Old 08-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

Default Stupid thing I did yesterday

Made banana bread, then went out for a few beers. Then came home to aforementioned banana bread. For some reason I thought I could make the banana bread solely for my friend and boyfriend and not eat any? This turned out to be patently false, and I've just thrown away the leftovers. After a day of staying under 1300 calories too... sigh.

I think the secret to weight loss is going to have to be not keeping yummy food around. What silly self-sabotaging things have you done lately? And has anyone discovered something low in calories they can eat when they get home from drinks? Maybe like a fried egg or oatmeal...
zestfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Hi! I love banana bread! I just made some on monday, but I limit the amt I eat. It's hard, so I feel ya!

I don't know what it is about drinking and getting home with a huge appetite! I remember those days! It was always fun going to an all night diner and ordering breakfast at 3:00a.m.

I would probably stick to toast or the oatmeal. Maybe some water to help flush out the alcohol? Just saw you are from Austin! Is 6th street still as popular as it used to be? Boy do I feel OLD!

Good luck! Sorry I wasn't much help. :P
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

you could work on a healthy recipe for banana bread. You can substitute in ground flax seed for the oil in the recipe, its actually more soft, moist and delicious!

ref
Quote:
Substitute flax seed for either oil or an egg. Use 3 tablespoons of ground flax for 3 tablespoons of flour and 1 tablespoon of oil. Add back in 1 tablespoon of liquid such as orange juice. For an egg: Use 1 tablespoon flax softened in 1/4th cup water.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I feel you. I had a perfect, on plan yesterday. Zeroed out my points. I was very proud of myself. Enter boyfriend. And Ben & Jerry's. And Honey Baked Ham Cheesy Potatoes. At 10pm. I measured it, counted it, and here I am moving on today.
I know when I drink, a binge is going to follow. I'm more likely to give in. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to handle this. *sigh* you win some, you lose some.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Banana bread is good to freeze! You can cut it up in good portion sizes and freeze it and then just take a chunk out of the freezer to let thaw on the counter when you think you'll want one later or pop it in the toaster. You'd have to thaw it if you wanted more later...
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5'0"

I went to my favorite local pizza place after having more calories than I wanted to already at breakfast and still ordered a Polish Calzone- cheese, mashed potatoes, sour kraut and kielbasa all wrapped up in dough. And this was the day after a night out drinking. I thought Friday was going to be my "bad" day because of the drinks and had planned for it" so Saturday was just heaping it on.

But Sunday I was right back on plan instead of letting those two days blow me off track and I still lost this week.
leannerenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/159/155

Height: 5'7"

Ooh, I love banana bread, too!

Would it be possible to make a little veggie/fruit tray to have when you get back to your place? Not real exciting, but tasty!
ms hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #8  
Future Mrs.

S/C/G: 291.6 / ticker / 175

Height: 5'9

I think you should go the opposite way. If I go out and drink, I follow it up with a run to a 24 hour McD's and gorge myself. That way I puke thus negating the calories in the food and alcohol...LOL
justjill124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Wait you puke on purpose? Or just because McDonalds makes you sick? Either way doesn't sound like too awesome of a plan haha, but I understand the temptation!

Guamvixen - yeah, 6th street is still great! I'm going into my senior year at UT, so even though I would like to lose a few pounds, I'm not really willing to stop being social - this is the last time in my life I'll be in college after all. :-) But if I could control the drunk munchies, I could definitely factor in 400 calories or so of drinks a few times a week.

I have a guy friend whose sole diet consisted of only eating baby carrots when he drinks. He'll eat like an entire pound of them, but that's it... he actually has lost a bunch of weight this way, but I don't think I have that kind of self control haha.

My new plan is to eat only instant oatmeal or an egg or fruit/veg after drinking. And lots of water drinking probably will help too - I just need to put myself to bed before raiding the kitchen, haha. I'll keep yall posted! and thanks for the healthy banana bread upgrades, but I think that is one food I love too much to keep around. Sigh.
zestfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 405/216/205

Height: 6'4

Justjill your bringing a mop if your crashing at my house.
tryhardforlife is offline   Reply With Quote