Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing this journey
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Ohh!!!! That is soooo amazing!! I loved seeing the pictures and hearing your story!! I am so extremely excited for you!!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I am so happy for you... congrats...
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Awesome! Congratulations!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #65  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

This is just so awesome, so CONGRATS!

Really, I know you had been looking forward to him coming home, and it was obvious that you loved him by the way that you talked about him. He looks like a great guy and I am sure you two will be happy....well you already ARE happy, but you know what I mean.

Oh, and btw, you look GORGEOUS. I hope I'll be that skinny some day. lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #66  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you both!! You're going to have a TON of fun planning and you guys are so super cute together!!

ps - The pics are great, but I loved the story!

Last edited by stargzr; 07-23-2010 at 09:45 AM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I had to share my big exciting news I'm also typing out the whole very long extended version out. Feel free to skip the details. You already know the end (I said "yes"), so go ahead and just look at pictures, haha.

First of all, for those of you who don't know, my guy has been in Iraq for 9 months. I lost all the weight whilst he was gone, so he came home to a brand new girlfriend, pretty much. He hasn't been able to keep his hands off (I haven't been able to keep my hands off him either, lol), but he has told me several times that he thinks I'm beautiful now and that I was beautiful then, he just wants me to be happy and confident. At the beginning, he was being a bit obnoxious about me ordering a salad when everyone else was eating pasta or something, but we had a good talk about it. Ever since he's been awesome. When we stayed with his parents, he knew I was bashful about asking for specific foods, but he made sure his parents provided my usual whole wheat, lean protein, and lots of fruits and veggies.

Anyways, enough about weight stuff, haha.

So he got to my hometown of Sheridan, Wy on the 7th, we spent a few days getting over jet lag. Apparently he had "the talk" with my dad during this time, I was not aware. Then we flew to Wisconsin to see his parents for a few days. We had lots of fun there, went to a waterpark, had a massive family party (I got the stamp of approval, haha), and did some other Wisconsin-ish things. Then it gets exciting. He'd had this planned since February, and everyone knew but me. He was planning on picking the ring up from his parents in Wisconsin, we'd fly back to Wyo, and we were going to drive straight up the mountain to my family's cabin after the flight. Then he'd propose at sunset on the deck of the cabin overlooking the lake. Well, our connecting flight was four hours delayed. It kept getting later and later, lol. And I was getting grumpy, saying things like "screw the cabin tonight, we'll go tomorrow." I was definitely being a crank, and poor Sean, I had no idea that he was a nervous wreck waiting to propose, haha. So we finally get to Wyo, jump in the truck and get halfway up the mountain and realize we don't have gas. So we drive 20 min back into town, get gas, and head back up. At this point, it's sunset. Sean kept mentioning how pretty the sunset was and how he wanted to make it up there before dark. I was actually offended by this, because I thought he wasn't trusting me to navigate the mountain roads in the dark (there's a 4-mile stretch where you have to go <10mph over rocks and mud...it's a secluded cabin, lol). Like I said, I was cranky. Well we finally get to the cabin, and I immediately want a beer and a sandwich which isn't very romantic. But he went out on the deck and called me out. We stood there for a second, the stars were absolutely amazing. There was juuust enough twilight left to see the outline of the pine trees and their reflection in the lake. We talked for a bit and out of nowhere he got down on one knee. I squealed, haha, not gonna lie. But he had a beautiful proposal, and I of course said yes. Then we spent the night, the next day, and another night at the cabin...let's just say, we didn't get much fishin done, hehe.

Sooo, our wedding is tentatively planned for mid-December after I graduate college. He has to go back to Iraq for two more months, then he'll come back and help me bring the last few details together. We need to get'er done soon because we're headed to Captain's Career Course at Ft. Sill, OK in January. So December really is the best time for it. Since it's short notice and near the holiday, we're really only expecting close family and friends to show up. But it'll be a military wedding with the guys in their dress blues. We'll walk under the arch of sabers, cut the cake with a saber, and some other fun military traditions. And the reception will hopefully be at the Officer's Club. We haven't figured out honeymoon stuff. I'm already overwhelmed with planning, haha.

Anyways, I know you only care about pictures, so here they are We took these yesterday morning. We just drove down the road near my house and my stepmom snapped a few pics. Not professional by any means, but some of them turned out really nice, I think.

I cropped this so it's more artistic, but that version isn't on FB yet. This is the best shot I have of the ring. It's a beautiful white gold setting with the past, present, and future diamonds and then five little diamonds on each side of the main three. I love it!
[Hehe, sorry about the picture overload and the cheesy novel. I'm super uber excited!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful thing to see!! Wish the best to the both of you!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 190/135

Height: 5'1"

Congrats....You guys look so happy together.
SheGos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #69  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

OMG CONGRATS! Those pics and the story are absolutely beautiful! You are gorgeous! I am so happy for you guys! My Hubby is going to Iraq for 6 months and I'm really nervous and don't know what to expect. It will be our first deployment.

I wish you guys all the best! Happy wedding planning!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #70  
Still working on it..

S/C/G: 306/ticker/130

Height: 5'3

Congrats for everything!! Have Fun planning!!
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #71  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Thanks again everyone

I had to say goodbye to him yet again on Friday. He went back to Iraq to finish the deployment, and I came back to Alabama. It was an absolutely fantastic trip, and I was of course sad to say goodbye, but there are just a few months left until he comes home for good. And I need to get busy planning the wedding!

A few people asked how I lost the weight...Pretty much, calorie counting. I kept track of exercise and calories on caloriecount.com. Generally, I eat 1200-1500, but I'm fairly liberal in cheat days. Sustainability is my goal, and I NEED fairly frequent cheats to sustain this lifestyle. I lost 50+lbs and have been maintaining so far with weekly cheat meals and plenty of mini-cheats thrown in. I do exercise daily, but not rigorously. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get myself excited about running a 5k, spending hours in the gym, or anything of the such. I've forced myself to do it for a few weeks at a time, but again, that isn't sustainable for me. I make sure to get an hour of activity everyday. Usually, that's a long walk or vigorous cleaning or work outside or a hike, etc. I do try to keep up with strength training though.

So that's it in a nutshell. No specific plans, I eat whatever I want as long as it falls in my daily calorie limit. I cheat often enough to keep myself happy. I record everything, exercise and calories. And I weigh daily to stay on track.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #72  
No description available.

Congrats!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

awww I'm so happy for you. I hope he showers you with love and laughter your whole life
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #74  

Height: 5'4"

I hope this doesn't sound creepy (lol) but I've followed your posts for a while, and I have to say - SO glad there's a happy ending!!! Or rather, a happy beginning

Best of luck to you guys. You look great, and you guys look so happy together - it comes through even in the pictures.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Congrats!!! You two look great together!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote