Old 08-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Default Little trip ups....

So I have finally been losing weight. People at work have been noticing and commenting. And I am feeling so good.
And then the last few days of crap happen.
I haven't taken an enormous leap off track, but have definately been over the line line. I am not going to beat myself up about. I Will face the scale and see how bad it was (my stomache feels awful this morning after eating fried food for the first time in two weeks last night). I forgive myself forget and am move on. So what it I set myself back a few days or even a week. It is worth it to not be upset because I don;t want to fall into old habits and just gain every of the 8 pounds I recently lost back. Whew.... Thanks guys I just needed to give myself a pep talk and put it out there. I have been enjoying eating whole healthy foods and I need to remember how uneasy my body feels after a coupld days of not doing so.

What do you do when you get off track after some success?
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I used to be the all or nothing girl. I'd do perfectly for four months. and then I caved in and had a cheeseburger WITH fries and fell off plan. Gained all 30 pounds back. This time around I've accepted that I'm not perfect. I will slip up. But I will recognize it, hold myself accountable, learn from it and get back on track. Way to go for realizing this!
I'll be honest. It's been almost 8 weeks. I have not had a perfect week. I've maintained the last two weeks. But I'm not giving up this time!
Congrats on your success so far!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

ade903- This is the same struggle I have had. It's funny how whenever you find a way to verbalize or put things down they are so much more likely yo occur. That's why I needed to post this thread today. I needed to put it out there that I was forgiving myself. Though I still feel dissappointed that I was off plan for about three days, it doesnt help me if I beat myself up. I punish myself by eating poorly I think. Ha ha. Maintaining is in itself a big feat. I admire people who lose weight quickly and just keep at it until the weight is gone. I would like to be one of those people. But I'll be perfectly happy even if I lose weight and have maintenence periods like you are. I tend to lose wieght then gain some back. I'm up about a pound as of this morning .
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #4  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I just get back on track with my diet. what's done is done.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
I just get back on track with my diet. what's done is done.
This. Its the only way.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Haha basically what they said! before I didn't think like that. Now, I do!!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote