Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #1  
No excuses, No regrets.

S/C/G: 278/190/175

Height: 5'9

Default Endometriosis and Lupron??

Hey Ladies!

I have advanced endometriosis and exactly a month ago I had surgery that confirmed that I do have it and they tried to clean it up the best they could...

Today, I am starting Lupron for the next 6 months in hopes of basically shutting my ovaries down to help them heal and such... (there are many more details but I'm kinda in a hurry and you guys really dont want to hear all the details, I promise.)

My doctor seems very positive about these Lupron shots. She did tell me the risks and the side effects but said they were maybe some hot flashes and thats it.. But, I (being me..) decided to research..... of course... OH MY GOD... the horror stories!!

So yeah, now I am nervous. Have any of you ever taken Lupron shots for endometriosis? And if so, what can I expect? I'm tough enough to handle side effects (****, I've dealt with worse with my PCOD and the Endo) But I would like to know what I am getting in to. Taking the first shot in... about an hour. ha.

Thanks in advance for anything you guys can tell me!

xoxo
La Vie.
La Vie Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #2  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

La Vie - I have no idea about that, but if they're shutting down your ovaries it sounds like it will send you into basically menopause. I hope someone is able to give you more information, and that all goes well for you!!

Happy thoughts headed your way!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #3  
No excuses, No regrets.

S/C/G: 278/190/175

Height: 5'9

Misstraveller- Yup! thats pretty much exactly what they are doing... I am prepared for hot flashes, night sweats, and a little bit of moodiness (thats just what my doc warned me about already) But I am just wondering if anyone else out there could tell me what level of severity to expect and stuff....

Thanks for the happy thoughts! I think in these next 6 months I'm going to need it. :-)
La Vie Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

I have taken Lupron for my IVF cycle but not for endo. Although I do have Endo and know some people who have done extended cycles. I took it for 3 weeks or so? Be prepared for Hot flashes, HEADACHES and mood swings. I think since I was on it for a short while and then combined with other hormones i was taking did effect my side effects.
Good Luck! I hope you can get some relief. Plus the needle is so small the shots shouldnt bother you once you get used to administering them
Emmieooo is offline   Reply With Quote