Old 08-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #1  

Default call me a cheater!!!

After about a good 5 days strong i decided it was time for a cheat MEAL....i choose to have these so i can stay "sane" and have something to look forward to and not feel like im in bondage...i only do a meal and not an entire day so i wont really gain much of anything but at the same time throw my body into some shock to keep my weight loss steady once it gets those "healthy" meals again (not trying to hit a long plateau)...i LOVE the fact that i didnt go crazy and the meal tasted that much better like a major appreciation ...and even better after the meal i was even more ready to go for those good choices again!!!
raznt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Good deal!! I did the same thing and I turned out ok!! It's ok to have a lil fun. It really does keep u on track and I know what u mean by appreciating it a lot more than before! Kudos!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #3  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Cheat meals actually usually help me break plateaus. Weird I know, I'm there with ya. I don't get it.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #4  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Actually I think I kind of get why eating over a little on the rare occasion helps weight loss. I mean our bodies are built to survive. We store fat so that we have a source of energy if we aren't getting enough calories through our food and to keep us alive if we are not able to get food. So when we give it a little extra it reminds the body that there isn't a famine and we can go ahead and get rid of some of the extra. Same idea with not skipping meals.

At least that's how I've always made sense of it.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-19-2010 at 06:50 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

this is the premise of both Cheat to Lose by Joel Marion and Reshape America/STAX with Chris Powell (The guy responsible for the largest natural weight loss ever recorded)...my current undertaking!! Cross ur fingers it'll work for me!
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote