Old 08-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #1  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default My personal weight loss journey...

Everyone has there own way of losing weight. Mine includes low calorie foods and minimum exercise.

Because I am so overweight, and haven’t been active in over a year, Its hard for me to do a lot of exercising. For now, I am walking on my treadmill 3 times a day, 3 minutes at a time @ 1 mph.

My diet consists of:

Cereal
Non-Milk
Boiled Eggs (Whites)
Green Apples
White Grapes
Boiled Chicken
Sprite
Water
Ketchup
BBQ Sauce

I guess dieting for me would be so much easier if I like more fruits and veggies. Unfortunately, I dont, so this tiny list you see are of the things I like that have minimum calories. (Compared to how I used to eat, this list is way beyond great.)

Now I have made a list of these foods and the calories/ serving so that I can keep track of my calorie intake.

Food Calories

Food: Calories: Serving:

Cereal: - 130 - ¾ cup
Milk: - 80 - 1 cup
Boiled Eggs: - 17 - 1 large
Apples: - 70 - 14 slices
Grapes: - 62 - 1 Cup
Boiled Chicken: - 50 - 1 ounce
Sprite: - 100 - 8 oz
Ketchup: - 15 - 1 TBS
BBQ Sauce: - 50 - 2 TBS

These calories are just an average/approx. amount found from googleing.

So here you have it, my personal weight loss adventure. I hope that in a few weeks, I am able to train myself to eat more fruits and veggies. I gag every time I think of eating a salad! That’s sad lol. But I am going to take it one step at a time and see where it leads me.
lusciousskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #2  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Low calories doesn't mean healthy... I highly recommend checking out Eat to Live by Dr Joel Fuhrman. You'll learn how your body works, the way food fuels you etc, and most people can lose around 20 lbs in 6 weeks following his plan... good luck, be sure to be educated and smart... you don't want to mess up your body and dangerous dieting will do so much more damage than good.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #3  
Don't ever give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
Low calories doesn't mean healthy... I highly recommend checking out Eat to Live by Dr Joel Fuhrman. You'll learn how your body works, the way food fuels you etc, and most people can lose around 20 lbs in 6 weeks following his plan... good luck, be sure to be educated and smart... you don't want to mess up your body and dangerous dieting will do so much more damage than good.
Thanks I will def. check it out, although I don't think my dieting is dangerous? I mean the lower the calories, the more you can eat of it. For example the apples... At only 70 calories per 14 slices (bagged from the grocery store already sliced) I can have it 3 times a day with each meal if I wanted too.

Example of a days worth of meals for me...

Breakfast - Apples (70 cal), 3 Boiled egg whites (15 cal), 1/4 cup of grapes (15 cal) = 100 calories
Snack - Cereal w/ milk (210 cal) = 210 calories
Lunch - 3 oz Boiled chicken with ketchup (195 cal), 1 cup of grapes (62 cal) = 257 calories
Snack - Cereal w/ milk (210 cal) = 210 calories
Dinner - 5 oz Boiled Chicken with BBQ Sauce (400 cal), Apples (70 cal), Sprite (100 cal) = 570 calories
Possible fruit snack later.

For a total of 1300 - 1400 calories per day. (I was only doing 1100 calories a day until I was told that was too low to start)

I drink tons of water everyday with all of my meals except dinner and I mix and match my foods everyday so I dont get sick of them. I also have a big variety of the cereals I eat ranging from 100 to 150 calories per serving.

I really do wish I liked more healthy foods, but I was raised on fatty foods which is why I am now obese. But I am pretty new at this so If you think this is dangerous after seeing my meal plan please let know.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm not a nutritionist so this is just my opinion. It looks like your diet could be deficient in fiber, iron, vitamin C & B vitamins. Is there a way you could check it out with a nutritionist? At the least, I would suggest taking a multi-vitamin.

Good luck with your goals.

Last edited by JessLess; 08-13-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added more
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Just skimming what you eat it seems to me that you are eating too many carbs; not enough protein or healthy fat.

Leaving that behind, what really comes to my mind is: This is all you plan on eating for life? Milk, cereal, chicken, sprite, boiled eggs, apples, grapes, ketchup and bbq sauce? You have to remember that this is a change you will make for life. I don't think this is a really sustainable plan. I understand you are not used to eating "healthy food," (I'm not sure what standard you are using) but I really implore you to find other things you might like as soon as possible. There are soooo many options. You should explore some of the pages on this forum, do some google searches, go to the grocery store just to look around etc. I really hope that you find a way to make a plan for life, because you will be tired of living off of boiled eggs and sprite very fast, and inevitably return to you old habits.

I wish you all the best!! Keep us posted!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #6  
Don't ever give up!

I dont plan on eating this the rest of my life lol. I am only doing what my therapist suggested... choosing things that i like that are low in calorie (which is what i did) and then slowly adding more healthy foods (fruits and veggies) that im not fond of a little at a time so that i get used to them and then hopefully, eventually like them.

And egg whites & chicken are very high in protein, but i am lacking some vitamins in my choices so i take one-a-day.

Like i said this isnt going to be a permanent thing, but i have to start somewhere. Ive done diets different ways for years and nothing stuck for more than a week... Then i was back eating the fatty foods again and gaining more weight. I have been on this diet 2 weeks and actually just added the grapes last week cuz i used to hate them. so for now the plan seems to be working.

Before i found this site, i weighed 312 lbs and now it 304 from doing this diet (plus the tiny bit of exercise i do)
Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #7  
Exercise the Mind

S/C/G: 196/175.7/148

Height: 5'8.5"

Big kudos to you for being so determined and making big changes! Go you!

I think the best dieting suggestion I've ever heard (passing it on in case it makes sense to you, too) was that people should focus on the foods they're adding, not the ones that they're denying themselves. That way, the new thing that you're eating feels like a treat!

I definitely think you should browse around the grocery store, and think about what "good" proteins and produce you can add to your diet. Nuts, in moderation? Cottage cheese? Could you cook the egg scrambled in a skillet (with olive oil--a good fat! or else no-calorie spray) with some spinach tossed in? (You barely taste spinach if you salt/pepper the eggs!).

The other thing I'd think about is spices. The beginning of my weight loss journey coincided with when I started putting real effort into cooking at home. Are you spicing that boiled chicken? Dried oregano has tons of antioxidants. Are you eating beans? Cilantro or chili powder could spice it up and make it into a fiesta!

You should still get to enjoy eating, and get lots of variety in your food for the best health! Eating is good--it's smart choices and portion sizes, right?

Good luck! We're all rooting for you!
rschroed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #8  
Don't ever give up!

Great advice! Okay I will go down to wally world in the morning and browse and try to find some healthy foods to add to my tiny list. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #9  
Don't ever give up!

Okay I researched some on the web and I am going to try the SlimFast 3 2 1 diet. Have any of you tried it?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I think there are also probably more nutritious and satisfying snacks than cereal
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #11  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

I am the queen of picky eating lol Everyone teases me that all I would ever eat is mac and cheese and pizza (which isn't true but kindof close lol)

The list of stuff I refuse to touch is far higher then stuff i could ever eat

I was never big on veggies and I thought I hated them all. But since starting to eat healthier I noticed I actually did like some! I didn't like icky canned veggies that I was use to growing up on.

I bought frozen veggies. Those steam in the bags are amazing. I LOVE sugarsnap peas. I love broccoli and carrots and peppers and onions. and everday I am trying something new.

Alot of the dislike is just in our heads lol

They have tons of frozen veggies mixes and some even in light sauces and with pasta and rices and chicken. I would totally try buying one new one each week and trying it. You might be surprised

If you stick with cereal I would make sure it was the better ones like the kashi, or fiber one or even cheerios people tend to like them alot. I also like a bowl of cereal snack every now and then but make sure it is a good one

You could also switch the sprite to diet and save some calories and get rid of the sugar and carbs from it. I actually like diet sprite it is one that tastes really close to the normal one.

Goodluck!! and congrats on your weight loss so far!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #12  
HelenMay

S/C/G: 159/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Good luck with it lusciouskittles. I think it`s a great start and you`ve lost weight doing it so that`s wonderful.

I too would consider adding a touch more protein like fish, veal and turkey.

I would also try to add one new food each week that has some iron.

My fear for you is that you will quickly tire of this because it`s so limited. I have a feeling that by adding something new each week, you might even enjoy the taste because it`s something new.

I`m also doing my own thing and not following a diet per se so I get where you are coming from.

Good luck with it and keep us posted....LOL - I might try your diet next week!
HelenMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #13  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Nice for starters, as time goes on you will develope better eating habits if you stick to your plan. On this journey you have to do what works for you. Find a plan and work it. Good luck on your journey!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
Nice for starters, as time goes on you will develope better eating habits if you stick to your plan. On this journey you have to do what works for you. Find a plan and work it. Good luck on your journey!
I agree. It's not that you have to force yourself to eat stuff you don't like, but your tastes can definitely change. Years ago, I would not hesitate to dive into a half gallon of ice cream. Now, I'm not really an ice cream person. I would choose a bowl of watermelon in a heartbeat. That doesn't mean I can't over-indulge on healthy foods too, but my preferences have changed. It just boils down to choices and turning those choices into long term habits.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #15  
Don't ever give up!

Thanks so much everyone!!! Today I am starting the Slimfast 3 2 1 Plan (which doesnt mean you have to have slimfast all of the time as long as you watch your calories) and im going to walmart to pick out one thing i used to hate and try to train myself to like it.... You all are wonderful =]]