Old 07-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Talking What are YOUR NSVs for the week?

Today is the last day of "my week" (my weeks start on Sundays, dunno if anyone else has a weird thing with that - I know lots of people start their weeks Mondays, lol), and the final day of the 1st 4 weeks since I've started back to things.

I had a few NSVs this week I'd like to share and even more than that would love to hear what everyone's Non-Scale Victories for the week are! We should do this every week to celebrate ourselves for all our hard work that may or may not show on that ever lovin' scale!

NSVs for my week:

#1 - I ran 30 minutes STRAIGHT, no walking whatsoever!

#2 - Today will be day 10 of staying in my calorie range. Although I've been back at things for 4 weeks now, I have had several days (5 to be exact) where I've "cheated" or gone over my calorie range goal. I feel like I've gotten a better mindset about my eating and it's a real real real great victory for me to be sitting at 10 days and NOT feeling deprived and waiting for that cheat day!

#3 - I have reached my workout goals for 4 straight weeks now!

Can't wait to read everyone else's!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #2  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

I just did Level 2 of 30DS... a victory for me because I was really nervous about trying it! It wasn't as hard as my first couple tries at Level 1 were, that's for sure! I don't do well with planks, but I'm sure I'll get better if I don't let myself get discouraged.

I did 10 minutes on the elliptical at 6 mph yesterday. When I first started working out I could only do max 1 minute, and I was panting and dying by the end of it. My previous record before yesterday was 5 minutes, but I was pretty exhausted after 3...I had to push myself to do the last 2. I didn't get tired till about 9 minutes yesterday and pushed myself to 10. So that's a pretty big victory for me as well.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't know if this counts as a victory, but I have noticed this last week that my saddlebags are gone. YAY!! I've always had these bulges on my outer thighs and now that they are gone, I find myself randomly rubbing my hands up and down my thighs throughout the day. I guess I just want to verify that the lumps really are gone.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #4  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

I either went to the gym or worked out a home 6 days straight and added a half percent incline and increased my speed on the treadmill my 2/10 of a mile.
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #5  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

I wore a pretty tiny bathing suit in public... and felt pretty good about how I looked.
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #6  

After quitting smoking almost a full month ago, this was the absolute first week I didn't feel any kind of craving, and I didn't substitute soda/snacks/gum for a craving!!!
Foxlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlette View Post
After quitting smoking almost a full month ago, this was the absolute first week I didn't feel any kind of craving, and I didn't substitute soda/snacks/gum for a craving!!!
that's so impressive! congrats!

i quit smoking about 4 months ago, and i'm not going to lie.. it's hard. lol But i'm not going back, i simply can't. I was always exhausted and i know i could never run my first 5k if i started smoking.

Also, i'm seeing some nice changes in my body. my love handles have definitely gone down.

Last edited by therex; 07-24-2010 at 10:26 PM.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #8  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow way to go everyone!

My NSV is that I took time waiting for my Japanese class to start by walking 2 laps around the campus grounds instead of sitting in the classroom..the layout is much like a big oval, so I walked around twice and got about a half hour walk in by doing so.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #9  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

I found an awesome 60's inspired top at the store today. When I put it on,
I thought to myself "I could never have worn this without losing the weight I did." It was a mirror-lovin moment!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by therex View Post
that's so impressive! congrats!

i quit smoking about 4 months ago, and i'm not going to lie.. it's hard. lol But i'm not going back, i simply can't. I was always exhausted and i know i could never run my first 5k if i started smoking.

Also, i'm seeing some nice changes in my body. my love handles have definitely gone down.
Congrats on both of your accomplishments! That's so great. It really isn't easy, but it's something I have needed to do for a very long time. It was always "This is the last pack.." or "One more smoke, because I'm seeing my friends who smoke..." or "I've had a stressful day, and I won't put food in my mouth if I smoke.." I'm a great crafter of excuses.

Congrats to everyone on their NSVs. Very inspiring!
Foxlette is offline   Reply With Quote