
I know how you feel I'm 'supposed' to be a screenwriter but sometimes it's really difficult to get into that creative mode and you feel like all your ideas are crap (I do anyway) and that nothing good will ever come out of it so it isn't worth your time. Your inspiration will come back soon, mine hid for about a year and everything I wrote at that point was pretty bad, so don't force it unless you feel like that will help! Maybe forget about the exhibitions and selling and just paint for you for a while until you get back into your groove
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #17  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

This morning I got on the scales and they read 117.5 and I was flabbergasted! so i got on again just to make sure, and it went up to 118.3 I tried two more times but it still had the same bigger, ickier number still a loss from yesterday, but not as nice as my first number.

silly scales, you break my heart!
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Oh summershine, I know how you feel. I have two sets of scales at home, and I know one of them is out, but I'm tempted to take the number from those ones anyway as it's always lower than the real number. I measure in kilograms too, being in New Zealand - I saw 78.5 this morning on the inaccurate scales and then hopped on the ones I know are more on par - 79.1.
NO loss this week. It's frustrating. I was getting used to losing 1kg a week!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

Ladies with men problems: do not keep going back to him. Try something different. Just because you love someone, does not mean you should be with them. A relationship is based on more than love.

I am in a relationship, but reading this interesting book called "He's Not Your Type...And That's a Good Thing" by Andrea Syrtash. It might intrigue you. Love and learn. Love and learn.
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

I'm trying to sing this song, and my grandmother is trying to sing with me, but she's off-key and throwing me off and also sings like a frog in the back of her throat and I can't say STOP cause that would be mean but I just want to sing the damn song alone.

*feels like a horrible person*
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

My husband is currently in a really dangerous part of Afghanistan, I haven't heard from him since Saturday and I heard on the news today "18 US troops killed in Afghanistan in the last 3 days." It's stressing me out really bad and I just miss him so much.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

I don't like that I am waiting for the "you look good, did you lose weight" comments.

I know I am doing it for a variety of reasons, but it is nice when other people notice and guys start hitting on you again (as a combo of weight loss and improved confidence)
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:30 AM   #23  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Hugs to everyone xx

I am stressing out about uni. I am really behind with my statistics paper And I dont really get it to be honest. May have to get a tutor. Also money is pretty tight. Keep going into my overdraft which I shouldn't.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #24  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit View Post
My husband is currently in a really dangerous part of Afghanistan, I haven't heard from him since Saturday and I heard on the news today "18 US troops killed in Afghanistan in the last 3 days." It's stressing me out really bad and I just miss him so much.
I hope your husband is okay!!!!

I'm just so frustrated about my weight loss efforts, I am so up and down about the whole thing. I'll have a good day then mess up at night or the next day by eating junk!! And I'm starting my last year of school which is stressing me out ahhhhhh!

This thread was a good idea lol
love114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #25  
The Last 10lbs!

FreeSpirit, I hope your husband is okay. Please keep us updated!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:50 AM   #26  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Yea I second what Freedom said. My thoughts are with you hun xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Free, you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you hear from him very soon!
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

FreeSpirit, my thoughts are with you!

Today? Today I want to take technology and the interwebs and kick them in the nads. Every single day this week has made me wish for Friday that much harder. It doesn't help that it has been way busy; of course the internet wouldn't go down until the phone rings 15 times a minutes.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #29  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I hate that the start of Fall means that traffic inexplicably increases and no matter what time I leave the house I am late.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Ughh I know my problems are small compared to so many posts here, but I need to vent.

I'm SOOO stressed out. I really feel that I've taken on too much. I have 6 classes, all of which involve soo many projects and papers and a million hours of reading a night (out of books that cost a gazillion $$), an internship, and am assisting a professor with research. Add that to a two hour daily commute, and I still have to work out, spend time with hubby (who has a really strange/variable work schedule), and sleep and everything else. I've just been feeling hopeless lately. I know that sounds so awful and depressing, but it's true. And, when I came home from school today, all I wanted to do was eat. And I did. And it wasn't pretty at all. It was half a jar of peanut butter (the other half? Oh, I ate it yesterday ) and some other stuff. So I'm counting it as an early dinner and moving on. I just don't know what to do with myself at the moment. I have work to do but I seriously do not want to do it now. I just want to make myself feel better and more hopeful. I want to talk to hubby because he makes it better, but he's at work and isn't answering And, I'm sick right now and it's just really adding to it all.

I'm sorry I'm so depressing. Hopefully I'll gain some control and find a way to deal. I just had to get it all out.

Last edited by jkinboston89; 09-08-2010 at 04:09 PM.
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote