Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/274.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Results of Week One = Fail :(

OKay, so my first week of restarting a weight loss plan felt like it went pretty well. I had a few weak points such as a big drinking night on Friday (...four large mixed drinks?...I kinda lost count...) and Cookout (with a milkshake) on Saturday night. I also overate on a few occasions when I was feeling really stressed/down (this was the first week back at school btw). But on the whole, I made it to the gym five days in a row. I was supposed to go on Saturday but I was hungover and nauseous all day. I also ate according to plan Monday through Friday. It was Saturday and Sunday that I screwed up.

But I tried to be optimistic when I stepped on the scale, thinking, "Bah! 2 out of 7 days ain't bad. If I didn't gain weight when I wasn't on a plan then certainly I shouldn't gain weight when I was on a plan 75% of the time." Wrong. I gained 1.6 pounds when my goal was to lose 2 this week or at least stay at the same weight. I'm really disappointed that I gained almost 2 pounds when I at least went to the gym 5 days last week and ate what I was supposed to 5 days last week.

I think the biggest problem was emotional eating. And the temptation of a banana milkshake after being hungover all day on Saturday. I'm not giving up but how do you deal with it when you feel like you did the best you could and still gained weight? I know it's only the first week, and I'll get better at it as I go and start to lose (I hope) but I hate working hard for nothing.

P.S.: This drinking thing - happens like 2 or 3 times a semester. So it's not like I'll be doing that every weekend. But it was the first weekend of the semester so...yeah. Probably again once more and then my best friend's 21st bday is late November.
myfishpajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

It's more than likely water weight. That's what alcohol does to us girls. Lovely isn't it. But I would suggest a lower calorie drink. I stuck to a vodka tonic. Sure the taste isn't the greatest, but it not only had fewer calories than other mixed drinks, but it also helped me sip it slowly so I would limit myself. Don't give up. We all go off track every now and then, and it's ok! It takes our body a little while to get used to the lifestyle change. I'm confident you can do it!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #3  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Quick fix for a hangover = healthy banana milkshake
1 cup skim milk
1 scoop light vanilla protein powder (like Muscle Milk light or the Jillian Michaels light one at Walmart, and you can use chocolate if you're really feeling naughty!)
1 sachet of sweetener (i like stevia)
1 ripe banana (i freeze mine in saran wrap.. the last longer)
a few ice cubes..

Total awesomeness, exactly like a banana milkshake. DELISH, cheaper and good for you

Maybe then you won't feel guilty. One thing I didn't notice you saying was how much water you drank... water is crucial to weight loss. If I don't drink enough in a day, my body WILL let me know it by retaining water. Keep at it, don't get down, give it another week minus the booze. (My fave mixed fruity drink has well over 500 calories...3 of those equals what your total calorie intake should be for the entire DAY!!). Find some lower calorie drinks for the next time you go out. Stay away from the fruity ones... things like vanilla vodka and diet coke, or a wine spritzer, or a my fave, captain and diet coke are lower in calorie and you still feel like you're splurging
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #4  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

I know how it feels to step on as scale and be discouraged, trust me. But dont sweat it. Its more than likely water weight. And I personally find that I gain water weight just by eating late at night.

Tonight just eat reasonable, work out when you have time, and finish eating a few hours before bed. It helps

And dont weigh yourself everyday either. Once a week or something because your body does gain water weight.

I hope that helps love. Try to think positive, I know its hard but its a must. Take care, and good luck :-)
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #5  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

you know I didn't reach my mini goal I set for myself this week, (be down two pounds) and while I was a bit bummed I didn't let it get me down, as I know I lose weight, and i try not to set a certain time frame on my body, it'll just stress me out.

and remember slow and steady win the race!!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 PM   #6  

Sorry, forgot to mention - I didn't have any fruity drinks. This drinking was done at a friend's apartment, so it was all diet soda mixed with _ (i.e. rum and coke, crown and dp, etc.). The only exception was a mt. dew and vodka and there wasn't any diet.

Also, no way do I weigh myself everyday. That would really be depressing! lol I only weigh myself weekly as it is.

To the person mentioning how much water I was drinking - how much water should you really drink? I know the old standard is 8 8oz glasses or something like that, but I've also heard that you don't necessarily have to drink that much if you're, say, eating water-heavy fruits (like the grapes I had today had so much water than I didn't drink as much water at lunch as usual because I wasn't thirsty). I usually drink most of a 24 oz? water bottle at the gym in the morning and then I carry another 24oz one around at school all day and usually have water with dinner too. So I'm maybe getting the full 64oz, but I'm not sure, and I don't really keep track of it.

But thanks for the encouragement everyone!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:55 PM   #7  

Oh! Thanks for the healthy milkshake recipe too!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #8  

Height: 5'0"

It was one week- next week those lbs will melt off! Just be a little more conscious this week and maybe throw in an extra workout.
leannerenee is offline   Reply With Quote