Old 08-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha417 View Post
Dianna: the GRE sucked!! I took it once and got a 830 on it. I studied a lot, I just suck at standardized tests. Plus I think there's no point to the GRE. Grad school will be based solely on your major...shouldn't they have a test made simply to show your knowledge in the field?
Ahhh they DO have the subject tests but they are even worse! I Had to do the GRE subject test in english lit and it was so godawful. I did ok in the end but I studied by BUTT off for weeks beforehand. Nothing so great as knowing you have an upcoming test on ALL OF LITERATURE EVER WRITTEN EVER. Gah. I'll take the regular GRE any day!!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

170starting I love that you have a John Deere tattoo!! And I too have ocd with even numbers. I used to be A LOT worse. It became habbit where I didnt even notice I was doing it. If i hit something, i would have to hit it twice. Or when I was younger, I would write over my words twice. WTF lol glad I grew out of it. It can be madning!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/234/150

Zodiac sign :

Leo and stubborn as can be too!

Customer Service for a Limo Company and going to school to get a degree in Biology and then nursing.

Ideal celebrity body :

Angelina Jolie and Carrie Underwood's legs

Biggest pet peeve :

People that take to long at the check out a the grocery store.

Favorite Holiday :

4th of July. Love the fireworks!

Favorite movie :

The Breakfast Club.

Favorite food :

hmm....I am not sure I have one, I don't have one thing that I love to eat.

Most attractive quality in the opposite sex :

Being able to handle me. Being patient.

When do you believe is the best age to get married and why :

Mid to late 20's, both people will know what they want to do with their lives and are more mature and can handle it.

3 interesting facts about yourself :

I love Hockey. Seriously, LOVE it. I have season seats to the Anaheim Ducks. But I will watch any team, almost any level.

I remember the most random stuff EVER.

I own over 50 shirts from shirt.woot.com.
Cassie8236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #19  

I'll play

Zodiac sign: Virgo - my bday is on Monday!!

Occupation: Research/higher ed consultant/analyst - I google for a living

Ideal celebrity body: No idea, really. I don't tend to have body envy.

Biggest pet peeve: People who are routinely late. Come on, it's not that hard to stick to a commitment once you've made it!

Favorite Holiday: I think I like Memorial Day best. The weather's starting to be gorgeous and it's the first holiday after the long stretch of no holidays after new year's! (depends on your job I guess but where I work we get NOTHING for five months!)

Favorite movie: I love Wes Anderson movies like the Royal Tenenbaums and Darjeeling Limited and Life Aquatic. Also love O Brother Where Art Thou. And Shakespeare in Love

Favorite food: Mmm, sushi! I also love grilled cheese. Anything with avocado too.

Most attractive quality in the opposite sex: Confidence, sense of humor, and a sexy set of broad shoulders

When do you believe is the best age to get married and why: I assume it's up to the individuals involved. I was married at 23 and divorced at 25, so that was way too early for me. But I'm currently with someone I could see marrying in a couple years. But he's 3 years younger than I am, so he'll prob be 26 by the time it happens... Which I hope is not too young for him

3 interesting facts about yourself: I love to knit. I nearly died at Disney Land when I was 5. I spent a month living in Florence, Italy one summer and am dying to go back.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #20  

Cassie I am obsessed with Carrie's legs! Ok, that came out a little creepy but I think legs are the sexiest part of a woman's body and she has great toned, lean ones!

abluvion How did you almost die at Disney?! You must have hated Mickey Mouse ever since
Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
I'll play

Zodiac sign: Virgo - my bday is on Monday!!

Occupation: Research/higher ed consultant/analyst - I google for a living

Ideal celebrity body: No idea, really. I don't tend to have body envy.

Biggest pet peeve: People who are routinely late. Come on, it's not that hard to stick to a commitment once you've made it!

Favorite Holiday: I think I like Memorial Day best. The weather's starting to be gorgeous and it's the first holiday after the long stretch of no holidays after new year's! (depends on your job I guess but where I work we get NOTHING for five months!)

Favorite movie: I love Wes Anderson movies like the Royal Tenenbaums and Darjeeling Limited and Life Aquatic. Also love O Brother Where Art Thou. And Shakespeare in Love

Favorite food: Mmm, sushi! I also love grilled cheese. Anything with avocado too.

Most attractive quality in the opposite sex: Confidence, sense of humor, and a sexy set of broad shoulders

When do you believe is the best age to get married and why: I assume it's up to the individuals involved. I was married at 23 and divorced at 25, so that was way too early for me. But I'm currently with someone I could see marrying in a couple years. But he's 3 years younger than I am, so he'll prob be 26 by the time it happens... Which I hope is not too young for him

3 interesting facts about yourself: I love to knit. I nearly died at Disney Land when I was 5. I spent a month living in Florence, Italy one summer and am dying to go back.
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #22  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Dianne - I work for a major cable company =) I don't want to say more than that but I'm sure you can guess which one is most popular with reality! Ha.

I wish it were as fun as it sounded! With the economy down shows are few and far between!

I live in Jersey City! Gotta love Jersey! So cool you have family in NJ!!! I hope they love it =)
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 144/130/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting this thread! It's really fun to read about everyone.

LaurenA -- I also hate it when people dress their dogs up like children! I don't know why it drives me so crazy, but I always feel bad for the dogs.

Anyway, here's my info:

Zodiac sign :

This is complicated. My mom's water broke when I would have been a cancer. I was born premature as a leo. If I had been born full term I would have been a virgo. So I usually read all 3 horoscopes and pick the one I like best.

Doctor. I am in my third year of psychiatry residency.

Ideal celebrity body :

Jennifer Aniston

Biggest pet peeve :

Entitlement.

Favorite Holiday :

New Year's Eve

Favorite movie :

I always struggle with this one because I have very eclectic tastes, but the ones jumping to mind are Garden State, Dead Man Walking, Old School, Stand By Me, Gone With The Wind and Working Girl.

Favorite food :

Cereal

Curiosity, passion and kindness

I married my husband a few weeks shy of my 26th birthday. He was 27. We're now 28 and 29, respectively. I think that's a bit on the young side, but I had already graduated medical school and he had an established career, so it felt right. I also agree that you should experience living alone before getting married. It's an incredibly empowering experience. Above all, I think that no matter what age you get married at, you need to have experienced enough to be comfortable with yourself and know what you want.

1. Lately I've been thinking about not having children or about adopting children later in life.
2. I don't like the taste of alcohol.
3. I'm obsessed with crossword puzzles.
JenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizstyling View Post
Dianne - I work for a major cable company =) I don't want to say more than that but I'm sure you can guess which one is most popular with reality! Ha.

I wish it were as fun as it sounded! With the economy down shows are few and far between!

I live in Jersey City! Gotta love Jersey! So cool you have family in NJ!!! I hope they love it =)
Oh I am SO jealous! I have always wanted to work with tv. You are blessed my dear :

I LOVE NJ! I visit every year. I am going up for my cousin's wedding 9/22 - 9/26. Let me know if you will be up my Manasquan/Please Point area!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #25  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Zodiac sign : Gemini

Server. Someday I would like to go back to school for nursing(midwifery eventually maybe) right now enjoying being the best mommy.

Ideal celebrity body : IDK Jessica Beal maybe

Biggest pet peeve :
People that dont know how to tip (especially when you are 9 months pregnant and they want to touch your belly!)

Favorite Holiday :
Halloween for sure!

Favorite movie :

A Clockwork Orange, Anchorman, and pretty much every scary movie ever made

Favorite food :
Ice cream......darnit...haha

The good daddy gene

When you find the right person. I'll be 27 when i get married next June.

I really do WANT all boys.
I haven't had "cow" in about 13 years.
I am super sensitive to all drugs, medications, hormones. I dont even take tylenol. I took one benadryl about a year and a half ago and woke up in a water filled tub YIKES!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne042425 View Post
abluvion How did you almost die at Disney?! You must have hated Mickey Mouse ever since
thanks for the bday wishes

As for Disney... We were on a family vacation and I was chasing my big sister down the hall in a hotel as we were excited to get out and ride the rides. We were racing to the elevator to decide who got to push the button. I tripped when I was almost at the elevator and fell face-first into one of those standing clay ashtray things (smoking was allowed everywhere indoors in the 80s!). It smashed underneath me and literally came a hair's width from slicing open my jugular vein. If it had hit that artery I would have bled out before the ambulance came! I still have a lovely scar now on my neck from it, 22 years later!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I apologize in advance for the novel I'll likely write, I like to talk about myself, haha. I pecked this out at work, I'll have to go back and read everyone's later

What part of Florida are you in, Diane?

Zodiac sign :

Libra. Like, 100% haha. My first tattoo was a Libra symbol My second was Cancer, because my mom, dad, husband, and Schnauzer are all Cancers.

Insurance Agent also! My mother and I own an insurance agency together. I'm in school currently, but I'm up in the air about what I'd ultimately like to do with my life. Ideally, I'd get super rich, be able to retire early, and open an animal rescue. Realistically, I'll find something I want to do, and hire in help for the office.

Ideal celebrity body :

Hmm... that would be most realistic for me? ScarJo, maybe?

Biggest pet peeve :

People that use "weary" in place of "wary" I have many, really.

Favorite Holiday :

Christmas - Fall time in general ~ Agreed!

Favorite movie :

Boondock Saints, Almost Famous, Princess Bride, Pulp Fiction

Favorite food :

Anything Italian or Chinese

Rugged manliness. My guy can do ANYTHING, fix anything, build anything, and always makes me feel protected. We're also a little old fashioned, and I like that in a relationship.. guess that's my old fashioned Southern roots

When it is right for you, which most people don't realize unfortunately. I've been with my husband since I was 17, he was 20. We've been together 9 years, married nearly 3. Would I suggest that for any of my younger family members? **** no. It has worked like a charm for us, though. Then again we didn't say, Hey we've been together 2+ years, lets take the leap! We waited six years.

Most of the time, I look like one of the girliest girls you'd ever meet. I'm also one of the most rough and tumble, get down and dirty girls you'll ever meet. I fish, I hike, I go mudding, and NOTHING is more important to me than college football season. I'm probably the biggest Gator fan you'll meet. When my husband and I built our house, I painted my office orange and blue and filled it with years of collected memorabilia.

I'm also terrified of tree frogs. And electricity.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #28  
Samantha417

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
Ahhh they DO have the subject tests but they are even worse! I Had to do the GRE subject test in english lit and it was so godawful. I did ok in the end but I studied by BUTT off for weeks beforehand. Nothing so great as knowing you have an upcoming test on ALL OF LITERATURE EVER WRITTEN EVER. Gah. I'll take the regular GRE any day!!

Yeah, but they don't have a speech path subject test! The only one they have is the NESPA test, but that's to test what you know when you're done grad school.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Zodiac sign :

scorpion

Mother of three the hard job in the whole wide world.

Ideal celebrity body :

Jennifer Lopez

Biggest pet peeve :

People that peek their thee on the table.

Favorite Holiday :

Christmas

Favorite movie :

NO one special

Favorite food :

seafood

Hard-worker

I got married when I was 18, he was 18 two, actually he is 8 months younger than me. Right now we are 29, whit 3 kids and happy.

Last edited by Tuca125; 08-26-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I'll play along!!!

Zodiac sign :

Gemini

High school special education teacher working mainly with students with Learning Disabilities. I teach math classes (Algebra and Geometry) and help my kids keep up in their outside classes.

Ideal celebrity body :

Hmmm......I have no idea.

Biggest pet peeve :

People who don't hold the door when you're right behind them. Also, people who always have to one up someone no matter what the subject is.

Favorite Holiday :

Thanksgiving

Favorite movie :

The Notebook and Never Been Kissed

Favorite food :

Cheese raviolis

Patience

When you feel ready.....but I'm 31 and still single, so what do I know? haha

I am probably one of the biggest figure skating fans you will ever meet. Most of my vacation time is spent in Canada at different skating competitions. I even went to the Olympics this past February and was able to watch Ice Dance.

I can make just about every joint on my body crack in some way.

I can only get rid of my hiccups (that hurt!) by eating a spoonful of peanut butter.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote