Awesome today! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/160

Height: 5'3

Lightbulb Awesome today!

I find myself constantly thinking about my goal jeans and thinking about how great life will be when I actually get there that I forget that life is good right now!!!

Life is about living in the moment... not living in the future. So I found that I needed some reminders and little things that make today awesome!

Here are some things I do to feel awesome on a daily basis:

* Take longer strides when I walk (not faster, just longer)

* Hold my head up more and stand up straighter (looking up is way better than shying down!)

* Smiling at random people!

* Making my makeup a bit more bold (brighter eye colours, bolder lipstick - reminds myself that I am not a "plain jane")

* Wearing some of my own hand made jewelry

* Choosing a salad at lunch instead of a greasy burger (its empowering to like to eat healthy foods!)

So these are just some of my ideas... anyone else have others they want to share?

ChevysandSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I love smiling at random people. I'm the type that makes eye contact with everyone (or tries to) and I smile. And I always try to compliment people. I know when I get compliments, it makes my day. I too find myself thinking about the future. This time around I've decided that it isn't about losing weight as soon as possible. My goal is to lose slowly, that way I'll have the tools to maintain it. No fad diets! I mean, if I woke up tomorrow at my goal weight, I wouldn't complain either But I know it doesn't work that way. Yay empowerment!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote