Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/See Tracker/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Why is it so hard to get back on track?

I used to post here all the time, and read the forums ALL the time. I was doing great. I lost 65 lbs and was well on my way to reaching my goal of 100 in 12. Then I got distracted by my life. I started getting all this attention from guys, and found out my ex of 8 years was getting married and having a baby and it made me feel like I was never going to find that. I started looking at all the flaws I had and gained back 10 lbs. I want to catch this before I go to far in the opposite direction. What do you do to get back on track? I'm currently training to run the Chicago Marathon on 10/10/10. I've run two halfs, but its hard to track when I'm running all the time.

Thanks for any advise!
daisy5819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

You just have to do it. Obviously you have the tools necessary to lose. You lost 65 and gained back 10 meaning you STILL have lost a total of 55 which is no small task! Congrats on that! Congrats on also realizing what you were doing before you gained all 65 back!

I know that I'm not doing well and not on track when I shy away from 3FC. It's like I'm guilty and don't want to come on here and tell anyone what happened, but this is the biggest and best support system I've found.

So stick around, start working on your plan and get back to what works!

WELCOME BACK!

Last edited by Feral; 08-02-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'10

I def. know how you feel... the last 6 months I've gained back the weight I lost and then some. Sometimes it feels overwhelming, but were only human and we need to aloow ourselves mistakes and setbacks. Be kind to yourself and just get your focus again!!

p.s. your ex is your ex for a reason remember that.... your future AMAZING boyfriend should be the one youre thinking about!!!!
BeatnikMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #4  
Samantha417

Just like what Feral said, you ONLY gained back 10, not 65! Your weight loss is something to be proud of! You just need to jump back on that horse! Use your marathon as a motivator! It is tough when you've fallen off and you're trying to get back on, but just look back at how you felt when you stepped on that scale and saw the progress you had made! You can do this!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I think it's so hard to get off track because we haven't learned new habits yet, and we may like our old habits better. Only 10 lbs, like everyone else said - you can loose it again, start RIGHT NOW!

I need to jump back on track too, I started again today after a horrible weekend. Time to STAY on track, one step back - and two steps forward is still progress
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #6  
Fatty 2x4

S/C/G: 180/180 (boo..)/140 for now

Height: 5'5'

I'm in the same boat - I too need to get back on track. I agree, you've just got to make yourself do it. Ha, look at me talking. But you've still lost a significant amount of weight - you have a reason to be proud!
IndieSoul is offline   Reply With Quote