Old 07-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #1  
Failure is NOT an Option

S/C/G: 266.1/Ticker/190

Height: 5'9

Thumbs down Harder than I thought....

I been trying to do this diet thing for a few months now and although I know its work its more work than I ever could imagine. I always yo-yo'd in the weight department but would be able to get to the gym and do something I haven't been able to actually find the time to enter the gym in months I find myself doing NOTHING in my spare time when it could have been used for 40 minutes in the gym its sooo sad and depressing but its like my motivation is GONE.

Im @ my highest weight EVER and its like how do I start I even tried on multiple occasions cleaning out my kitchen and buying health foods but one wrong turn in my daily routine (waking up late, forgetting my food... etc.) send me in the wrong direction.

I dont know what to do but I need to start the last I was on the scale it was DISGUSTING looking @ the # never seen it that high b4, last night I went out with co-workers and saw the pics and couldnt believe that was me ughhh what to do
PrincessKinaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #2  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I use to be the same way! I did exactly what your talking about, I would forget my lunch and have whatever I wanted at Taco Bell, or wake up late, eat a 600 calorie honey bun from walgreens, have a monster energyf drink, maybe some oreo cakesters, some chips... then eat horrible for lunch, since i did badly to start with, and it was down hill from there. For weeks I would say tomorrow i'm starting again. But tomorrow would rarley come, and then I would mess up.. again. What changed for me was this site, my disgust with how I look and feel (and how i thought, I'm tired of thinking sluggishly) and the words from women here. The goal stories are amazing, there are threads about what we want to wear when we hit goal size. A few wise women told me I just have to suck it up and do it. That hit home. I knew I was being half***ed about it.
You can do this. Power through. Commit to getting up when your alarm goes off, and if you wake up late of forget your lunch, make better choices (eat fewer calories/carbs/less fat). I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Last edited by SarahD140; 07-04-2010 at 06:53 PM.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

PrincessKinaNY- I know how you feel and still struggle with this from time to time. I have gotten to the point where I am realizing that if I just DO IT I actually put in the time and feel great about it afterward. I found that the more I just got up and did something the more motivation I would have to get out and do it again the next time. That big wall that is blocking you from starting will become smaller and smaller the more you start working at it. Before you know it nothing will be holding you back and you will love that you are using your time to do something good for yourself. You really have a great support system here. I jumped in on the weigh in challenges, exercise challenges etc. which made me feel accountable and work harder. You can do it!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, girl. I have definitely been where you are. You know what I've learned? You just have to do the best you can. Woke up late? Forgot your lunch? Ate some junk? Maybe that throws off your plan, but it doesn't mean the whole day is shot. You can still do a lot of things that day that will help you get closer to your goal. You can't expect yourself to be perfect. I used to, and I was just super frustrated with myself all the time. I really had to learn to be patient with myself, forgive the mistakes and move on. Maybe the gym's not your thing- it's definitely not mine. Find something else that you enjoy doing to get exercise and do that- find a pretty place and go for a walk, swim, ride your bike, do DVDs in your living room (my personal favorite- the more ridiculous I look, the better ). I've also heard the advice of listing all the reasons why you want to lose weight. Focusing on the positive can be great motivation and helped me get through some rough patches. I know I can't give up on all the things I want for myself.

Realize that this can happen for you; it won't be easy, but you can totally do it! And we're here to support you all the way!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

I think this is one of the biggest hurdles for a lot of people. I have a lot of trouble if I eat even one bad thing during the day.

I had a planned BBQ today and had a burger and some chips. No big deal right? I even stayed on plan as far as calories went. However, now all I want is fast food and bad foods. It's ridiculous.

I have no real advice, but just know you are not alone. Just stay strong! We are all here for you!

Last edited by MutableParadox; 07-04-2010 at 07:51 PM.
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #6  
Failure is NOT an Option

S/C/G: 266.1/Ticker/190

Height: 5'9

Thank u all for the gr8 words and feedback... Its like excuse after excuse mind u I am throwing a BBQ n 2 weeks ughhh but imma try it this week I want to go to the gym @ least 5days a week so we will see I figured cleaning my house today is a lil work out since its night light cleaning lot of activities washing folding going up n down stairs but 2morrow I want to hit the gym I guess we'll see.

I was reading the 30 day shred thread I may try that but lil scared im so out of shape stretching become a job ughhh
PrincessKinaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I think planning is one of the major keys to successful weight loss. Even if you are dead tired at night, make sure you have planned out what you are going to eat the next day for every meal and every snack. Without a plan it is really easy to stumble. With a plan, you don't have to think about it--you just do it.

I see that you are considering the 30 Day Shred. It is great! I highly recommend it. It doesn't matter if you can't do it perfectly at first--you will build endurance over time. The only way to do that, though, is to actually workout consistently. It won't be easy, but it will get easier over time.

Good luck!

Cheers,

J

Last edited by LotusMama; 07-05-2010 at 01:12 PM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

PrincessKinaNY- I recommend the 30DS too. Right now I on day 4. I don't know if you saw it but we have a thread going for those where are intimidated by the 30DS (thread name is 30 Day Shred! FEAR!!). We are working through it together. Feel free to join us at any point.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

I was the same way for awhile. I would try to lose weight but the second I was set back I would just ... fall apart and not be able to continue on my goal. This time for me is different, I told myself that I have no other choice than to lose weight, I refused to weigh more than I did at that very moment every again and got to work.

I've found that if I plan on working out at the end of the day that I never get to it, which stands in the way of reaching my goals as well, and I would do the same thing as you -- find myself doing nothing instead of exercising.

Try making a contract with yourself and start by making smaller changes first. Once you see the weight start to come off, take that as encouragement to make other changes and continue from there. Whenever I would start making massive changes from the beginning I would find myself more easily discouraged than when I started by making small changes, and once they became a way of life, making more.

For example, last November I went to Italy and decided to completely change the way that I eat. I started cooking for myself, cut most fast food out of my diet, and stopped drinking soda. Once those changes became normal, I started changing my diet to be a little healthier, and cut out most white flour and candy. Again, once I made these changes, I adjusted again ... this time I started working out 5 days a week, and so the cycle goes on. That way the changes that I were making were more of a way of life than anything else and it REALLY helps me not get discouraged.

You are in charge here and you CAN do it. I know how hard it can be and how easy it is to become discouraged but once you get used to sticking with it, the changes you make become changes to your lifestyle and before you know it, everything is different.

Best of luck! And signing in and being an active member here has really helped me stay motivated with sticking to my plan. Join some challenges! It might help.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #10  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

My advice would be to start off slow and change one thing at a time. I was the one who used to set such high, unrealistic goals, there was no way I was going to reach them. So, I took baby steps this time. I began fixing the way I ate, cutting calories, diarying everything I ate, etc. Once I was comfortable with that aspect (and trust me, the pounds still come off), then I began working out. I didn't pressure myself to work out 5 days a week to start with, just because I knew that I never worked out that much in my entire life, and I knew that I wouldn't keep that goal. So, I started with 3, then worked up from there.

You CAN do this, just be smart about it. Wake up late? Grab a piece of fruit. No lunch? Do some nutritional information research before leaving for lunch and don't deviate from that plan.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote