Old 07-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Default 3 week challenge!

I am a teacher and I start my first day of my three week summer school geometry session tomorrow! I decided that since I'll be very busy it would be a great time to kick my weight loss back into high gear. I really am challenging myself to try my hardest- staying at 1200 cal a day and working out every day.

I'm curious to see what I can do in three weeks.

Anyone want to join me?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm down with you Joy. Although I haven't counted calories before Friday (I've just been following South Beach), but I have to do a food journal for my trainer. I know before she told me I could do as high as 1700 with my work out regime...

But I'm down for 3 weeks of eating ON PLAN.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #3  

I'm with you! I just got back from visiting family during the 4th which resulted in a lot of "you should really start losing weight" conversations. I see them again in 3 weeks! So I've just started really eating on plan since last Thursday and am still in the beginner's fast weight loss phase (which I love every time). After this next visit I won't see them again until Thanksgiving due to grad school, so it'll be nice to show them I'm making progress before they get a big surprise seeing me in November.
SpoonSockSpork12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #4  

Ah, and I just noticed both of you mentioned your plans. I'm counting calories with a South Beach Phase II mindset, but I will allow myself some minimal added sugars (not HFCS!). I also try to buy local meat/dairy/produce, or organic if local isn't feasible. Since I'm at the start of all this I'm aiming for about 1500 each day as long as I'm losing weight. I've also started training for a 5K and am just beginning to incorporate weight training regularly.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #5  

Spoon - awesome! Sounds like you and I are doing the same thing. P1 of South Beach is awesome because it kick starts the crap out of your weight loss.... and as long as you're OP you will continue losing. It's taken me 6 months to lose 30 lbs but there was a little (or a lottle LOL) cheating here and there. However, I do think slower weight loss is the better way to go. SB for me is better than Atkins because I can still have pasta ... and lemme tell you. Whole Wheat mac and cheese is my best friend too! Off topic, but that is a tornado in your profile pic right? Was that near you or do you just like forces of nature?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #6  
Samantha417

I'm down! I need this motivation since I'm so close to my goal and I keep slipping! I'm staying at 1350 calories though. I've done 1200 before, and when I work out every day, I'm VERY hungry.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #7  
Kaye

S/C/G: 176/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'll join! I am a geometry teacher, too!!! I will be a first year teacher and I have a month until school starts. i am so determined to drop some weight and not be the "big" teacher.
yoyo no more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #8  

Hey Feral, glad to meet you. Nice to find another SB-ish person. I've lost a good deal with strict SB before, but during the school year it was too difficult to maintain so that's why I went with these modifications. Didn't do P1 this time around and still seem to be losing the cravings and the week 1 water weight, haha.

I study tornadoes, atmospheric science student; the one in my picture was about 5 km from me when I took that picture.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #9  

Awww man - I tell you. Teachers/people who work in schools eat more than ANYONE I know. I say this because I'm the secretary in the Guidance office at a middle school.

There is ALWAYS food around. It's so hard to get away from.

Spoon
- nice to meet you as well! That is sooooo cool. When I was little I wanted to be a storm chaser, but truth be told I'm terrified of storms. LOL I used to shake like a leaf anytime a really big storm came through. If I wont the lottery though and had money to blow I would go on one of those week expeditions with storm chasers though. Very cool!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #10  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

I'm in! I'll be well into "spending time at other people's houses and eating other people's food" at that point (embarking on two visits, first to a friend's house, then to my boyfriend's new place before I head to college) and it'll be nice to have a reason not to throw all caution to the winds as far as eating, even if I can't get in the exercise.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #11  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

I'd like to join! This is what I need right now. My plan is to stay at 1200 calories. Although if I do stay between 1000-1600, that is great also. As for working out, I plan to get out there and workout on as many days as I can.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm in. I need a kick in the butt, I've been too lazy lately. I want to keep my calories at abt 1450 and work out at least twice a week.
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #13  
one pound at a time

Yoyo- I teach geometry too!

Oh man it's been really hard this week since I've been coming home exhausted every day and just falling asleep. Plus I had some bad family drama yesterday to the point where I was considering eloping and calling off the wedding. However, ive managed to work out fairly regularly and stay within a healthy calorie range regardless. I even forgot to weigh myself today. (which may not have bee such a bad thing)
Old 07-15-2010, 02:27 AM   #14  
one pound at a time

But I forgot to mention that I've been tivoing dance your a** off on oxygen and seeing them move around has been total motivation to me while I'm working out